ADVERTISEMENT

State qualifying meet assignments...your thoughts

West_Rocket

Varsity
Mar 30, 2002
I see they posted them prior to Monday (11 PM Sunday is still early). Looking over the assignments, a few surprises as I look over the 3A and 4A sites. Never thought they'd send Fort Madison and Keokuk all the way to Anamosa or send Iowa City West out to Marshalltown with Linn-Mar. Will be interesting to see how things unfold.

Did they post them and then take them down? I can't find them on either the association or union webpage.

In looking at 2a - I can definitely say that they put some thought and consideration into the districts - girls side for sure. They could have sent Hudson and Northeast up to west union, but did not. Also shifted a couple ranked teams from Gilbert over to atlantic. Not that all of the districts are completely balanced, but, with what they had to work with, I think they did a good job of moving teams that they could.

http://www.iahsaa.org/crosscountry/index.html
Hit refresh on browser if they are not there.

I count 72 boys teams' in 2A, but only 70 girls' teams. Tri-Center dropped down. If I am the 4th place team at their district, and they get in, do I have a complaint???

In 1A they got the girls teams evenly distributed with five ranked teams at each regional. On the boys side though there are 3 districts with only 2 ranked teams, one with 4 and one with 5. It's probably impossible to make them both work evenly. The Knoxville district looks like the easiest for both boys and girls. On the boys side two ranked teams and only two ranked individuals. On the girls side, 3 teams and only 5 individuals. Dike looks the hardest for individuals on both sides--10 ranked boys, 9 ranked girls.

The Dike district area is always brutal for 1a lots of great competition in the area. Always leaves home some great runners, not really sure theyre is a way to break that up as there is a lot of small schools in the area. Hopefully the weather holds like it has the last couple weeks for districts, should be amazing times across the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT