ADVERTISEMENT

Openings

I'd put it at around 50/50 that CMB doesn't exist past the next two years. If it wasn't for the football districts getting changed this year, I'd say one year. CM has some issues and has been doing some looking elsewhere (how serious the looking depends on the perspective) and has done a, at times, really bad job of communicating with Baxter. It's a mess. The joint school board meeting last week was a disaster.

We'll know more after next week when each school board meets. I know Baxter has the sharing on the agenda and are going to thoroughly discuss if they want to look elsewhere, which they haven't done up to this point. Not sure if CM has it the agenda or not, but I would assume it does.

For the record, I have ties to both schools and want them to work things out, and would honestly prefer they consolidate. But I do lean more towards one side than the other and want what's overall best for them.

I'd like to change that from 50/50 to around 90/10 that CMB doesn't make it past next season.

I'd also like to add, I'd give the Collins-Maxwell side roughly 3 years of existence left. Both of these are based on the CM Board decisions last night (which I don't blame them for, it's a very long story) and the reaction of a very vocal minority in attendance that doesn't understand how schools run. If they don't do something quickly, they will be folded into nearby districts, with Ballard being the likely destination for a large % of the students. That's if the district doesn't break itself up in the meantime.

It's a very long story and the wrong forum, but that's a quick summation.

BTW, I'm not sure if it's official but it sounds like Zach Hasselbrink, who has been an assistant for a few years, will be the new HC for the CMB boys team. Have heard nothing on the girls coach yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT