ADVERTISEMENT

RichRod v. DeHarsin

All my goober friends are giddy thinking he will be a flop. They might be right too. But haven't we heard the same on an annual basis during the Saban era? Saban lost his touch, one hit wonder, he's going to the Cowboy's, he's going to UT...etc.

I expect a year or two of transition then we will see if he's filling Saban's shoes or not. Transfer portal, staff changes, etc will all have an effect especially in year 1. So enjoy it while you can haters.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
All my goober friends are giddy thinking he will be a flop. They might be right too. But haven't we heard the same on an annual basis during the Saban era? Saban lost his touch, one hit wonder, he's going to the Cowboy's, he's going to UT...etc.

I expect a year or two of transition then we will see if he's filling Saban's shoes or not. Transfer portal, staff changes, etc will all have an effect especially in year 1. So enjoy it while you can haters.

It’s just wishful hoping after almost 2 decades of Saban. I don’t blame them either, it’s been quite the ride since Tuberville held up 6 fingers. Who knows, they may be right, or Bama may still have one of the top coaches in the game.

It’s just wishful hoping after almost 2 decades of Saban. I don’t blame them either, it’s been quite the ride since Tuberville held up 6 fingers. Who knows, they may be right, or Bama may still have one of the top coaches in the game.
Can’t take away what Saban did. It will burn them for a generation just like Bear.

Just like Rich Rod?

Over his nine seasons as a head coach, DeBoer is 104-12 and has led his teams to five national championship appearances winning three of them. He's 1-1 in the CFP and he was 17-2 in the NAIA playoffs.

He has won a national Coach of the Year award six times in his career, including being a three-time NAIA Coach of the Year.

Just like Rich Rod. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: David_Dennison
Just like Rich Rod?

Over his nine seasons as a head coach, DeBoer is 104-12 and has led his teams to five national championship appearances winning three of them. He's 1-1 in the CFP and he was 17-2 in the NAIA playoffs.

He has won a national Coach of the Year award six times in his career, including being a three-time NAIA Coach of the Year.

Just like Rich Rod. 😂
I think it could be a great hire. That said, NAIA experience is basically glorified HS ball, and in some states, the HS ball is better. Hell, Gus has an identical Championship game record in major ball as KDB and got there through a much better conference. His success will be determined by how well he recruits and how quickly he can adapt his offensive philosophy to the speed and size of SEC defenders. If he succeeds in both of those, he'll keep the winning going. If not, he'll be banging a Hardashian in Idaho.

I think it could be a great hire. That said, NAIA experience is basically glorified HS ball, and in some states, the HS ball is better. Hell, Gus has an identical Championship game record in major ball as KDB and got there through a much better conference. His success will be determined by how well he recruits and how quickly he can adapt his offensive philosophy to the speed and size of SEC defenders. If he succeeds in both of those, he'll keep the winning going. If not, he'll be banging a Hardashian in Idaho.

His ability to recruit is the greatest question mark imo. No hire would have come without one.

Will it workout? We'll see...but I can't fault making this hire. And again the point I was making is that the OP was a bit silly. And it is.

His ability to recruit is the greatest question mark imo. No hire would have come without one.

Will it workout? We'll see...but I can't fault making this hire. And again the point I was making is that the OP was a bit silly. And it is.
I get your point. My first sentence attests to that. The problem with following Saban is that there's no middle ground for KDB. And, I think my point about his ability to adapt his offense is every bit as important as recruiting. Penix would've started for bama as would all of their WRs at UW. Michigan was the closest thing he saw to a SEC defense (don't give me any Texas shit here. Their D was shit) and UW got anal raped. If Michigan had a good coach, they'd have won by 50. He should take a long look at Harsin and choose to do the opposite.

I get your point. My first sentence attests to that. The problem with following Saban is that there's no middle ground for KDB. And, I think my point about his ability to adapt his offense is every bit as important as recruiting. Penix would've started for bama as would all of their WRs at UW. Michigan was the closest thing he saw to a SEC defense (don't give me any Texas shit here. Their D was shit) and UW got anal raped. If Michigan had a good coach, they'd have won by 50. He should take a long look at Harsin and choose to do the opposite.

I think there's some middle ground. Every Bammer I know is expecting a 9-3 season with 8-4 at LEAST as likely as 10-2 next season. Are morons expecting something else? Of course...because they're morons.

Several offenses struggled vs Michigan's D including our own and we were pretty used to SEC style defenses.

And UTx had a pretty damn good DL. Their secondary wasn't nearly as good as Michigan's and that was the difference. Damn few SEC teams will have that good of a secondary with that good of a DL. Those that do, KDB will have to make adjustments for.

I think there's some middle ground. Every Bammer I know is expecting a 9-3 season with 8-4 at LEAST as likely as 10-2 next season. Are morons expecting something else? Of course...because they're morons.

Several offenses struggled vs Michigan's D including our own and we were pretty used to SEC style defenses.

And UTx had a pretty damn good DL. Their secondary wasn't nearly as good as Michigan's and that was the difference. Damn few SEC teams will have that good of a secondary with that good of a DL. Those that do, KDB will have to make adjustments for.
Not sold. Michigan was the only Top 20 D he's faced. I won't bother going into his defenses since I'm assuming his hires there will be dictated to him.

Like I said, he could be a great hire. He does seem to be a good coach. On paper, Harsin was, too. KDB better learn the dynamics quickly, or he will be your Harsin.

or Bama may still have one of the top coaches in the game.
Oh I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about. No drop-off at all.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Not sold. Michigan was the only Top 20 D he's faced. I won't bother going into his defenses since I'm assuming his hires there will be dictated to him.

Like I said, he could be a great hire. He does seem to be a good coach. On paper, Harsin was, too. KDB better learn the dynamics quickly, or he will be your Harsin.

Harsin's issues went well beyond football...and that's not even mentioning the interference from certain Auburn boosters. I have very little concern over KDB becoming our Harsin because they both come from the same region.

KDB may well fail at Bama but it won't be because Rich Rod and Harsin failed in their respective careers. That's all I'm saying.

As for the level of competition he played against in the P12, those same guys with that same talent level made up his roster at Washington. He has better talent at Bama today...even after the transfers. The trick for him will be maintaining that level of talent at Bama.

Harsin's issues went well beyond football...and that's not even mentioning the interference from certain Auburn boosters. I have very little concern over KDB becoming our Harsin because they both come from the same region.

KDB may well fail at Bama but it won't be because Rich Rod and Harsin failed in their respective careers. That's all I'm saying.

As for the level of competition he played against in the P12, those same guys with that same talent level made up his roster at Washington. He has better talent at Bama today...even after the transfers. The trick for him will be maintaining that level of talent at Bama.
He does have better talent now, assuming no more roster turnover. I'll counter with most SEC teams have superior talent, particularly on D, than what he saw in the PAC12. Does bama's talent make up for that? Maybe. I think he's a good coach. I stand by my 2 points from earlier, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT