ADVERTISEMENT

The last time I saw the federal government

Sleepy can do no wrong. Come on Man! Jump on board and take your United pill.
All this sh@t is OrgangeMan's fault. Sleepy has got us revved up and headed in the right direction with his EO dictator pen.

be this poor in response to a natural disaster was Hurricane Katrina.
You referring to the Republic of Texas? Seems to be doing ok since Ted came back from Cancun. The power was restored!! It was like a miracle!!
MAGA by Gawd!!

So not a Cruz fan either?

Can you list the republicans you do like? We already know you’re a Mitt Romney fanboy.
I’m happy with all the 17 GOP who voted against the Dictator. That took a lot of guts knowing that they and their families lives would immediately be in danger from Trumpsky militia QAnon, Oath Keepers and Proud boys.

I do like Romney and Sasse... I also really like Adam Kinsinger . He’s a future star. But I think the best bet for a winning ticket is Mike Pence and Nikki Haley- if they are brave enough to put their lives on the line. Pence knows that Trump fascists still wants to hang him.

I’m happy with all the 17 GOP who voted against the Dictator. That took a lot of guts knowing that they and their families lives would immediately be in danger from Trumpsky militia QAnon, Oath Keepers and Proud boys.

I do like Romney and Sasse... I also really like Adam Kinsinger . He’s a future star. But I think the best bet for a winning ticket is Mike Pence and Nikki Haley- if they are brave enough to put their lives on the line. Pence knows that Trump fascists still wants to hang him.
N5M5jALSVXu-1e-dbBCg2okgHBlxiFch5W6MBeI9nlByRq0G1VHTDiBXMJ71ptDVKdPeNhplO0La4MKXbxzY5i1aOePjiWyDv_9U7hIQ91SfTuTBdBpm76YOp5P-pUtm9ZZ3k9cVATLmcDFn5k4vrTgrT5sYTnBXwHUF1-cM79Ct

What have the feds done to help?
I don’t know other than what I read about mobilizing generators and supplies which they could in the 1-2 fay time frame that the Trump lemming Governor ( largely responsible for the failure) declared an emergency and requested federal assistance.

Now that said- I know that you want to pick a fight due to your FEMA background. .. so ill just turn it over to you to tell the audience what should have been done.- ( notwithstanding preventative maintenance practices all over the world) .

I will agree on Pence. He was caught between a rock and a hard place on Jan 6th and made the best decisions he could. He always struck me as the more grounded half of the Trump-Pence ticket.

Nikki Haley seems sharp and as a bonus is hawut for her age. Definitely would. I'd vote for her too.

I'd have to research more on the other names you floated. Romney seems like he bends whichever way the wind is blowing. Can't say I am impressed with him. I wasn't thrilled with him in 2012 either, but he was all we had against Barry Sortero. I supported him with the same logic I used in 2016. I'm sure you know who ran in that race.

Antifa and BLM are coming to Senator's homes and damaging them. Why don't you care about that?

My question is rhetorical, of course. I know why. We all do.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I don’t know other than what I read about mobilizing generators and supplies which they could in the 1-2 fay time frame that the Trump lemming Governor ( largely responsible for the failure) declared an emergency and requested federal assistance.

Now that said- I know that you want to pick a fight due to your FEMA background. .. so ill just turn it over to you to tell the audience what should have been done.- ( notwithstanding preventative maintenance practices all over the world) .

Not trying to pick a fight at all, pantload. I specifically brought up Katrina because it was a GOP POTUS in the WH. Fact is, the Biden administration dropped the fvcking ball. This storm didn't sneak up on anyone. And, I'm not letting Abbott off the hook. Texas fvcked this up royally. That doesn't change that Biden shoved his head up his ass and did nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaFan1137

First off, I think I’d take my chances with the kooky QAnon/Proud Boys, than the ANTIFA/BLM mob, they have A LOT more deaths and damage on their resumes.

Secondly, the first three RINOS you named are just that, RINOS. They won’t energize the base (remember 08 & 12) and we will lose, period. And I think Pence is a stand up guy, authentic conservative and ethical. As for Trump supporters (74 million plus) wanting to “hang him”, I’d say they number about 12 or so...on their worst day. Haley? She said the right things at the UN but she’s got some “splainin” to do on recent remarks.

Not trying to pick a fight at all, pantload. I specifically brought up Katrina because it was a GOP POTUS in the WH. Fact is, the Biden administration dropped the fvcking ball. This storm didn't sneak up on anyone. And, I'm not letting Abbott off the hook. Texas fvcked this up royally. That doesn't change that Biden shoved his head up his ass and did nothing.
1st- you didn’t answer what actions you think should be taken that President Biden FEMA didn’t take. Considering the Governor has to first request Federal aid.... then the time frame until the grid coming back on. Which cities areas areas first?

2- you gotta be fvcking shitting me about knowing the weather. Why not Oklahoma Arkansas Montana Nebraska too ???
I’ll wait on your answers.

1st- you didn’t answer what actions you think should be taken that President Biden FEMA didn’t take. Considering the Governor has to first request Federal aid.... then the time frame until the grid coming back on. Which cities areas areas first?

2- you gotta be fvcking shitting me about knowing the weather. Why not Oklahoma Arkansas Montana Nebraska too ???

1) A federal declaration was made on February 14, but nothing other than a few a few generators and blankets were sent. People needed food and water. Grocery stores were empty as of this past Wednesday. That was the 17th. Again, the feds declared on the 14th, but nothing was being done.

2) The National Weather Service was talking about the temps and precipitation several days before it actually happened. One of us tracks this stuff. It ain't you.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg

As far as your question about other states, you are aware that a disaster has to reach certain standards in order to be declared, right? Maybe the states you listed didn't meet the threshold. Texas wasn't the only declaration. Louisiana got one too. You might want to retreat now.

As far as your question about other states, you are aware that a disaster has to reach certain standards in order to be declared, right? Maybe the states you listed didn't meet the threshold. Texas wasn't the only declaration. Louisiana got one too. You might want to retreat now.
You are so FOS. Cold weather for 3 days wasn’t the real problem. It was a lot worse in EVERY state to the north . All you people are trying to deflect from the fact that this was a man made disaster simply because of the incompetence of the state government and its deregulation policies. But keep ranting..

I was enjoying the get back posts of the wind power and solar haters until they found out that gas and coal power were the far greater failure. I’ve been setting this up for years with those annoying green energy posts.

Of course I’m aware of that. Are you aware that there was NOT a disaster in states that were hit worse than Texas? Why not ?

Of course I’m aware of that. Are you aware that there was NOT a disaster in states that were hit worse than Texas? Why not ?

Completely irrelevant since I already said Abbott shared blame. Fact is, it ended up being a disaster. Could it have been prevented? Yep. Was it? Nope. So, back to the original topic....the feds have dropped the ball on a disaster it declared a week ago. You can keep spinning it and keep looking stupid if you want.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
You are so FOS. Cold weather for 3 days wasn’t the real problem. It was a lot worse in EVERY state to the north . All you people are trying to deflect from the fact that this was a man made disaster simply because of the incompetence of the state government and its deregulation policies. But keep ranting..

I was enjoying the get back posts of the wind power and solar haters until they found out that gas and coal power were the far greater failure. I’ve been setting this up for years with those annoying green energy posts.

Again, for the 5th fvcking time, my "get back" post on green energy failure came days PRIOR to the issues in Texas. You have convinced yourself otherwise...so now history has been revised.

You often revise history. That tells me something about you.

I give two fvcks about Texas government. I cannot even begin to fathom your point...or what victory you are claiming.

And now deregulation is bad? You are super-duper Republican.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT