ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinals: WB and Regina

WBBearsFollower

Freshman
Aug 20, 2013
CID and Pine

You want it, you got it.

Let's go. Hopefully we can meet up and say hello. For the 100th time, the offer is open to you

Regals are big underdogs, heading to the #2 RPI team in 1A.
Nothing to lose, should be a good one. We’ll see if they can pull off the upset.

Reactions: WBBearsFollower
WB is ranked top 5 and #2 RPI in 1A correct?
And, you didn’t think Regina would get past Mediapolis?
Yet, even money?

The greatest rivalry in all of sports: Ragina @ West Brunch

2 teams that are too close geographically to be in the same district!
2 teams that are too scared of each other to play in nondistrict!
2 teams with elite iowa prep forum posters!

Let the fireworks begin.

The greatest rivalry in all of sports: Ragina @ West Brunch

2 teams that are too close geographically to be in the same district!
2 teams that are too scared of each other to play in nondistrict!
2 teams with elite iowa prep forum posters!

Let the fireworks begin.

Pine, you and WB are elite!! Good work.
Should be a great environment and a great place to watch a game. WB how do I recognize you at Herbs? Can’t say ‘in the WB gear’
I would like to meet Pine as well, think they know me but I don’t know who they are.

Any chance WB will stream this game? I don’t think they did for first round but would love to be able to keep an eye on it.

Regina beat Williamsburg by 7, West Branch beat Williamsburg by 6, not sure that this matters at all, but it's the only common opponent.

Regina beat Williamsburg by 7, West Branch beat Williamsburg by 6, not sure that this matters at all, but it's the only common opponent.

WB gave up just 100 yards of total offense in that game. Most of it in final 5m.

Gave up 3 TD on special teams...been much better since.

Have to play a three phase game to win

Wetjen, Williamsburg’s best player wasn’t playing running back in the game. They had him at WR. They moved him to RB in the Regina game to get him more touches, and haven’t looked back since.
Check the stats. He was probably the best RB I saw this season and WB caught a break playing Williamsburg early.

Wetjen, Williamsburg’s best player wasn’t playing running back in the game. They had him at WR. They moved him to RB in the Regina game to get him more touches, and haven’t looked back since.
Check the stats. He was probably the best RB I saw this season and WB caught a break playing Williamsburg early.

He had over 1/2 of his carries in 2 games. Odd statistical breakdown for him.

Solid player. Solid person as well.

Anyone have a score prediction for the game?
I'll stick my neck out - I'm going to predict Regina 24 WB 21. I consider this close to an even money game. I think WB is a slight favorite, so I'm calling the upset.

I'll stick my neck out - I'm going to predict Regina 24 WB 21. I consider this close to an even money game. I think WB is a slight favorite, so I'm calling the upset.
Oh, and I did some stat crunching, yeah Regina has had a little more passing success, WB has had a little more rushing success, INTs and Fumble recovery, not statistically different...but Tackles for loss...Regina averaging 0.9/game WB 5.3 ! Now none of that really matters, since these two lines have never faced each other, but there's a battle to watch.

Let's break it down a bit and see what people think...

Coaching: Regina (tons of playoff experience and the Championships to back that up)
Venue: West Branch (home game and there will be a big crowd)
Offense: Regina (More and better offensive weapons)
*QB: Regina (2000+ yards passing, 20+ TD passes)
*WR: Regina (1100+ yard receiver with 14 TD catches and another 500+ yard receiver)
*RB: West Branch (Lukavsky is tough).
Defense: West Branch (Better defensive numbers, their strength this season)
Special Teams: Regina (could be the difference)
*Kickoffs: Regina (one of the best in Dunn, 34 touchbacks in 61 kickoffs, limits returns)
*FG's: Regina (Dunn with more range, 8/9 this season, has the longest FG in 1A this season, 38 yards against Mediapolis).

*FG's: Regina (Dunn with more range, 8/9 this season, has the longest FG in 1A this season, 38 yards against Mediapolis).

Not saying you're wrong, but what are you basing the "more range" statement off of? WB's kicker has not missed a field goal (7/7) and has multiple makes of 25+ that would be good from 40+.

Not saying you're wrong, but what are you basing the "more range" statement off of? WB's kicker has not missed a field goal (7/7) and has multiple makes of 25+ that would be good from 40+.

Well one obvious thing which indicates 'more range' and leg strength would be the 34 touchbacks in 61 kickoffs for Dunn, versus the 0 touchbacks in 49 kickoffs for Fiderlein.
Won't see a bigger disparity than that this Friday night.
That means Regina is going to get to return a kickoff every single time. And, West Branch had trouble with that this season, giving up at least 3 returns for TD's I believe. If the stats hold true, WB might get a chance to return a kickoff about half of the time, otherwise they start from the 20.

Both can make FG's well. But, if it comes down to a 35+ yard FG, there is an advantage for Regina.

Reactions: gdkid2010

Coaching: Regina (tons of playoff experience and the Championships to back that up)
Venue: West Branch (home game and there will be a big crowd)
Offense: Regina (More and better offensive weapons)
*QB: Regina (2000+ yards passing, 20+ TD passes)
*WR: Regina (1100+ yard receiver with 14 TD catches and another 500+ yard receiver)
*RB: West Branch (Lukavsky is tough).
Defense: West Branch (Better defensive numbers, their strength this season)
Special Teams: Regina (could be the difference)
*Kickoffs: Regina (one of the best in Dunn, 34 touchbacks in 61 kickoffs, limits returns)

Pretty much nailed this, if I don’t say so myself.

Special teams were big in this game.
We heard WB had cleaned up their special teams problems, but they gave up a huge TD kickoff return on the first play of the game.
Then Dunn punts, and sticks WB at their own 2, which turned into a big safety for the Regals.
Dunn added two field goals, including the final one which put the nail in the coffin with under a minute to go.
I expected the WB defense to be better. Regina was able to run all over them which hadn’t been a strength this season.
Big win on the road for the Regals over the #2 RPI team in 1A, earning another trip to State while handing rival West Branch their first loss of the season.

Just want to say thank you for everybody picking up the activity on the board while I abstained from commenting. Great job picking up the slack. FYI WB I got my picture taken with Butch tonight at Herb and Lou’s. Didn’t see anyone stepping up to say ‘is CID here?’
Sad that I missed meeting you.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Congrats Regina and fans. Good luck in the Dome. Always good to see the team you were eliminated by continue to advance especially after a close game. The two teams I wanted to play this year were Regina and WB, almost got my wish.

Congrats to WB on an outstanding season.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Just want to say thank you for everybody picking up the activity on the board while I abstained from commenting. Great job picking up the slack. FYI WB I got my picture taken with Butch tonight at Herb and Lou’s. Didn’t see anyone stepping up to say ‘is CID here?’
Sad that I missed meeting you.
I’m calling your bluff. I was at Herb’s...didn’t see anyone taking pictures with Butch. In fact, I believe when asked how many personal fouls WB had tonight, the few Regina folks there were pretty quiet. So, let’s see a screenshot of this so-called photo?

I’m calling your bluff. I was at Herb’s...didn’t see anyone taking pictures with Butch. In fact, I believe when asked how many personal fouls WB had tonight, the few Regina folks there were pretty quiet. So, let’s see a screenshot of this so-called photo?

You must have been in the front room by the Regina families and where Butch ended up sitting with the table by the front window and wall.

Is this Butch? Why yes it is. Shocking, I know, heck I even had a conversation. Call my bluff all you want. Where were you at jackwagon?

Jackwagon, huh? Keep it classy...still waiting on that screenshot photo...

Working on my tech skills to get it done. Jackwagons is probably better than some on this board deserve. Tip of the cap to Blameit for his approach. He is always a good poster.

45f3f6b4-78c2-4644-8759-fb57d1e31eaf

Reactions: Charles86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT