ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions #2

Well they did it 2017 when Prairie met Cedar Falls a r Wartburg. Not sure of the cost of that and who paid for what

Doesnt Dowling play at a Neutral site when they host a game?

That wasn't a neutral site. Cedar Falls was home and the dome was occupied.

Yes. Last year they hosted Ft Dodge at Williams Stadium(DSM East home) because Valley was hosting ankeny.

In any case, as with CF "hosting" Prairie a few years ago, those are rare instances of their home field being occupied by someone else, or something else, in the case of the Arts & Crafts show at the dome a few years ago. In any case, the state will still try to minimize travel when the combined total of driving hours is greater than 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Reactions: franky1967
Best guess at the final RPI Rankings:

1. Valley
  2. Cedar Falls
  3. Dowling (jumps centennial due to H2H victory)
  4. Centennial
  5. CR Kennedy
  6. SE Polk
  7. Linn-Mar
  8. Ankeny
  9. CR Prairie
  10. Bettendorf
  11. Waukee
  12. Dub Senior
  13. Urbandale
  14. Ft. Dodge
  15. DM Roosevelt
  16. Indianola
First 4 Out: Davenport North, SC East, Johnston, IC West

Bracket 1
16) Indianola @ 1) Valley
9) CR Prairie @ 8) Ankeny

Bracket 2
12) Dub Senior @ 5) CR Kennedy
13) Urbandale @ 4) Centennial

Bracket 3
6) SE Polk @ 11) Waukee (dist. champ)
14) Ft. Dodge @ 3) Dowling

Bracket 4
15) DM Roosevelt @ 2) Cedar Falls
10) Bettendorf @ 7) Linn-Mar

this is near perfect and allows for a Dowling/Valley final

That wasn't a neutral site. Cedar Falls was home and the dome was occupied.
Yeah it was a neutral site, it didn't go down as a Home win for CF. Since it wasn't played in the Dome it was played at a alternative location or a a neutral site

Yeah it was a neutral site, it didn't go down as a Home win for CF. Since it wasn't played in the Dome it was played at a alternative location or a a neutral site
CF didn't have home field advantage, it was definitely played at a neutral site

If changed it takes away some of the benefits of being a top seed, getting home field until the semifinals, there needs to be a reward for going undefeated or 8-1.

All valid points. I guess I look at it two ways. 1. If you are a 9-0 or 8-1 team does it really matter where you play if you are legit? 2. What happens if two teams with 8-1 records play each other? RPI fair enough to decide? I guess I look at it as trying to make it as close as possible to getting the best teams on to the next round and paired accordingly. I do completely understand the two points previously mentioned. It could get tricky to find host schools for neutral fields as well. I just feel neutral fields make it a more tournament feel as well, just my opinion.

CF didn't have home field advantage, it was definitely played at a neutral site

CF uses the dome and the dome was busy. CF had to find something to use. Neutral sites were brought up in this thread as a mitigation to travel. CF and Prairie had nothing to do with it.

But if Valley is the top seed remaining, and Dowling the 2nd or 3rd, they’d still be in opposite semis with a chance to meet in the championship. The only way they couldn’t would be if Valley was 1 and Dowling 4 (or Valley 2 and Dowling 3), which isn’t possible with this predicted RPI finish.

CF uses the dome and the dome was busy. CF had to find something to use. Neutral sites were brought up in this thread as a mitigation to travel. CF and Prairie had nothing to do with it.
That was the 1st Home Playoff game CF has played in since before the Dome was built and the only one.

It's a Neutral Field, I don't care what was going on in the UNI Dome. The Stadium and field was never played on by either team.
CF did not enjoy home field advantage plain and simple.

It goes down on the record book for Cedar Falls as a away win on a neutral field, not as a home record.

Had CF broke any Tiger Playoff records that night. They would not have been UNI Dome records, but away records either All-time or Playoff for that matter.

At any rate it was played on a field that was not the UNI Dome and The Athletic Association say played at Wartburg Stadium.

If they did not play at Home and the game was not played on a neutral field. Then what else do you call it?

Praire beating CF is possible, however just because CF hasn't blown people away doesn't mean they ar not solid

I assuming people are looking at CFs 28-0 victory over Jefferson as not impressive. CF has a tendency to play at the level of competition for the most part

Waterloo West scored two late TDs with their 1st offense still in the game otherwise CF handled them 48-3

I agree with this, of course. Both have very good offenses, albeit completely different. Prairie has no balance. If CF can stop the run, like they have the past couple of years (or at least slowed them down), they will be in good shape. CF's defense is much better than Prairie's, so even if CRP gets their points, not sure they can stop CF in the Dome.

Reactions: franky1967
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT