ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked 1A teams

ADM also lost to Creston 3-0 in the Winterset tourney a couple weeks ago, and a good game this year was Creston vs Denison that Denison pulled out in a PK shootout.

If anybody has any updated records let me know.

1.Cedar Rapids Xavier 6-0

2.Waterloo Columbus Catholic 12-0

3.Norwalk 8-0

4.Bondurany Farrar 5-0

5.Fort Madison 3-1

6.Council Bluffs St. Albert's 5-1

7.Nevada 6-0

8.Glenwood 5-1

9.Perry 4-0

10.Decorah 3-2

Also receiving votes: Denison-Schleswig, Dubuque Wahlert, Gladbrook-Reinbeck, Hudson, IC Regina, Mount Vernon, Spencer

This post was edited on 5/2 8:33 PM by soccer_watcherif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 5/2 8:34 PM by soccer_watcherif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

would LOVE to see Waterloo Columbus Catholic's schedule this year.

i think its odd that norwalk is ranked 3rd behind them after beating a top ranked WDM dowling catholic and has won every other game except for the game against Johnston. they lost 2-1 @ johnston. norwalk has so far swept the LHC.

not that rankings matter... norwalk went into the tourney last year after loosing 5 or so games that season and still was easily the 2nd best team in the state. [of course those losses were to WDM Dowling Catholic, Johnston, CR Xavier, Davenport Assumption, Waukee, and CR Xavier in the finals]

any info on the council bluffs team and the neveda squad?

Pella should be ranked too, we have only lost to Norwalk 1-0 and beaten everyone else including Perry and a good Newton team

St. Albert has two losses on the year both to Nebraska Schools. Their record is 10-2. They have beaten Abraham Lincoln, Lewis Central, and Glenwood. They play in the ADM tourney this weekend. Is it true ADM lost to Creston 3-0. Is Creston that good this year? because last year if i remember correctly they were fairly weak.

Creston is decent. Glenwood beat them 6-1. The score was so drastic because Creston fell apart at the end, the game was 2-1 Glenwood with 7 or so minutes left.

Originally posted by QuincyG:
Pella should be ranked too, we have only lost to Norwalk 1-0 and beaten everyone else including Perry and a good Newton team/images/smilie1.gif
We have a good team, just didn't have the luck we wanted.

ADM held there tourney today and St. Albert won the first game against Knoxville 3-2 it was an ugly game really early in the morning. ADM beat Grinnell 4-1 then beat Knoxville while St Albert beat Grinnell 4-0. St Albert beat ADM 4-0 in the championship.

new rankings are out today, I didn't see too many surprises. Pella at least got a vote for ranking this time!!!

CURRENT BOYS SOCCER RANKINGS

CLASS 1-A
1. Cedar Rapids Xavier 10-0
2. Waterloo Columbus 15-0
3. Norwalk 10-1
4. Council Bluffs St. Albert 13-2
5. Bondurant-Farrar 8-0
6. Fort Madison 7-2
7. Glenwood 8-2
8. Nevada 7-2
9. Spencer 5-1
10. Decorah 8-0

Also receiving votes: Pella, Gladbrook-Reinbeck, Dubuque Wahlert, Iowa
Mennonite School, Solon, Iowa City Regina, Ballard (Huxley).

I dont' see how Mount Vernon hasn't got any votes and both regina and solon both did and MV has beaten them both twice. Yet MV has gotten votes the past two weeks??

How does Decorah first coem out with a 3-2 record and then come out the second time as 8-0? haha Who have they lsot to this season?

Decorah was actually Undefeated until the Waverly Tournament last weekend. There was a mistake in the rankings. They lost the Championship to Spencer in Pk's 5-4 after a 1-1 score through regulation.

Mvqb#10,

I agree with you on your comment about why Solon and Regina are mentioned when Mt. Vernon/Lisbon has beated them twice already. Makes you wonder who is actually doing the ranking. There must be a better process than how the ranking is currently being calculated.

CB S.A Isnt That Good, They Beat CB LC in a shootout when lc had 2 of there starting varsity players take a pk shot. Gess We'll all find out in substate.

ps Cb AL and TJ are not anything special!

How do these rankings work? Spencer is higher than Decorah in the rankings even though their record is stated as 5-1 and Decorah's as 8-0, which i know BOTH are wrong and that Spencer beat Decorah, but that game was played May 5th and the last time Spencer was 5-1 was on April 26th..... Are the records offset on the charts a couple of weeks but still reported to the choaches to vote on or what?

Mt. Vernon deserves to be ranked. They have a very solid team this year. I am pretty sure that they are still undefeated...I may be wrong however. All I know is that they are unbeaten in a good EIHC, and have already clinched the conference title.

So if CBSA isnt very good then LC must be terrible because SA controlled the game even with LCs excuses of people being out who cant pass classes. And it doesn't matter if SA went into a shoot-out a wins a win, and thy'll beat Lc again once they play each other, and SA had people out to

new rankings are a joke (like always). I can name 4 teams off the top of my head on the top 10 that have lost this week. But hardly any change? Pella received votes to be ranked last week, won all 3 games this week, and received no votes this week. what's up with that?

Rankings don't mean anything. Pella has the one of the easiest, if not the easiest roads to state. You guys have a solid record, so if you make it you'll get a high seed too. I wouldn't worry too much about what the coaches think of you.

Yeah, rankings don't mean a thing. You don't go to state because of how high you're ranked, you go by winning games when it counts.

let's just say I know for a fact that Pella got some votes for the final ranking, there was just a misprint in the press release.

I know the rankings don't mean much, I just kinda laughed when I saw it. I'm glad to hear at least that we did receive votes though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT