ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure AU people can use ref excuses

We had one true call that went our way and that should have been a TD for Cal opening drive, and they settled for a fg. Their fumble, I’ll concede PROBABLY was down, and we benefited by the call on the field. We definitely caught a couple breaks. Honestly, whichever team came out of that game with a win shouldn’t feel any better about their season prospects.

Personally, I think our gameplan on O was garbage, and that is all on the staff. There was a lot of speculation that Thorne was a head case after being yanked, but he hit a HUGE 3rd down conversion on the winning TD on 3rd and 13 and a big TD pass. He also came in on 3rd down on the drive they went to Ashford and threw the first TD, so I don’t think it was a mental thing for Thorne. I think it was a poorly called offensive gameplan. Thorne made a couple poor decisions, but he should be our QB. We did ourselves a disservice last week in letting Ashford pile on yards/points against an outmatched defense. He helped us score, but it would have been better to get more work with Thorne and the O on trying to convert in the redzone as opposed to exploiting a known overnatched D in UMass.

We were lucky to escape with the W, and our defense deserves a ton of credit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT