ADVERTISEMENT

NF @ MMC

MMC. Listening on the radio yesterday, they only gave up 1 defensive touchdown and had 2 goal line stands. They have many offensive weapons that can take them to the next step. Bohe will have a good game but MMC will be too much. 42-28 MMC

Taking NF. They are much more than Bohe. Padroza can throw it and he can run it. They have Anderson to throw the ball to and if they get stopped inside the 5, they can score with the field goal. They are a much more diverse team on their play calling than WBM. They might have had 2 "goal line" stands. But it's not hard to defense a team that runs the same play everytime they got inside the 5. Keep in mind NF did the same thing to WBM inside the 5 when they played. MMC has a nice team, but WBM had receivers running open and the ball was either underthrown or not on target. If MMC stacks the box on NF to stop Bohe, they have the QB and WR to counter that for big plays. 35-14 NF comes out on top.

Originally posted by DawgPoundGreat:

Taking NF. They are much more than Bohe. Padroza can throw it and he can run it. They have Anderson to throw the ball to and if they get stopped inside the 5, they can score with the field goal. They are a much more diverse team on their play calling than WBM. They might have had 2 "goal line" stands. But it's not hard to defense a team that runs the same play everytime they got inside the 5. Keep in mind NF did the same thing to WBM inside the 5 when they played. MMC has a nice team, but WBM had receivers running open and the ball was either underthrown or not on target. If MMC stacks the box on NF to stop Bohe, they have the QB and WR to counter that for big plays. 35-14 NF comes out on top.
I'll be downright shocked if the score is that lopsided either way.

Dawg and tm, I agree. WBM not having Buhs killed them, especially on the goal line. Buhs and Jergens rotated all year at RB and I felt like Jergens couldn't handle the work load or the short yard and goal line plays, they just needed the bigger body to bang his way in. Hand it to MMC for making some big plays when they needed to. Seems like every time they need a play they make one and they have done it for the past two seasons. They dont get rattled when they are down and the other team has all the momentum. They stay very calm (unlike some of their fans) and just keep playing and stay in the game until they make a big play. They do not make the offensive big play as much as they did last year but make them when it counts most. MMC's defense looked alot better last night then it did any of the other 3 games that I have watched. That being said I feel like Bohe and company will still be able to move the ball but will they be able to finish out their drives. Heard last night they got stuffed on the goal line just like WBM. No one has ran on NF's defense all year but they have not faced anyone like Spieler. Should be a great game. If its anything like last year it will come down to turnovers, penalties and big plays! NF in a close one.
This post was edited on 11/5 2:26 PM by buck_1006

Mmc can't come out slow. they came out slow vs WBM but they won't be able to over come it if they do the same thing vs NF. NF is gonna come ready to play. They are gonna play pissed off for revenge and pissed off for excellence. NF is gonna be fired up. If MMC is gonna go back to the dome they are gonna have to come out swinging to shut NF up. NF isn't the NF team from last year. MMC is also a completely different team. This will be a shoutout or a NF blow out. If MMC comes ready to play right away they will have a hell of shot to punch their ticket to the dome. They need to contain Bohe offensively and defensively. They need to stop the run and their safety's need to step up and do their job. MMCs offensive Impact player is Dylan Spileler. The kid can play some football. NFs defensive impact player is Brady Bohe. The kid is a beast no doubt. NFs impact player is maybe a surprise. I got QB gable padroza as a key player in this game. He is a lot like Brennan Riddamen from river valley in my mind. Only he has way more playmakers around him on offense. MMCs impact player on defense is Isaiah Petersen. This kid may be a little under the radar but he can play and he plays with a fire . He will do whatever it takes to do his part to make a stop. MMC is gotta stop Bohe and Padroza, both running and passing the ball, to be successful. MMC head Kyle Oswald always seems to get the Eagles fired up for big games. I see MMC is another classic game. This game could go either way but I got MMC. But if MMC comes out slow NF will punch their ticket. MMCs defense looked impressive vs WBM giving up one score. The eagles special teams looks to be the weakness.

It's going to be a great one and hopefully just as exciting as last year but I'm going with MMC. More diverse team and Spileler who I've known for a long time loves big games. I don't know the Podraza kid and I don't mean any disrespect to the young man whatsoever but quarterback play is so extremely crucial to be able to move on and I just feel Spieler has that much to the like of Tanner Utesch last year. I've known Tanner and Dylan for a long time and I would take 20 of them on my team any day. On to NF. Ground pound with lineman pulling and pulling often. MMC's linebackers better read that and their secondary better be willing and ready to tackle because Bohe is not interested in running around you but would rather run over you. MMC has some issues in their secondary toughness handling the run. NF methodically moving the ball down the field pounding Bohe 5 yards at a crack average vs. MMC capability to make things happen in various aspects. Podraza, what will he give is my question. I hope the young man has a great game but I really feel like whoever plays the QB position the best is going to win this game. Best of luck to coach Wilken. Can't think of a better guy that deserves a chance to play in the dome. My pick is MMC 34 NF 26.

They going to get the lights fixed in Marcus in time for this game? Or they going to play half the field and flip it like they did Monday night? Too bad the game wasn't in Newell, much more enjoyable to watch the game when the fans are that close to the field. All these fields that are inside of the fancy tracks suck to watch games from. I feel like I'm watching the game on my 4 inch Smartphone as opposed to my 60 inch flat screen.

It may be better for the fans to be close but think about the players. If I was a N-F player I would be happy to play on an opposing field where the fans aren't held back by a wire like in Newell. Home fans can be loud and hostile, the more space the better when it comes to players!

Any word on #1 from MMC? He was a good player, especially in the return game. I hope his injury is not as bad as it looked on Monday night, and that he is able to go on Friday.

bravesnation have you ever played football on friday nights? As a player you love having the fans close and loud! Gets your adrenaline going all the more. In Newell its great having the fans 10 yds from the field. At MMC there is a track and big sideline so the fans are a good 50 yds back in the stands. That can't be as exciting for a player. Best place to play in the state though is Glidden where the fans are literally on the sideline from goal line to 20 and visiting bleachers are within 10 yds of the field.

so the game is going to get played in Newell now? who cares about where the fans sit. Im sure coaches love it in Marcus cause every team has parents that wont shut up. I know when I was a player I hated having fans right there yelling at you

Well whatever field you play at, nothing compares to what one of these teams will be playing in next week THE DOME! Can't wait to see this one Friday!

I think the environment will be just as hostile and great as last year. This is a heated rivalery. These 2 schools hate each other. They both think the other are cocky and arrogant. But of these are 2 hard nosed GOOD football teams. Its gonna come down to heart and not overlooking over each other. As far as the field goes I don't think the fans being closer has anything to do with it. Coming from a fans stand point I think Newel would be a better site just based on seating for the visitors but I love the field in Marcus. And trust me that little town will be rocking Friday night. That is gonna crazy. NF VS MMC is the biggest and most heated rivalery in northwest Iowa.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that. As a player I loved having the fans closer to the field. Never listened to what they were saying just liked having all the noise and excitement closer. Anyway cant wait for tomorrow night! Both teams better come ready to play cause its gonna be a dog fight!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT