ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Waverly-Shell Rock offensive tackle Caleb Siech

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How do you feel you were able to perform as a whole this season?
“I've been doing pretty good this season. I've picked up a lot of techniques from the coaches at W-SR and my dad that are going to benefit me as I move on to the next level.”
‪‬‬‬
Have you been pleased with how you have performed during the course of your senior year?
“My junior year I was a pretty "raw" player. I was a really tough, hard nose player but my technique wasn't there. And during my senior year, I feel like I have become more of a well-rounded player while retaining the physicality from last year.”
‪‬‬‬
In comparison to your peers and other football players what has set you apart and allowed you a chance to play at the Division I level?
“I would say the most obvious one would be size, but other than that, I feel like my attitude and work ethic. I always come to practice and try to be positive. I also try to be the first to lifts and training. The summer was huge for me gaining strength and technique. After our morning lifts, I was able to work out with Chad Reinhardt who is also our strength coach. I always tried to find a way to do more than what was required, and I feel like that was a major reason that I'm in the position that I am today.”
‪‬‬‬
Where do you feel that motivation to do extra comes from? And how long do you feel you have had that push with workouts?
“I pull inspiration from many different parts in my life, one of which is my grandpa. He has always motivated me to be more than just average. I also get inspiration from my family. My dad and brother always push me because they know I can do extra. The main place I get inspiration though is just from inside me. I just feel that I have to do more than just the minimum and I have to at least try to be the best. I’d say it kind of hit me the summer after my sophomore year. I realized that I had the potential to do great things and the people around me have helped me to utilize my size and become a better player overall.”
‪‬
On your college decision, why did you pick Miami of Ohio?
“I just felt it when I first visited the place, they cut straight to the point with their recruitment of me. They told me what they liked and what I could work on. I also like the fact that the staff is relatively new to the program.”

How often do you garner attention from other program and do these schools know you are committed?
“Most of the schools that were recruiting me have respected my choice, but some are still trying to get me to come to games. For the most part, no new schools have contacted me.”
‪‬‬‬
Are you considering taking any other trips?
“No. Unless something happens with Miami, I will not be taking anymore visits to other schools.”
‪‬‬‬
How important were their coaches in your decision?
“Extremely important. The coaches were a major choice in my decision because I wanted a staff that would help me to become the best player I can be. I also wanted a position coach who I could relate to and have the same mindset as. I feel that Barnett and I have the same mindset.”
‪‬‬‬
How do you feel about their recruiting class so far?
“I love the guys that are going to be coming in. They all are hard workers with great attitudes and personalities. We have the 71st ranked recruiting class in the country and 2nd in the MAC.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News