ADVERTISEMENT

Running the table in Reverse

Herdcyclones

Varsity
Jul 29, 2006
Both Colfax-Mingo's boys and girls teams have not won a game in this year, I think they are 0-16, 0-17 on the year. Any of you esteemed posters recall a high school where both the boys and girls teams have run the table in reverse?

I'm sure it has happened. When there were 700 or more high schools in Iowa, I'm sure it has had to have happened, or when there were fewer games played. But I can't think of a similar sitch.

C-M has some decent players on both boys and girls. Part of the problem is being the only 1A school in the Heart of Iowa Conference, with 5 2As and 4 3A schools. And with double round robin, they only have 3 chances outside of conference to get a W. I think if they were in a conference with like sized schools, both the boys and girls would have eeked out a win by now.

I wondered how they could hang around the middle on BC Moore with a goose egg in the record book. Makes sense. They will be a tough out in districts.

I agree their boys team has some talent and have competed fairly in some of their games. I think the girls' team main problem is depth. I think they only have 8 girls total out in grades 9-12. Hopefully they get more participation in the coming years.

They almost pulled it last year.... Boys were 0-23 and Girls were 1-20. The Tigerhawks are much better suited for the South Iowa Cedar League they are moving to next year. Don't be surprised if the Boys win their opening game against Southeast Warren and give Colo-Nesco all they want in round 2.

Just saw Colo-Nesco today. If Colfax-Mingo wins their first round game and meets up with Colo-Nesco, it may be the closest game ever between a 20-1 team against a 1-21 team. Colo-Nesco is pretty good, but at best they would be a 5th place team in the HOIC that Colfax-Mingo plays in.

Originally posted by Herdcyclones:
Both Colfax-Mingo's boys and girls teams have not won a game in this year, I think they are 0-16, 0-17 on the year. Any of you esteemed posters recall a high school where both the boys and girls teams have run the table in reverse?

I'm sure it has happened. When there were 700 or more high schools in Iowa, I'm sure it has had to have happened, or when there were fewer games played. But I can't think of a similar sitch.
In 2010-11 Tri-County, Thornburg did it. Girls were 0-16 and boys were 0-21.
Last year, Farmington-Harmony did it. Girls were 0-19 and boys were 0-20.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT