ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Dubuque Hempstead guard Lucas Duax (On Iowa City West, Recruiting, MORE)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How do you feel your team will do this winter on the basketball court?
“We should do a lot better than last year. We return a lot of people and I think it is six of our top seven scorers. We have a lot of experience going into it.”

What are the keys to a victory during the season?
“I think offensively we have to space the floor and be ready to have a big year. Defensively, we are used to the flow of the game with our experience from last year. We want to be more calm and control things at the end of the game.”

What are your goals for this winter?
“First and foremost, we want to make the state tournament. That is definitely up there and we want to win our side of the conference.”

What do you know about your next opponent in Iowa City West?
“We know that they return both McCafferys and Devontae Lane. They are three very good players. They are always good competition.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Upper Iowa has been interest and Platteville has been too. Those are the main ones.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I went to both colleges over the fall. They had great campuses. I met all the coaches and came away impressed. I went to a game of each and they were both fun.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“With Robert (Duax) at Platteville, I go to most of their games and usually talk to their coaches more. Maybe it is Platteville but there is not a huge difference.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News