ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Pairings

Well, we'll get to lose to Colo for a third time this year.

In 1A Region 3, I'll go with an AGWSR/Lynnville-Sully final, AGWSR as Regional Champ.

The actual 5A pairings are the dumbest I have seen yet. They have 1 seeds getting tougher first games than the 2 seeds. One seeds are going to be playing teams with double digit wins while some 2 seeds are set to play teams like Linn Mar and Davenport Central that only have 2 wins apiece. It's completely stupid.

The actual 5A pairings are the dumbest I have seen yet. They have 1 seeds getting tougher first games than the 2 seeds. One seeds are going to be playing teams with double digit wins while some 2 seeds are set to play teams like Linn Mar and Davenport Central that only have 2 wins apiece. It's completely stupid.
So......are they gonna lose, or what?

Iowa City Regina girls defeat West Branch tonight for the third time this season, this time in the District Finals ending their season.
Alex Weise with her 1,000th career point in the win.

So.........did these top seeded teams lose?

My calculations for 2A:
1 Treynor vs 8 IKM/West Sioux
4 Cascade vs 5 IC Regina
3 Western vs 6 Grundy Center
2 Panorama vs 7 Dike-NH
(A North Union upset of Western moves 4-7 up 1 spot)

My calculations for 2A:
1 Treynor vs 8 IKM/West Sioux
4 Cascade vs 5 IC Regina
3 Western vs 6 Grundy Center
2 Panorama vs 7 Dike-NH
(A North Union upset of Western moves 4-7 up 1 spot)

That's how I see it too. I think Treynor should advance pretty solidly but the other 3 are tossups.

Regina and Cascade have played each other already. It would be nice to see a different match up, playing new teams is part of the fun of the State Tournament.

Western Christian upset on a crazy shot:

2A looks wide open with 2 heavy weights North Linn and Western out of the mix, both being upset in regionals.

North Union packed the lane and WC shot poorly. Crazy, lucky, miracle, call it what you want, it went in. Even as a WC supporter it was fun to see their kids celebrate like that. Even without the crazy shot at the end, this was a big deal for those kids. I wish them much success in Des Moines.

Reactions: NI hawk and ustabe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT