ADVERTISEMENT

Postseason Awards

Bringit10

Gold Member
May 19, 2014
While I think postseason awards are great for recognizing the hard work players put in, I just wish they'd provide the award/honor for a position the player played. Just my opinion, but playing a position for 5 or 6 games throughout the season shouldn't qualify you for an award/honor at that position. If it's a position (non-pitching) award, why not set a 50% criteria.

While I think postseason awards are great for recognizing the hard work players put in, I just wish they'd provide the award/honor for a position the player played. Just my opinion, but playing a position for 5 or 6 games throughout the season shouldn't qualify you for an award/honor at that position. If it's a position (non-pitching) award, why not set a 50% criteria.

I think it depends on the circumstance. There was a player on my son's team that played every infield position because he was the most versatile player and covered whatever position needed to be covered because of who was pitching (he did pitch also). He likely would have been the starter at any of the positions and led the team in hitting also. He would not have played any one position 50% of the time.

Post season awards are getting to be a joke. More deserving underclassmen getting left out because a player is a senior is quite common. Utility is just that, not someone who played 1 position all year. Seems to be Utility is awarded as a consolation prize.

Post season awards are a joke for a multitude of reasons, do away with it all together, this is coming from a dad who's son was on most post season awards list.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT