ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Waukon middle linebacker Graine Curtin

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“This off season I have been in the weight room 4 times a week in the morning to do team lifts. Usually after lifting every day I’ll spend around a half hour with one of our coaches working on LB drills like hand work for getting off blocks or reading my offensive keys. Besides that, our team gets together on Sunday nights to get in practice. Skill players do 7 on 7 and linemen have separate drills.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“I believe my biggest improvement this off season was improving my tackling form and making sure I’m not missing any tackles I shouldn’t be. I have also improved my weight and strength from being consistent in the weight room and eating right.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“This year I believe that we will have a good team and hopefully make a deep run in the playoffs. We have almost everyone on the team returning, only losing 3 seniors on both the offensive and defensive side.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“The toughest competition that we will face this year I believe will be either NFV or Osage. In years past NFV always played well against us but Osage has the best athletes returning.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest individual player we will play is Quinn Street from Osage. He's a fast kid so we’ll need to contain him before he gets to open space.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would love to play football in college, it has been my dream since I was a kid.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have been recruited so far by St. Thomas, Winona State, Upper Iowa, Sioux Falls, University of Jamestown, Grand View and quite a few D3 schools.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“St. Thomas has been the school that has recruited me the hardest. They’ve reached out multiple times and I also have been on campus twice. I also had good conversations with their LB coach.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have been to St. Thomas, Winona State, and Grand View for Junior day visits. I also received invites from Upper Iowa and Sioux Falls but wasn’t able to make them.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“As of now I do not have any more planned trips but hopefully I’ll have some more soon.”

Have you done any camps this off-season? How do you feel you performed?
“I’ve been to 3 camps this summer, those being University of Iowa, UNI and St. Thomas. I believe I performed decently but not to my full capability for all of the camps.”

Do you have any plans for camps ahead?
“I have plans to compete at the Winona State camp July 26 and the Upper Iowa camp July 19th. Hopefully at this camp I will be able to compete at my full capability.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I’ve always been a big Iowa fan and always watched their games growing up and the second favorite team was always the UNI Panthers.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.