14. Bishop Heelan, Sioux City 7-2 .6221
15. Norwalk 6-3 .5801
18. Carroll 6-3 .5451

Complete RPI

Class 3A Brackets
First Round: Friday, October 26

Quarterfinals: Friday, November 2

Bracket A

Bishop Heelan, S.C. (7-2) at Sergeant Bluff-Luton (8-1)

Spencer (7-2) at Norwalk (6-3)

Bracket B

Carroll (6-3) at Lewis Central (9-0)

Harlan (7-2) at Oskaloosa (8-1)

Bracket C

Pella (8-1) at Xavier, Cedar Rapids (9-0)

Clear Creek-Amana (8-1) at Decorah (7-2)

Bracket D

Epworth, Western Dubuque (7-2) at Solon (9-0)

Waverly-Shell Rock (8-1) at North Scott (8-1)

Class 3A Brackets
First Round: Friday, October 26

Quarterfinals: Friday, November 2

Bracket A

Bishop Heelan, S.C. (7-2) at Sergeant Bluff-Luton (8-1)

Spencer (7-2) at Norwalk (6-3)

Bracket B

Carroll (6-3) at Lewis Central (9-0)

Harlan (7-2) at Oskaloosa (8-1)

Bracket C

Pella (8-1) at Xavier, Cedar Rapids (9-0)

Clear Creek-Amana (8-1) at Decorah (7-2)

Bracket D

Epworth, Western Dubuque (7-2) at Solon (9-0)

Waverly-Shell Rock (8-1) at North Scott (8-1)
[/QUOTE]
Lewis Central over North Scott it is!

I completely spaced out the fact that with the loss to Spencer, Heelan was no longer the D-1 runner up, and the state was okay with a district rematch between the champion and the third place team. So, yeah ... didn't see that coming because I couldn't expand my brain power at 11:50 pm. :D

In that light, Heelan-SBL makes sense, which leads naturally to Carroll-Lewis Central, Spencer-Norwalk, and Harlan-Oskaloosa. The other side of the bracket makes sense, mostly - WSR to North Scott is a pretty long haul, but seeding wise that fits better (North Scott should face a tougher RPI opponent than either Xavier or Solon).

Look at those east-side brackets, though ... nobody has lost more than two games, and six of the eight have lost one or none. Yowzah. Whoever comes out of there to the Dome is going to be tested.

Last edited:
Reactions: obfuscating
And while it's not exactly correct to say SBL is set up to stroll into the Dome, they are set up to play two teams they've already beat - Heelan by two touchdowns and Spencer by 4 points. I mean, likewise you have Lewis Central maybe having to get past a Harlan team they thumped earlier in the year, so you can see the paths for SBL and LC to get to the Dome.

North Scott will have their hands full with WSR, and if they get past that, Solon (at Solon) is a tough matchup to call. I think Western Dubuque will give Solon a game, but I expect the Spartans to win that one. Xavier and Pella is no gimme (although Xavier is, I think, far better than they were last year) ... and while Xavier did beat Decorah earlier this year, the Vikings were the only team to lead the Saints (3-0 in the first quarter). CCA looks like a pretty dangerous team, although North Scott schooled them, so I don't know exactly where they fit in the "who's best" list.

And while it's not exactly correct to say SBL is set up to stroll into the Dome, they are set up to play two teams they've already beat - Heelan by two touchdowns and Spencer by 4 points. I mean, likewise you have Lewis Central maybe having to get past a Harlan team they thumped earlier in the year, so you can see the paths for SBL and LC to get to the Dome.

North Scott will have their hands full with WSR, and if they get past that, Solon (at Solon) is a tough matchup to call. I think Western Dubuque will give Solon a game, but I expect the Spartans to win that one. Xavier and Pella is no gimme (although Xavier is, I think, far better than they were last year) ... and while Xavier did beat Decorah earlier this year, the Vikings were the only team to lead the Saints (3-0 in the first quarter). CCA looks like a pretty dangerous team, although North Scott schooled them, so I don't know exactly where they fit in the "who's best" list.
So would these brackets set up east and west semis and championship?

October/November Madness time! Fill out those brackets.

SBL vs Heelan - watch for an upset there. Heelan has nothing to lose, SBL has everything to lose. For all the "pride" that Heelan carries and after losing to SBL and getting man handled by Spencer... They should be very focused this week. Still waiting to see if they "open up the playbook and start beating people down", as promised earlier in the year.

What a great time of year!

hate the way boone does the brakets....why not have the teams for one disrict play teams from the other, and avoid rematches until the after the winners in each bracket. i quess rematches might be tough to avoid...but at least the other distrcit. , thumbs down boone.....teams would play teams in the same district until the district

October/November Madness time! Fill out those brackets.

SBL vs Heelan - watch for an upset there. Heelan has nothing to lose, SBL has everything to lose. For all the "pride" that Heelan carries and after losing to SBL and getting man handled by Spencer... They should be very focused this week. Still waiting to see if they "open up the playbook and start beating people down", as promised earlier in the year.

What a great time of year!
After traveling to Spencer and watching the Crusaders did get man handled by the Tigers not sure SB should be on upset alert. Closing the play book would be a better idea throwing way to much and giving up big plays on defense over and over. Throw in terrible special teams and you get man handled. Like the nice Spencer fan I was sitting by said thought you guys were good and we weren’t this good. Crusaders need to start playing like they did earlier this season.

Reactions: Iowasportsnut
hate the way boone does the brakets....why not have the teams for one disrict play teams from the other, and avoid rematches until the after the winners in each bracket. i quess rematches might be tough to avoid...but at least the other distrcit. , thumbs down boone.....teams would play teams in the same district until the district
The boys in Boone would screw up a "good" dream and as usual they don't have a clue at times about pairings/brackets. However in their defense I do give them props for at least trying something different this year with the RPI..It appears to get the more deserving teams in the playoffs.

The boys in Boone would screw up a "good" dream and as usual they don't have a clue at times about pairings/brackets. However in their defense I do give them props for at least trying something different this year with the RPI..It appears to get the more deserving teams in the playoffs.

I'd agree with you - and - I still contend that they should have never let District winners in (that was part of the "old" system). They should have stuck with their original idea of "the TOP 16 teams". The District winner - is a has been of their old system. No matter that some district winners were in "crap" districts to give them a "participation award". If they wanted to go with a new "RPI" system, do it by the books and just make it for the top 16 "RPI" rated teams. OK, now go ahead and give me crap - it's my free speech - your turn.

Last edited:
Reactions: franky1967
I'd agree with you - and - I still contend that they should have never let District winners in (that was part of the "old" system). They should have stuck with their original idea of "the TOP 16 teams". The District winner - is a has been of their old system. No matter that some district winners were in "crap" districts to give them a "participation award". If they wanted to go with a new "RPI" system, do it by the books and just make it for the top 16 "RPI" rated teams. OK, now go ahead and give me crap - it's my free speech - your turn.
No crap to give...you expressed your opinion....just one question based on your opinion. If one was to follow your idea it obviously would mean there is no reason for having districts. So how would the scheduling work? Actually who would do the scheduling? The State or schools themselves. No system is ever going to be perfect. This is one of those cases were Boone is more right than wrong for a change.

I would agree that SBL and Lewis Central have to both be pretty happy with the draws. Both will be heavy favorites to get to the dome. If Spencer and SBL get to second round then that should be a good rematch. From appearances that was a close, competitive game first time around.

The eastern brackets are tough. I think Solon and North Scott would be the prohibitive favorites to meet in the second round. In bracket C, I like Decorah and Xavier to get through. Interestingly, if Pella did upset Xavier and Decorah wins then Pella would have to travel the 4 hours or so to play at Decorah. Times have changed with the IHSAA. That never would have even had the chance to happen just a few short years ago.

Tough draw for Pella. I'm sure nobody wants to play LC or Xavier in the first round. As Kid has mentioned, Xavier is probably better this year then last year and they are the defending state champions. While Pella has an excellent team this year and is extremely explosive offensively, it will be a tall task to win this Friday. I do look forward to seeing how they do against Xavier's stout defense. Pella can pass the ball really well and that is the recipe that beat Xavier 2 years ago. Last year Pella didn't pass the ball as well and that hurt in the championship game. Gustafson has had another year of development and throws a nice ball. But, don't know if Pella can even slow down Xavier enough to stay in it anyway. Hopefully it will be an entertaining game. Xavier is still the team to beat in my book. They are the defending champs, are better this year than last, and have not even been challenged yet this year. It will be a shame if LC and Xavier both make the dome and have to play in semi's instead of the final. Would be a finals worthy game.

Why would it be a shame if LC and Xavier play in the semi's? If Xavier truly is the best team in the state, which I don't believe they are, they should want to beat anyone in their path on their way to a championship. It would be a great game. Doesn't matter if it's first round, semi's or the championship. Winners want to play anybody, anywhere, anytime. If they are better than LC, they should want to play them as soon as possible. You should want to embarrass an oponnent like LC. I think Xavier is scared to play LC, or at least their fans are.

North Scott is tough team. They're 4a tested and ready/hungry to win at the 3a level. Same can be said for LC. The north (bracket A) is the mystery, I like the smash mouth tough Spencer team. Heelan and SBL may very well be beat by a tough Spencer team. Is Xavier truly tough and tested... Their defense is good, but are they tough? I'm not convinced. I'd like to see Xavier come out of their bracket. I'd like to see them live up to the hype.

Big question, will SBL come through and deliver? They can be made one demensional very quickly. Take away they're running back and their exposed.

Interesting thoughts sports nut. I am speaking as a fan that if they match up then they sure might be the best two teams in the state and I would like to see that in the finals. I don't even have a dog in that fight and I'm saying that. Of course they will want to beat anyone in their path. I don't like it when we see one semifinal game that clearly has the two best teams while the other semifinal has opponents that aren't as strong. That's just me as a fan and football lover.

Also, the whole point of this is so that two top teams, hopefully, don't have to meet up early in the playoffs, so not sure about your point that you should want to play one of the best teams you might face early in the playoffs. Not sure of the benefit of that for anyone, just my opinion.

I have no idea why I am defending Xavier as I am a Pella fan, but you can't be serious to think that they are "scared" to meet Lewis Central? Xavier plays almost all 4A schools in every other sport, and they not only competed in the big class in football until a few years ago, they won a 4A championship and made the 4A championship game the year before moving to 3A. I had to sit through watching them throttle Pella in the championship game last year and it was impressive. Believe me, I'm not a closet Xavier fan. Pella and Xavier have developed a nice little rivalry over the last few years. Xavier and Lewis Central have killed everyone they've played this year. All I'm saying is that I think it could be an epic game if it happens.

How interesting that Harlan isn't even in the conversation this year. Well, I would agree that Xavier -LC is the one people want to see. The one small problem is they both have to get there. I have seen LC, Harlan, SBL, Glenwood, and SCH play this year and the reality is LC really hasn't been tested. What does this mean if it's tight going into the later stages of a playoff game? On the other hand they(LC) have also played at a very high level and not blinked, in fact they went into Valley last year and punched them in the mouth. Council Bluffs is a hard scrabble, blue collar- kinda town. I have heard Xavier is physical, but if they match up with LC they won't be short changed.

No crap to give...you expressed your opinion....just one question based on your opinion. If one was to follow your idea it obviously would mean there is no reason for having districts. So how would the scheduling work? Actually who would do the scheduling? The State or schools themselves. No system is ever going to be perfect. This is one of those cases were Boone is more right than wrong for a change.
=============================================
"If one was to follow your idea it obviously would mean there is no reason for having districts. So how would the scheduling work? Actually who would do the scheduling? " ==========================================
Why not have districts? Keep them just like the Boone boys have them set up - "however" - just because a team is a district champion, should not be a reason to give them a pat on the back entry into the STATE Playoffs. That's like saying : 3rd grade teacher asks her students what their fathers do for a living. Johnny said: my dad is a doctor, he heals people. Billy said: my dad is a lawyer, he helps people in trouble. Franky said: my dad owns a gas station, he keeps people's cars running. Patrick said: my dad is a male stripper, he takes his clothes off for money. Well - - - the teacher said: class everyone go outside for recess - except you Patrick, I'd like to talk with you. The kids all went outside, and teacher asks Patrick - is your father really a male stripper, Patrick? Patrick said: no teacher, but if I told the truth all the kids would laugh at me. Why on earth would they laugh, who is your father and what does he do? Well, my dad is Bo Pelini and he's the Nebraska head football coach.

==

You see, just because you're Bo Pelini's kid, you're not going to get into the State Football Playoffs - - - likewise, if the Boone boys want the "BEST 16 teams in the Iowa State Playoffs, just because you're a district champion, you should not get into the State Playoffs if you're rated the "25th" best team. If "RPI" is (like most all of you say it is, and I agree it's kind of ok) so much better than the "previous" method, than don't let Bo Pelini's kid, Patrick get an automatic pass to the big party - just because he was a district champion (who incidentally played tougher teams the first 4 games) and was not in the "top 16 teams" - I'll stick with my thought on top 16 - if that's what the Boone Boys really seriously wanted - and not to just let Patrick Pelini get an invite to the party.

If you don't let a district champ in and go solely by RPI, then Boone really would decide who goes to the Dome. Boone puts you in a district. You don't pick that competition, therefore, you really don't totally control your own RPI. The district champ has to matter a little bit. Boone could put a good team in a really crappy district. You lose one non district game and you could be out. Nothing is perfect but this is better. Nobody in this forum has anyone outside the top five RPI going to the dome anyway.

Hmmm, OK, so - - - you're in favor of Patrick getting the "participation trophy" instead of better quality teams, ok. If the state hadn't said that they wanted the best 16 teams, and instead would have said: We're going to keep districts (I'm in favor of this) - and (let the state keep making up districts and first 4 non-district games - by the way, Duggan - head coach at CBLC said he asked the state to give him 2 Des Moines 4-A area teams and Heelan but they told him "NO". He didn't tell me why they told him no, he just said that he asked and was told no. Anyhow, the state should have said: We're changing from the "old" playoff system to "part" of the new RPI system, by "letting" each district champion in - to keep part of the "old" system, and then - then, the next 7 best RPI rated teams in to the dance so teams wouldn't pout because they didn't get a participation trophy - would you have all said: YES YES YES, this is so much better than the old system? Hmmmm. OK, here is some food for thought for those of you who still believe in "let the kids have a participation trophy because they won their (part of the old playoff system) district". Here (not my words, but still meaningful) =
There was a time when “playing” was the dominion of kids. Parents were, at best, indifferent bystanders — and occasional referees when the action became a bit too heated. Then came Dr. Spock and Dr. Joyce Brothers in the 1960s, and words such as childhood development and self-esteem. Two-paycheck households and single-parent families in the ’70s and ’80s. Overworked and highly motivated adults in the ’90s who felt guilty about not doing enough for their kids.
And then … we ended up with participation trophies.
Any parent, coach or kid who’s been involved in youth sports over the past 20 years knows what a participation trophy or medallion looks like. But it’s a lot harder to agree on what it means.
Is it a keepsake of a meaningful childhood experience? A way to acknowledge each child on a team? Confirmation that making the effort and having fun trump the final score? The ridiculous over-coddling of kids already too entitled and full of themselves? An unrealistic portrayal of the world as a place where there are no winners or losers? Or simply a way for a $5 billion-a-year industry to keep making money?
The Keller Youth Association felt it had the answer to this perennial debate, and it wasn’t one of the first three options above.
Last month, the KYA football league announced it would no longer give out participation awards. The decision quickly made headlines across the country. Which goes to show how seriously we take our participation trophies. After all, beyond everything else, they also represent our view of parenting and how kids should be raised.
Lately that view has, thankfully, begun to embrace the value of failure.
“We’ve spent a lot of time in the last 20 years or so being very worried about the self-esteem of our kids,” author Paul Tough said in a Point Person interview last year on these pages. “We felt that if they experience a lot of adversity and failure, it would wound them in some way. What we’re discovering in lots of different ways is that the opposite is true.”
This newspaper agrees with Tough, and by extension, the folks in Keller. For all but the youngest players, participation trophies offer little except clutter.
However, we believe there is a third way in the trophy debate. As was mentioned in a Dallas Morning News story on Keller’s decision, leagues such as 19 Sports keep score but use trophies to reward sportsmanship. In that league, coaches emphasize a life value (such as fair play, hustle or respect) during the week. After a game, a player who displayed that value is recognized with a trophy.
Don’t completely trash trophies, but rather, use them to reward behaviors — not merely the act of showing up. We have a feeling even Dr. Spock would agree.
I get it that some of you still want a new system, but then why do you want to keep part of the old system?

Hmmm, OK, so - - - you're in favor of Patrick getting the "participation trophy" instead of better quality teams, ok. If the state hadn't said that they wanted the best 16 teams, and instead would have said: We're going to keep districts (I'm in favor of this) - and (let the state keep making up districts and first 4 non-district games - by the way, Duggan - head coach at CBLC said he asked the state to give him 2 Des Moines 4-A area teams and Heelan but they told him "NO". He didn't tell me why they told him no, he just said that he asked and was told no. Anyhow, the state should have said: We're changing from the "old" playoff system to "part" of the new RPI system, by "letting" each district champion in - to keep part of the "old" system, and then - then, the next 7 best RPI rated teams in to the dance so teams wouldn't pout because they didn't get a participation trophy - would you have all said: YES YES YES, this is so much better than the old system? Hmmmm. OK, here is some food for thought for those of you who still believe in "let the kids have a participation trophy because they won their (part of the old playoff system) district". Here (not my words, but still meaningful) =
There was a time when “playing” was the dominion of kids. Parents were, at best, indifferent bystanders — and occasional referees when the action became a bit too heated. Then came Dr. Spock and Dr. Joyce Brothers in the 1960s, and words such as childhood development and self-esteem. Two-paycheck households and single-parent families in the ’70s and ’80s. Overworked and highly motivated adults in the ’90s who felt guilty about not doing enough for their kids.
And then … we ended up with participation trophies.
Any parent, coach or kid who’s been involved in youth sports over the past 20 years knows what a participation trophy or medallion looks like. But it’s a lot harder to agree on what it means.
Is it a keepsake of a meaningful childhood experience? A way to acknowledge each child on a team? Confirmation that making the effort and having fun trump the final score? The ridiculous over-coddling of kids already too entitled and full of themselves? An unrealistic portrayal of the world as a place where there are no winners or losers? Or simply a way for a $5 billion-a-year industry to keep making money?
The Keller Youth Association felt it had the answer to this perennial debate, and it wasn’t one of the first three options above.
Last month, the KYA football league announced it would no longer give out participation awards. The decision quickly made headlines across the country. Which goes to show how seriously we take our participation trophies. After all, beyond everything else, they also represent our view of parenting and how kids should be raised.
Lately that view has, thankfully, begun to embrace the value of failure.
“We’ve spent a lot of time in the last 20 years or so being very worried about the self-esteem of our kids,” author Paul Tough said in a Point Person interview last year on these pages. “We felt that if they experience a lot of adversity and failure, it would wound them in some way. What we’re discovering in lots of different ways is that the opposite is true.”
This newspaper agrees with Tough, and by extension, the folks in Keller. For all but the youngest players, participation trophies offer little except clutter.
However, we believe there is a third way in the trophy debate. As was mentioned in a Dallas Morning News story on Keller’s decision, leagues such as 19 Sports keep score but use trophies to reward sportsmanship. In that league, coaches emphasize a life value (such as fair play, hustle or respect) during the week. After a game, a player who displayed that value is recognized with a trophy.
Don’t completely trash trophies, but rather, use them to reward behaviors — not merely the act of showing up. We have a feeling even Dr. Spock would agree.
I get it that some of you still want a new system, but then why do you want to keep part of the old system?

You talk too much

Reactions: eversmeyer72
Simple. Having districts allows representation from all parts of the state. It is the same reason you have different classes in football. Hoosiers is a great movie because it rarely if ever happens. Removing districts would have the same effect. Football would be absolutely dead in certain parts of the state. If districts were removed the result would be the same as removing 8 man football as a class. All districts (parts of the state) can participate but they are all not going to get a ring. And the probability of the 16 seed is about the same. So maybe one team gets a participation banner. So what. Big deal. Let them all have fun and there will be team on top in four weeks. And it is not a participation trophy! Good luck to everyone!

my thoughts of 3a football this year during the playoffs, is that the quality teams that are in it are the best i have witnessed in years...i still think lewis central has got to have th nod to win it, wish they would have stayed in 4a. it would have been otherwise anyones quess who would win it

What if a district was stacked and not one team stood out? That would make things appear to be a few average "crap" teams.

Reactions: stickman80
Ronsss I believe LC would like to challenge 4A teams this year. Now before anyone lectures me about LC wanting "the bling"by being at 3A-I agree-who doesn't want to tell people 20 years from now at dart league or pool night over another pitcher of Bud light they were "State Champs"-but truly this season at LC has been as interesting as a debate at the state capital. Maybe LC gets to the dome and we see what they are truly made of. They still need to get by Carroll and Harlan, but things could get interesting then.

Reactions: Iowasportsnut
Ronsss I believe LC would like to challenge 4A teams this year. Now before anyone lectures me about LC wanting "the bling"by being at 3A-I agree-who doesn't want to tell people 20 years from now at dart league or pool night over another pitcher of Bud light they were "State Champs"-but truly this season at LC has been as interesting as a debate at the state capital. Maybe LC gets to the dome and we see what they are truly made of. They still need to get by Carroll and Harlan, but things could get interesting then.

This is the state of Iowa we are talking about so get real... make that a pitcher of Busch Light.

Reactions: Schlemmer
Simple. Having districts allows representation from all parts of the state. It is the same reason you have different classes in football. Hoosiers is a great movie because it rarely if ever happens. Removing districts would have the same effect. Football would be absolutely dead in certain parts of the state. If districts were removed the result would be the same as removing 8 man football as a class. All districts (parts of the state) can participate but they are all not going to get a ring. And the probability of the 16 seed is about the same. So maybe one team gets a participation banner. So what. Big deal. Let them all have fun and there will be team on top in four weeks. And it is not a participation trophy! Good luck to everyone!
If I did not know any better I would guess you have some ties to the boys in Boone. That is what they want...representation from all parts of the state. I do not disagree with this assessment. What I do disagree with is Boone's obsession with having the championship game over the years traditionally trying to be an east/west affair. What I would like to see is the perceived best two teams hopefully playing in the championship. (yes upsets do and will happen). If the IGHSAU can set up various tournaments to try and achieve this, then the boys in Boone can also. With only 16 teams qualifying there may be some travel logistics to take into consideration for rounds 1 and 2 but since the games are on Friday then they certainly should have some latitude and move teams around more to achieve this goal.

Boone loves di$trict$ and the geographical representation it brings. If they didn't have di$trict$ they might have to do something silly like combine athletic associations with the girls and cut back on the number of executives required.

i will probably get a lot of backlash, but i wish they would do away with 8 man football. i would have the 8 man teams join where they can play 11 man, and have all teams in playoffs 11 man football in the playoffs....i just dont get 8 man football, its not what its meant to be

Reactions: obfuscating
Rock on Stickman! In the Bluffs Falstaff may be the beverage of choice after a big win!
Dilly Dilly!

I don't get 8 man either but my highschool would have dropped football 20 years ago if it wasn't around and the town still supports it tremendously.

Nothing wrong with travelling to compete. Kids and parents do it all the time in tryout teams. Just put up your own $ and you can play wherever you want.

No connections to Boone. When you solve the admin co$t$ with Boone you can use it as an example and cut down on the 99 county seats to 16 and save this state a bundle. I will say it myself.....Dilly dilly!

4A can keep there tryout teams from 4th grade. I'm just happy I live in a state and community where my kids can have fun and compete in almost any sport they choose.

Reactions: stickman80
5A? You ignorant slut. Yes, Boys of Boone....please water down high school football.

Ego. The boys moving to 5A and emulating the girls would be too much for the Boys of Boone (Bob). Last thing Bob would want to do is appear inferior to the Girls Association and copying their ideas.

I would agree that SBL and Lewis Central have to both be pretty happy with the draws. Both will be heavy favorites to get to the dome. If Spencer and SBL get to second round then that should be a good rematch. From appearances that was a close, competitive game first time around.

The eastern brackets are tough. I think Solon and North Scott would be the prohibitive favorites to meet in the second round. In bracket C, I like Decorah and Xavier to get through. Interestingly, if Pella did upset Xavier and Decorah wins then Pella would have to travel the 4 hours or so to play at Decorah. Times have changed with the IHSAA. That never would have even had the chance to happen just a few short years ago.

Tough draw for Pella. I'm sure nobody wants to play LC or Xavier in the first round. As Kid has mentioned, Xavier is probably better this year then last year and they are the defending state champions. While Pella has an excellent team this year and is extremely explosive offensively, it will be a tall task to win this Friday. I do look forward to seeing how they do against Xavier's stout defense. Pella can pass the ball really well and that is the recipe that beat Xavier 2 years ago. Last year Pella didn't pass the ball as well and that hurt in the championship game. Gustafson has had another year of development and throws a nice ball. But, don't know if Pella can even slow down Xavier enough to stay in it anyway. Hopefully it will be an entertaining game. Xavier is still the team to beat in my book. They are the defending champs, are better this year than last, and have not even been challenged yet this year. It will be a shame if LC and Xavier both make the dome and have to play in semi's instead of the final. Would be a finals worthy game.
Really down on Pella that much? I went to the Osky game and they still looked solid like they always do. Gustafson has gotten a lot better and Downs and Shetterly are pretty good playmakers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT