ADVERTISEMENT

North Butler

denverhawkfan

Freshman
Sep 14, 2007
Can anyone from North Butler confirm or deny rumor that Emily Dolan severely tore her knee and was told can't play sports if she wants to walk later in life? Hope that isn't the case at all. I think she is their 2nd leading scorer and rebounder so it true will be tough to replace at this time of year. Wonder if the association takes that into consideration for brackets, but guessing they are pretty much done and just waiting till Monday to release.

She is out for 4 to 6 months. Nothing about not walking later in life. North Butler is having a lot of bad luck in the injury department.

Sounds like she tore her MCL, ACL and some meniscus damage. She's a strong girl, she will recover and come back even stronger. Thanks for the kind words.

Does this sink North Butler? CAn they lose a kid like her and still compete over that way in Class 2A?

It's going to be tough for them. They lost Nikki Boomgarden, their point guard, with an ACL in December, so this is maybe their two best players out. Certainly two experienced starters. They do have some depth and they do rely on their defense to a large degree, so maybe they can still get through. It won't be easy to beat them, but it never really is.

I see...yeah, not sure you can lose two key people and still make it. Kevin's teams do hang around with defense, though.
The Boomgarden must be related to the one that played during the Brocka, Uhlenhopp days....too bad for her.

Sister I think of Bobbi. And she's a senior. Dolan has another year. They both play softball too, so that team will be missing two of their better players as well, though Boomgarden might be back at some point. I'm not from NB so not sure of the time table for either girls' return.

Speedy and Wunsch did not play last night against Northwood, so that would be 4 starters gone. How long they're gone i don't know. They still beat a decent Northwood team by 2 points, but gave up 55. When was the last time North Butler gave up 55?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT