ADVERTISEMENT

Pods

Well, I don't need to troll as hard to catch you on the hook. Pine, on the other hand, has embraced the dark side, and doesn't try to act as a defender of the morally righteous when he knows that's not what he's truly defending........ :cool:

Oh and one more thing, before I take my leave. It's not that I want what you have (I don't)..............it's just bad for business. That's all. ;)

Take your leave? So soon? Checking to see what exactly is bad for business. Without a team to hate people wouldn’t post. I do enjoy the interactions.

Btw, Pine and CID, what are your thoughts on the announcement? Not a surprise but thought his timing was odd. Why not do it before the title game if they make it that far.

First off, calling traditional small class Iowa powers who are heavy run teams a "gimmick" is laughable. Saying they can't beat good teams when running teams have Title after Title after Title.

Secondly, I also missed the announcement. Please share.

I know the stats this year are construed by probably COVID and who knows if all teams have entered their stats, but in Class A the top 10 rushing teams are still playing Friday with 9 of the 10 hosting.

7 of these teams avg less than 8 passes/ game. I have a big hunch that many of these teams will make some hay deep into the playoffs.

There are plenty of Regina posts on this forum/page, this doesn't need to be another one. How about posting about the pods like the title suggests.
Projections?
Upsets?
Next round match-ups?

Reactions: DawgPoundGreat
That is a brand new position. Not replacing anyone. There is currently an elementary principal, and a high school principal.
This position would coordinate both of those, while overseeing operations, fundraising, etc. I believe.

It's pretty obvious that the state laid out the pods in a bracket format. #1 seeds are in pods 4,8,12, & 16. #2 seeds are in #1,5,9, & 13. and so on. So barring any huge upsets, Winners of pods 1-4 will be NW Quadrant, 5-8 is NE Quad, 9-12 SE Quad, 13-16 is SW Quad. Here's a link that shows Varsity Bound is already accounting for that scenario. South Bracket North Bracket. The boys in Boone could always throw that away, but it's at least what's in the programming right now.

Over in the 2A forum they have a running picks contest. Its a bit late for that here, but who do y'all see advancing to the 3rd round? I'm not knowledgeable enough about South Iowa to pick for that region.

CLASS A:
Gehlen Catholic at Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn
Ridge View at South O'Brien
Riverside
at Lawton-Bronson
Madrid at West Hancock
Lake Mills at South Winn
Newman Catholic at Wapsie Valley
West Fork at Saint Ansgar
Clayton Ridge
at Edgewood-Colesburg
Alburnett at Belle Plaine
East Buchanan at MFL MarMac
Maquoketa Valley at Lisbon
Wapello at Regina
Ogden at Grundy Center
Nodaway Valley
at Earlham
Woodbury Central at St. Albert
IKM-Manning at Logan-Magnolia

Reactions: IGo42
CLASS A:
Riverside
at Lawton-Bronson
Madrid at West Hancock
Lake Mills at South Winn
Clayton Ridge
at Edgewood-Colesburg
Wapello at Regina
Ogden at Grundy Center
Nodaway Valley
at Earlham
Clayton Ridge over Edgewood-Colesburg??? why?

I'd agree that Clayton Ridge is playing really well the second half of the season, but word on the street is that Clayton Ridge has a few key players quarantined along with their coach. Could be rumors but that's what I heard yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

I do think a fully healthy CR team would play EdCo much tougher than they did week #1. It was a blowout week #1 by a score of 47-6 I believe.

I'd agree that Clayton Ridge is playing really well the second half of the season, but word on the street is that Clayton Ridge has a few key players quarantined along with their coach. Could be rumors but that's what I heard yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

I do think a fully healthy CR team would play EdCo much tougher than they did week #1. It was a blowout week #1 by a score of 47-6 I believe.
I believe Clayton Ridge just cancelled if my sources are correct.

Just thought Clayton Ridge was playing really good football right now, if that's true that they cancelled then that's sucks for them but also for the team they just beat.

Just thought Clayton Ridge was playing really good football right now, if that's true that they cancelled then that's sucks for them but also for the team they just beat.

If their school had required masks, they'd likely be playing instead of having to cancel.
Unfortunate for everyone.

Riverside
at Lawton-Bronson
Madrid at West Hancock
Lake Mills at South Winn
Clayton Ridge at Edgewood-Colesburg
Wapello at Regina
Ogden at Grundy Center
Nodaway Valley at Earlham

Rainy/cold weather may play a major factor!

The law of averages would suggest there will likely be a couple of "upsets". Maybe like a Lake Mills beating a SW or an Alburnett beating Belle Plaine? I don't really consider a 5-3 team beating a 7-1 team a big upset. Now if an Ogden beats Grundy, a Madrid beats W. Hancock, or a Wapello beats a Regina then that's an upset.

The law of averages would suggest there will likely be a couple of "upsets". Maybe like a Lake Mills beating a SW or an Alburnett beating Belle Plaine? I don't really consider a 5-3 team beating a 7-1 team a big upset. Now if an Ogden beats Grundy, a Madrid beats W. Hancock, or a Wapello beats a Regina then that's an upset.

Could be interesting... Earlham with their offense I could see them exiting this round

Riverside
at Lawton-Bronson
Madrid at West Hancock
Lake Mills at South Winn
Clayton Ridge at Edgewood-Colesburg
Wapello at Regina
Ogden at Grundy Center
Nodaway Valley at Earlham

Rainy/cold weather may play a major factor!
With these teams you have predicted to win, how do you think the next pods will shape out then?

Lake mills is better than their 5-3 record would indicate. 2 of those losses were by 4 points. One to a decent 1a team and the other to St. Ansgar who needed a fortunate fumble and big plays in the 4th quarter to come back. The other loss was to newman with their best player, who leads the class in tackles, sitting out. I would not be surprised to see them win Friday.

Clayton Ridge has officially cancelled due to COVID. They had been playing better since they placed their head coach on administrative leave almost a month ago. Still wouldn't have beaten Ed-Co though.

Pod A
Lisbon @ Grundy Center
Wapsie @ MFL MarMac

Pod B
Earlham @ Logan-Magnolia
St. Albert @ Riverside

Pod C
Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn @ Saint Ansgar
South O'Brien @ West Hancock

Pod D
Belle Plaine @ Regina
South Winn @ Ed-Co

Pod C would be a killer though! Both Saint Ansgar and West Hancock are good enough they should both be at the dome. Shortened season makes it tough. I think 4 dome teams are:
1. Grundy Center
2. Regina
3. Logan Magnolia
4. Saint Ansgar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT