ADVERTISEMENT

Rich get richer....

It is crazy to see what people pay for athletics. I know a guy that paid roughly $15k over several years to try to get his daughter a college athletics scholarship. Was it worth it? No.

Regardless of talent....would I pay a few thousand a year to see my kid on a traveling team? Not a chance. I'll bank the money and put them through college.

It won’t be long before everything is “club or AAU” athletics. Family’s spend thousands of dollars on this stuff. You think they are going to let their kid play high school athletics if they aren’t getting the playing time the parents think they should be getting? Not getting exposure? Look around at other states. High school athletics will eventually be for those kids who can’t make the “ elite” travel teams. All about the money in AAU

Reactions: iowalongs230
It is crazy to see what people pay for athletics. I know a guy that paid roughly $15k over several years to try to get his daughter a college athletics scholarship. Was it worth it? No.

Regardless of talent....would I pay a few thousand a year to see my kid on a traveling team? Not a chance. I'll bank the money and put them through college.

Would you send your Daughter/Son to a camp or clinic?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT