ADVERTISEMENT

spuat scored 41 points on the buttsniffers...

Here we go with all the dumb shite from the guys who know more about the weather than football….LOL

Who were the other two and how did their schedules stack up to Awbrin?

Southern Cal
Record: 13-0
Schedule Rank: 7th

Auburn
Schedule Rank: 60th

Utah
Schedule Rank: 67th

Southern Cal
Schedule Rank: 7th

Auburn
Schedule Rank: 60th

Utah
Schedule Rank: 67th
LOL. Go back to your weather forcast!
Auburn’s schedule was much tougher than SC’s. You are posting the out of conference strength of schedule. And I’ve got a newsflash for you on SC’s win/loss record. They had to vacate several wins due to playing ineligible player(s).

Auburn’s schedule was much tougher than SC’s. You are posting the out of conference strength of schedule. And I’ve got a newsflash for you on SC’s win/loss record. They had to vacate several wins due to playing ineligible player(s).

That's the full season SOS.

Sagarin ratings were incorrect as he only had Auburn playing one Top 10 team (#10 UT 34-10 win over the hicks); However, we played #8 UGly (24-6 ass whoopin' - kicked that mangy ass mutt)... so he needs to recalculate. Regardless, USC had to forfeit their wins due to ineligible players, AU finished #2... AND, if #1 vacates 2 of their wins, #2 moves up to #1 easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Bank it.

Sagarin ratings were incorrect as he only had Auburn playing one Top 10 team (#10 UT 34-10 win over the hicks) and #8 UGly (24-6 ass whoopin' - kicked that mangy ass mutt)... so he needs to recalculate. Regardless, USC had to forfeit their wins due to ineligible players, AU finished #2... AND, if #1 vacates 2 of their wins, #2 moves up to #1 easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Bank it.

This from you? 🤣😂🤣

Reactions: derek_tiger
Sagarin ratings were incorrect as he only had Auburn playing one Top 10 team (#10 UT 34-10 win over the hicks); However, we played #8 UGly (24-6 ass whoopin' - kicked that mangy ass mutt)... so he needs to recalculate. Regardless, USC had to forfeit their wins due to ineligible players, AU finished #2... AND, if #1 vacates 2 of their wins, #2 moves up to #1 easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Bank it.
Not only that, AU had at least 4 wins over top ten teams - UT twice including SECCG, VaTech and thUGA. Only a complete dumbass would think Auburn’s 9 win SEC schedule was easier than the fannyPAC schedule SC played.

Take it up with these guys if you do t like it

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

12bsmncsx2.jpg

Bank it.

Sagarin's ratings are based off of where they finish the season. UGA finished #11, so not a top ten win. The only top ten win from the final rankings was actually VT in the bowl game, UT finished #15

AU had wins over - 7, 11, 15, 15, 18, 44, 59
SC had wins over - 3, 6, 7, 13, 17, 31, 34, 41, 46, 53

I am beginning to dislike you...🤬

Reasoned has been acting like a bitch on the rag ever since his team squandered away their season.
Hey now, I got no dog in this friendly spat. 😊
Damn right I’m bitchy, start the year with high expectations, beat a decent Penn St team, on cloud 9 and then drop a big fat 💩 against Purdue…….Pur-freaking-dooo 🤷‍♂️, followed by a thumping from the cheeseheads, resigned ourselves to a 10-2 season, which for us isn’t too bad and then catch the break of all breaks when MN knocks off the cheesedicks, we make the B1G championship game! And then…….we looked like her:
images

Sagarin's ratings are based off of where they finish the season. UGA finished #11, so not a top ten win. The only top ten win from the final rankings was actually VT in the bowl game, UT finished #15

AU had wins over - 7, 11, 15, 15, 18, 44, 59
SC had wins over - 3, 6, 7, 13, 17, 31, 34, 41, 46, 53
So spuat didn't beat the #1 team in the nation last Saturday... correct?

I have zero FTG but the whole idea seems to fly into the face of other discussions we've had on the subject.

Speaking of those discussions, you know I think the 41 season is silly. There are two others which aren't claimed that make much more sense.
This. I guess it’s been a while since we’ve been through this nonsense. Little brother trying to close the gap on mean Ol bammer through creative storytelling of seasons gone by.

I'm just posting the rankings. If you beat a highly ranked team early in the season, and they end up 4-8, how would you calculate that in for their SOS?
You count where they are ranked at the time of the game. I've never... NOT ONCE read a post-game article about a game where the writer says "Alabama beat Georgia (but we'll let you know where they were ranked at the end of the season)".... Gator & I have had this running argument for decades but I realize now (post-election) I was dealing with a demented half-wit the whole time. I could've saved myself a lot of typing...

aka....

Playoff bound: Bama rolls No. 1 Georgia 41-24 for SEC title​

Like this

You STILL use their overall record to record SOS, but you count wins over the team at the time they played... just like every sports writer has written about since time began.

Last edited:
You count where they are ranked at the time of the game. I've never... NOT ONCE read a post-game article about a game where the writer says "Alabama beat Georgia (but we'll let you know where they were ranked at the end of the season)".... Gator & I have had this running argument for decades but I realize now (post-election) I was dealing with a demented half-wit the whole time. I could've saved myself a lot of typing...

aka....

Like this
LOL at how stupid Husky is!!!!

aka....

Like this
I agree with this

Reactions: derek_tiger

aka....

Like this

You STILL use their overall record to record SOS, but you count wins over the team at the time they played... just like every sports writer has written about since time began.

I don't have a problem with that, but it doesn't factor into computer based SOS rankings. When calculating SOS retroactively, you take the full body of work of the teams that you played. Does AU get credit for beating #9 VT, while SC only gets credit for beating unranked VT?

FWIW, I don't think there's a big gap between the schedules you guys played. The SOS rankings just really helepd my argument 😁

aka....

Like this

Of course...but when you rank end of season SOS you use the end of season rankings.

When Bama beat #3 FSU in Atlanta a few years ago it was an impressive win at the time and I still believe that it was. However, by the end of the season, that game hurt our SOS.

I don't have a problem with that, but it doesn't factor into computer based SOS rankings. When calculating SOS retroactively, you take the full body of work of the teams that you played. Does AU get credit for beating #9 VT, while SC only gets credit for beating unranked VT?
Unranked VT since it was the 1st game of the 2004 season. Which brings up another good point is 'rankings' shouldn't even start until week 4 or 5... they're all just guesstimates anyway until a number of games have been played and things shake out a bit.

IF this had been the case, Auburn would have probably have been ranked #1 starting week 6 since they beat #5 LSU and #10 UTn. USC only played #7 CAL starting week 6.

Unranked VT since it was the 1st game of the 2004 season. Which brings up another good point is 'rankings' shouldn't even start until week 4 or 5... they're all just guesstimates anyway until a number of games have been played and things shake out a bit.

IF this had been the case, Auburn would have probably have been ranked #1 starting week 6 since they beat #5 LSU and #10 UTn. USC only played #7 CAL starting week 6.

You do realize with your no rankings until week 4 or 5 that you are basically arguing we should see how a team performs, then retroactively go back and see how good the win was. Since we know VT was a very good team that year, why does SC not get credit for beating a good VT team? Simply because they weren't ranked properly at the time?

Sure, we have a *better* idea after a few weeks into the season, but teams can still be massively overrated late in the season. Does Purdue have two of the best wins in all of college football this season because they beat Iowa and Michigan State? Both teams we now know are borderline top 25 type teams? Or did they just happen to play them when they were ranked high and expose them as pretenders?

The only way to retroactively rank SOS is to take into account the full body of work of every team. What they were ranked at the time doesn't calculate into that. I do think it is garbage though that you beat the #10 team, and they drop to #15. I think what they were ranked when you played should factor in to those considerations, i.e. they dropped because you beat them. But if they drop another few games, then it doesn't really matter anymore what they were ranked when you beat them if they just actually suck.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
And then there’s Michigan, unranked to begin the season and enters the PO’s #2, didn’t crack the top 10 until week six with a 5-0 record, granted looking at their schedule their first 25 opponent was #8MSU week 8….and they lost! Not another ranked opponent until week 12, #2 OSU and won big. Got them into the B1G championship game where they blew out an overrated (yes, I can say that 😏) #13 Iowa team. So question begs, how good are they? #2? Guess we’ll find out in a couple of weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT