ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Northeast Gooselake athlete Luke Empen (On basketball, a favorite sport, MORE)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How are the basketball practices been going so far?
"They have been going great. Our coaches have really been coaching us hard. We have great competition at practice with the newcomers. We are executing and running. Everything looks great."

What are your thoughts on Monticello?
"They have been a rival for us for a couple of years but they lost a lot of great guys and good talent. We think our chances are pretty good but we'll respect them and do what we can with them."

What are the keys for your team to be successful?
"Running definitely. Our team chemistry has gotten really strong so it is just us playing as a team. I think we'll do good at that."

What is the toughest game on your schedule?
"Camanche. They are a very good matchup with us. They are really close so we know them and they know us. It will be a big game and one that will be fun to play in."

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“For basketball it has been Briar Cliff and Augustana right now. For football, I am talking to Northwest Missouri State.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I did go on an unofficial visit to Northwest Missouri State for football. It was really nice. They have a great football program. They have a lot of fun.”

Do you have a favorite sport?
“No, I am going with whatever I can get right now.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Probably Briar Cliff.”

Do you have any upcoming visits?
“Briar Cliff did ask me to check out one of their home games soon.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News