ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Pick-Em 2nd Round 1A

I agree Interstate 35 will battle and play tough. However, Dike New Hartford will drive down Interstate 35. Then they will run over, through, and around Interstate 35 for the win. DNH margin of victory will not be as large as WS over SCC but DNH should dominate this contest.
The other quality that DNH possess (at least from the game I saw) was that they played very disciplined and clean, very few penalty yards (I only recall one penalty) Interesting that Quickstats doesn't capture this. In close games this could be a difference maker and certainly speaks to their coaching and training (not to take away from anyone else I haven't seen.)

Wow
DNH sorry totally forgot to mention that....
Wow, that would have an impact. He's a big, quick and fast kid, so even "dinged" I imagine he can contribute, but if he's more than dinged...they do have other weapons, but he really provides their kill shot.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Anyone want to take a stab at predicting what the Semis matchups will be when they reseed? Pick whatever combo of four you want.

Anyone want to take a stab at predicting what the Semis matchups will be when they reseed? Pick whatever combo of four you want.
Unofficially, since we don't have the results of this round yet (i.e not my picks for the contest)

South Central Calhoun
Dike-New Hartford
West Branch
Bellevue

DNH v SCC
WB v Bellevue (the rematch)

I'll go the next step and say DNH over WB in the final.

now, this could all go out the window tomorrow, but let's see.

Wow

Wow, that would have an impact. He's a big, quick and fast kid, so even "dinged" I imagine he can contribute, but if he's more than dinged...they do have their weapons, but he really provides their kill shot.

Wow

Wow, that would have an impact. He's a big, quick and fast kid, so even "dinged" I imagine he can contribute, but if he's more than dinged...they do have other weapons, but he really provides their kill shot.
DNH running back is not dinged up or hurt.

Reactions: Charles86
The DNH RB was the difference maker in the Regina game. Their QB is solid, but the RB broke the game open and won it for them.

What kind of running style does he have?

Elusive. He isn't big, but you think he's tackled and all of a sudden he shoots out of the pile or through a gap and there goes another 30+ yards. He can hide among DNH's huge lineman really well and accelerate really well. He was run down from behind on a few occasions where it looked like he might go all the way, so his top end speed might be lacking a bit. But, the damage was already done by the time the defense caught up to him.

Reactions: Iabeastmode
Elusive. He isn't big, but you think he's tackled and all of a sudden he shoots out of the pile or through a gap and there goes another 30+ yards. He can hide among DNH's huge lineman really well and accelerate really well. He was run down from behind on a few occasions where it looked like he might go all the way, so his top end speed might be lacking a bit. But, the damage was already done by the time the defense caught up to him.

Good analysis. It’s critical to have a solid run game to lean on this time of year when the temps dip and clock needs to be burned.

Reactions: Iabeastmode
Good analysis. It’s critical to have a solid run game to lean on this time of year when the temps dip and clock needs to be burned.
My boy blocks for him. Good analysis. Nice running back....better kid. Started since his sophomore year. If you remember a great RB that started before him....think similar build and running style. We will have our hands full tomorrow night with I-35. Nothing is ever a sure thing in high school sports especially with these young student-athletes and when everything is on the line every game you play right now. If we play DNH football tomorrow night we should be in it. Looking forward to it.

Just heard this by watching the game preview on West Branch's football website:

West Branch had a 250+ yard passer and 200+ yard rusher in the same playoff game last week. That's crazy.

I see Dike beating I-35, 41-20.
I see Pella Christian beating Bellevue, 34-27
I see West Sioux beating SCC, 28-21
I see West Branch beating Van Meter, 31-20.

It will all shake out in about 14 hours.
I may head to Bellevue to see that battle.

Looking forward to tonight.

If Dike-New Hartford beats I-35, it will be close. The game is @ I-35, so that will put some momentum on the Roadrunner side. But in the end, I think I-35 wants it too bad. Roadrunners sqeak by, 42-38.

PC is ready. They are healthier than last week, and looked insanely sharp in practice this week. The Eagles soar into the Dome back to back years, 35-28. Defensive play by the Eagle D makes or breaks this one and the boys from Football Town, USA (Pella) pull the upset.

West Sioux is big. West Sioux is fast. West Sioux wins. SCC = a bit overrated. WS wins big, 28 - 14.

West Branch wants this one too bad. All they need to do is stuff Ian Abrahamson and force the Mighty Bulldogs to air out the pigskin. If they take care of the power run, they're too multifaceted on offense to stop. Tough, close game overall. The Bears pull the upset, 32-28.

I'll be playing vs Bellevue tonight. Should be a great game.

Looking forward to tonight.

If Dike-New Hartford beats I-35, it will be close. The game is @ I-35, so that will put some momentum on the Roadrunner side. But in the end, I think I-35 wants it too bad. Roadrunners sqeak by, 42-38.

PC is ready. They are healthier than last week, and looked insanely sharp in practice this week. The Eagles soar into the Dome back to back years, 35-28. Defensive play by the Eagle D makes or breaks this one and the boys from Football Town, USA (Pella) pull the upset.

West Sioux is big. West Sioux is fast. West Sioux wins. SCC = a bit overrated. WS wins big, 28 - 14.

West Branch wants this one too bad. All they need to do is stuff Ian Abrahamson and force the Mighty Bulldogs to air out the pigskin. If they take care of the power run, they're too multifaceted on offense to stop. Tough, close game overall. The Bears pull the upset, 32-28.

I'll be playing vs Bellevue tonight. Should be a great game.

Lot of high scoring games. Could be the case but we’ll see.

In your "Van Meter #87 commits to Iowa" thread you say Van Meter wins by 10. https://iowapreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/87-reames-from-vm-commits-to-iowa.22104/

Which is it?

That was more sarcasm than anything. I feel like WB might have what it takes to make the Dome this season. Not many teams have the offensive weapons they possess. Cornwell and Lukavsky are a pretty special duo. I think one of them or both of them play at the D1/FCS level for sure.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes. I'm gonna need them warm for tonight if I decide to drive to Bellevue. It's always colder on the river than inland. Guttenberg always gets that river effect on football Fridays, Gdkid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT