ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Wanders

Oct 3, 2007
Saw this kid run Tuesday night @ Williamsburg & he looked real impressive. First time that I had watched him run this year. He beat some real quality runners from Tipton, Solon, Mid-Prairie & Williamsburg by a lot. Was wondering if anyone has seen him run this year against some of the rated 1A runners in the state since Tanner is not rated in the top 25 & how he did against them?

I haven't seen him run against competition lately, but he's a 16:30-17 minute guy. Saw he ran sub 16 on a short course this season. He hasn't had any competition against the cream of the 1A crop, but I see potential for him to do very well @ state this year (much better than his finish last year)

Tanner Wanders won convincingly at the Knoxville District over the 2nd place runner from BCLUW who has been ranked #1 all year. How did Wanders improve so much since last spring? His track times were not great and would not have predicted this.

Maybe he worked hard and ran 200-300+ miles this summer. Amazing what a little hard work can do for you.

I would agree with the previous post. I noticed Tanner's name in a few local 5ks this summer. Being his senior year, he may have been like myself in high school and decided to really commit himself to his senior season. The work has paid off quite well.

Having been a coach in the SICL, I always pull for those schools to do well since they aren't your "household names" when it comes to state. Don't know his plans after high school, but I'd love to see him run after he graduates either in college or through road races, etc. Hate seeing talent going unused.

In any case, based on his district performance, Wanders should be in the front pack at the State Meet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT