ADVERTISEMENT

Parochial football programs building success from within

Had a guy ask my today why Heelan (a Catholic school) has "Pride" on the back of their jersey's. I told him to come here and let those in the know explain why as he said it "why is the #1 sin of the 7 something a Catholic school would put on their team as a motto?" He said "at least Regina keeps it to Senior names."

I could care less myself.

Good article by the way.

Originally posted by LincolntwspFarmer:
After watching both the 3A and the 4A games, I would like to see a Heelan vs Dowling game with this years teams.
Truthfully, I would even like to see how well Regina would compete against these two. Then (he says with a twinkle in his eye) I would like to watch how Keumper could match up with each of these teams, preferably in a contest including some sort of "round robin" tournament. And (now holding belly, laughing with aplomb at my cleverness) wouldn't it would be wonderful to know if either Xavier or St. Edmond's could make some noise, coming in through the loser's bracket, maybe as some sort of "two losses, you're out type of deal? Finally, it would warm my heart something fearful to see if the WINNER of all these games could beat the Green Bay Packers, my favorite pro team, who are excellent in their own right, but don't recruit, either. They're just better.

Not to worry, just a little levity to dispel my end-of-football-season depression already setting in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT