ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - December 5th

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Bryan Nohava, Jacob Barnhart, Donovan Holterhaus, Parker Badding, Lucas Duax, Beau Cornwell, Matt Mims, and Aaron Blom.

..........................................................................................................................................
Kuemper Catholic guard Parker Badding
What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Mainly it has just been Briar Cliff that has been interested.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’ll be taking a trip to Briar Cliff once the season opens up more. Hopefully I can get more colleges interested in me at that time.”

..........................................................................................................................................
Pella athlete Donovan Holterhaus
Do you have a sporting preference?
“I really like football after the football and had a lot of fun. I have always liked basketball so I don't know yet. I like them both.”

Has there been any interest for football?
“I haven't gotten anything yet. My coach said that NSDU has contacted him along with a couple of others. I haven't had any personal contact.”

What has been the interest been for basketball?
“Central College here in town and Northwestern in Orange City. That is pretty much it.”

“I visited them both. I also talked to Coach Jacobson at UNI and I was thinking about trying to walk on there.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I have always liked UNI and always wanted to go there since I was little. My dad played basketball there and I have always wanted to go there.”

Dubuque Hempstead guard Lucas Duax
“Upper Iowa has been interest and Platteville has been too. Those are the main ones.”

“I went to both colleges over the fall. They had great campuses. I met all the coaches and came away impressed. I went to a game of each and they were both fun.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“With Robert (Duax) at Platteville, I go to most of their games and usually talk to their coaches more. Maybe it is Platteville but there is not a huge difference.”

West Branch guard Beau Cornwell
“It has just been stuff from Division III, II, and NAIA schools. They have been inviting me to camps but I haven't been able to attend because I broke my collarbone during football.”

What are some of the main schools?
“For Division III, it is Central College and Cornell. They have been asking me a lot of questions and talking to me. There are a lot of Division II schools. I just can’t name any of them specifically.”

“Not yet.”

Gehlen Catholic lineman Bryan Nohava
“I talked to Morningside a little bit and Dordt. It is a little early but those are the ones I’ve talked to so far.”

“Not really.”

“Iowa. That is where the best offensive linemen go. I would love to go there or NDSU.”

Cedar Rapids Xavier guard Matt Mims
“I have been in contact with Illinois State, UNI, Drake, North Dakota, South Dakota, Davidson contacted me coach, Nebraska has been sending a lot of stuff, Dartmouth, Southern Mississippi, and Cornell University in New York. Those are the main ones.”

“I took a visit this fall to North Dakota with Owen Coburn and that was pretty fun. I want to make it to a game at South Dakota. I’ve been talking to one of their coaches about that at some time during the season.”

How was your time at North Dakota?
“I liked it a lot. It was a lot different than I thought it’d be. The coaches are really nice. I watched their second practice and they were getting after it. It was nice to see the competition.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d probably say North Dakota. I talk to Coach Horner quite a bit.”

West Branch lineman Jacob Barnhart
“I talked to Coach Reese Morgan from Iowa and had a conversation with him. I bumped into the Northwest Missouri State coach when he was in talking to Butch. I haven't gotten any letters yet.”

When did you get a chance to speak with Coach Morgan?
“It was probably last spring late in the school year. He was talking to Butch and I bumped into him.”

“I never really started watching football until eighth grade but Iowa has always been a favorite of mine.”

Oskaloosa kicker Aaron Blom
Do you have a favorite sport?
“Football would probably be my favorite sport.”

“I have had a little bit of interest from Iowa State with camp invites and Wisconsin. That has been about it.”

What camps are you planning to get to this summer?
“I am planning on attending Iowa, Iowa State, probably Wisconsin, and I hope Michigan and/or Ohio State. I also want to get to the National Scholarship Camp for Kohls.”

“I’ve always been keeping an eye on Alabama and Iowa State. Those two are my favorites.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News