ADVERTISEMENT

NW Iowa 2A Playoffs Shaping Up

Nov 7, 2015
The likely battle for District Champ in District 1 took place in Week 4. The Lions hosted the Wildcats in Rock Rapids and came away the victors in a spirited 38-17 battle. CLGLR faced some early adversity in the beginning but was able to control the 4th quarter and come out on top of their county rivals. The Lions still have 3 district games left but will be heavy favorites in the remaining games. West Lyon faced probably the 3rd best team in the district, being Sheldon, last Friday and came away with a solid victory. Looks like Lions 1, WL 2, probably Sheldon 3 with Unity 4 but those last 2 teams have to play yet which will decide that.

District 2 kind of took shape last Friday with SL coming away with what doesn't necessarily look it by the final score but a dominant 28-13 win over OABCIG. Spirit Lake is playing some incredible defense right now. Beckett Dejean had no time to get the ball down the field. The DEs lived in the backfield and when Beckett took off to run the LBs were right there. OABCIG found the endzone a couple times toward the end of the game basically chucking the ball down field and either getting some PIs or they made a couple catches. Spirit Lake is a good team takes what the defense gives them on offense and locks down on D. Spirit Lake will likely be the champ but has to beat ELC this week and SEV to close out the regular season. ELC is playing pretty good football right now after getting it handed to them by WL earlier this year by a score of 43-14. They beat SEV last week 7-0 and have a shot at SL this week and OABCIG the following week which will give us the 2-4 results for this district. I'd guess SL champ, OABCIG 2nd, ELC 3rd and SEV qualifying in that 4th spot. That being said I think ELC has pretty good shot at beating OABCIG but we shall see.

Last year they sent OABCIG and SEV south of CLGLR and WL. This year Id look for CLGLR, WL, SL, and OABCIG being paired together when it comes to the 2nd and quarterfinal round. CLGLR @ home against OABCIG and WL visiting SL is my prediction but the state does what the state will do so I guess we will see.

Been an exciting year so far and the weathers getting cooler with playoffs right around the corner.

nice update on nw iowa powers...the lions will be hard to beat, whoeever plays them from the looks of it...
central lyon is so good this year. ....i am a harlan fan..and i think they would give harlan fits

cal preps......
central lyon 31
spirit lake 21

cal prepes match up with central lyon and desmoines dowling
central lyon 31
dowling 21

probably get some people upset

The likely battle for District Champ in District 1 took place in Week 4. The Lions hosted the Wildcats in Rock Rapids and came away the victors in a spirited 38-17 battle. CLGLR faced some early adversity in the beginning but was able to control the 4th quarter and come out on top of their county rivals. The Lions still have 3 district games left but will be heavy favorites in the remaining games. West Lyon faced probably the 3rd best team in the district, being Sheldon, last Friday and came away with a solid victory. Looks like Lions 1, WL 2, probably Sheldon 3 with Unity 4 but those last 2 teams have to play yet which will decide that.

District 2 kind of took shape last Friday with SL coming away with what doesn't necessarily look it by the final score but a dominant 28-13 win over OABCIG. Spirit Lake is playing some incredible defense right now. Beckett Dejean had no time to get the ball down the field. The DEs lived in the backfield and when Beckett took off to run the LBs were right there. OABCIG found the endzone a couple times toward the end of the game basically chucking the ball down field and either getting some PIs or they made a couple catches. Spirit Lake is a good team takes what the defense gives them on offense and locks down on D. Spirit Lake will likely be the champ but has to beat ELC this week and SEV to close out the regular season. ELC is playing pretty good football right now after getting it handed to them by WL earlier this year by a score of 43-14. They beat SEV last week 7-0 and have a shot at SL this week and OABCIG the following week which will give us the 2-4 results for this district. I'd guess SL champ, OABCIG 2nd, ELC 3rd and SEV qualifying in that 4th spot. That being said I think ELC has pretty good shot at beating OABCIG but we shall see.

Last year they sent OABCIG and SEV south of CLGLR and WL. This year Id look for CLGLR, WL, SL, and OABCIG being paired together when it comes to the 2nd and quarterfinal round. CLGLR @ home against OABCIG and WL visiting SL is my prediction but the state does what the state will do so I guess we will see.

Been an exciting year so far and the weathers getting cooler with playoffs right around the corner.

D1 Predictions
1. CLGLR
2. WL
3. Sheldon
4. Unity

Round 1

CLGLR vs. Clear Lake
WL vs. ELC
Sheldon @ OABCIG
Unity @ Spirit Lake

I'm guessing your pods will be right on unless we see an upset.

POD #1
CLGLR
Spirit Lake
OABCIG
WL

POD #2
West Marshall
Red Oak
Roland Story
Greene County

All speculation. I'm guessing a lot of things change before then.

D1 Predictions
1. CLGLR
2. WL
3. Sheldon
4. Unity

Round 1

CLGLR vs. Clear Lake
WL vs. ELC
Sheldon @ OABCIG
Unity @ Spirit Lake

I'm guessing your pods will be right on unless we see an upset.

POD #1
CLGLR
Spirit Lake
OABCIG
WL

POD #2
West Marshall
Red Oak
Roland Story
Greene County

All speculation. I'm guessing a lot of things change before then.
The winner of tonight's SEV-Clarion game probably gets the 4 seed in D2 and gets Greene County in the 1st round!! If GC beats Red Oak tonight (which I expect) then Red Oak will be a 3 or 4 seed so I'm not sure they make it out of the 1st round.

Other than that I think your prediction is pretty accurate usf!!

The winner of tonight's SEV-Clarion game probably gets the 4 seed in D2 and gets Greene County in the 1st round!! If GC beats Red Oak tonight (which I expect) then Red Oak will be a 3 or 4 seed so I'm not sure they make it out of the 1st round.

Other than that I think your prediction is pretty accurate usf!!

I should have added that all of my predictions were based off of bcmoore's projections. Bcmoore predicts both SEV and Red Oak to win. You could be right!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT