ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff pairings

Anonymous111

Freshman
Jun 27, 2018
The pairings are out.

West Hancock’s quadrant is very easy. Should win by 35 plus every game

Saint Ansgers is the toughest. I expect a great game between them and Earlham to go the dome

MFL has the deepest quadrant. Not one team in there they wouldn’t have their hands full with

North Tamas quadrant is also not very good. District 7 just wasn’t as good this year as it was last year and I think they’ll struggle

— Predictions or thoughts anyone?

The RPI and changing all the playoff games friday is exactly what the state wants complete control of the playoffs. They have final say in scheduling and even heard of them matching up teams that didn't even list on their top ten. Personal opinion RPI is a joke. The system is strictly based on wins and losses and does not factor in a strenth of schedule. I think TC should have a higher seed because their losses were to good teams and one of those teams made the playoffs in a class higher but they were punished for not beating a higher classed playoff team. I believe the Nebraska model is a much better at selecting the playoff teams. But at the end of the day congratulations to all playoff teams and who ever wins 4 in a row will hoist up that trophy

Reactions: falconfanx3
The RPI and changing all the playoff games friday is exactly what the state wants complete control of the playoffs. They have final say in scheduling and even heard of them matching up teams that didn't even list on their top ten. Personal opinion RPI is a joke. The system is strictly based on wins and losses and does not factor in a strenth of schedule. I think TC should have a higher seed because their losses were to good teams and one of those teams made the playoffs in a class higher but they were punished for not beating a higher classed playoff team. I believe the Nebraska model is a much better at selecting the playoff teams. But at the end of the day congratulations to all playoff teams and who ever wins 4 in a row will hoist up that trophy

Why are you complaining? They made it in at 6-3, didn't win their district and don't have to play one of the top 4 teams 1st round. What else did you want, a couple forfeits to the semis?

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
I didn't say anything about their draw. It goes back to what i said first. The state controls the fate of the teams how they see fit. TC former super. Is in now the high in the state association.

Make It simple. Pay BCMOORE. The playoffs are now a joke where the true test of a teams schedule does not matter. The best teams did not all make it. I put the north tama spread of central decauter (a district champion lol) at -63....and that is only cause north tama will pull their starters at halftime to avoid injury. Best of luck to all who made it! Best of luck to all you die hard fans who get to continue to trash talk chatter! See you next year

Make It simple. Pay BCMOORE. The playoffs are now a joke where the true test of a teams schedule does not matter. The best teams did not all make it. I put the north tama spread of central decauter (a district champion lol) at -63....and that is only cause north tama will pull their starters at halftime to avoid injury. Best of luck to all who made it! Best of luck to all you die hard fans who get to continue to trash talk chatter! See you next year
I agree central decaucter is trash but north Tama isn’t great either squeezed by against every decent team they played. I predict they win but not by 63. Kudos to them for going 9-0 but not winning very impressively. Earlham kind of got screwed with there pairing and what seed they ended up at I think.

Reactions: falconfanx3
I agree central decaucter is trash but north Tama isn’t great either squeezed by against every decent team they played. I predict they win but not by 63. Kudos to them for going 9-0 but not winning very impressively. Earlham kind of got screwed with there pairing and what seed they ended up at I think.

I agree about Earlham. They should have a great game in the Quarterfinals. Should be fun to watch.

I found this interesting...you go to the playoff pairings page on the IAHSAA site and no team regardless of class is showing a RPI of lower than 16. Yet the final RPI rankings have teams making it who are ranked lower than 16 as a result of them being district champs. Funny how magically these teams that made the playoffs as district champs and deservedly so, now show a ranking higher than their actual RPI rank. The Boys in Boone are once again up to their old tricks.

I found this interesting...you go to the playoff pairings page on the IAHSAA site and no team regardless of class is showing a RPI of lower than 16. Yet the final RPI rankings have teams making it who are ranked lower than 16 as a result of them being district champs. Funny how magically these teams that made the playoffs as district champs and deservedly so, now show a ranking higher than their actual RPI rank. The Boys in Boone are once again up to their old tricks.

The number for each team in the playoffs pairing is their seed (in order of their RPI finish) so that district champ with a 20 or 30 RPI rank is the 16th seed.

Reactions: IGo42
The number for each team in the playoffs pairing is their seed (in order of their RPI finish) so that district champ with a 20 or 30 RPI rank is the 16th seed.
Thank You for the clarification. Only thing I don't like because of that is it gives the impression that the first 16 in each class RPI wise truly did make the playoffs when in fact it is actually a misnomer.

Obviously TC didn't deserve a higher seed... They didn't even play one of the top four seeds (#9 South O'Brien) and got hammered. Central Decatur gave #4 North Tama a better game...

BCMoore isn’t perfect either, is it better then a very basic RPI yes, but you can find flaws with that computer program as well.

Obviously TC didn't deserve a higher seed... They didn't even play one of the top four seeds (#9 South O'Brien) and got hammered. Central Decatur gave #4 North Tama a better game...
That is true thought that they would have played better

Tough look for tc supporters, and North Tama backers...Can someone explain what happened? Is north tama overrated/ Bad weather? because CD is an awful team so for it to be that close doesn't bode well for a second round win for NT

North Tama has done just enough to win all season, with Staker (assuming he is out) out I fear North Tama has an uphill battle. But who knows maybe there is one more week of magic in them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT