ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Pleasant Baseball

Just heard that Keokuk swept Fairfield Thursday night. This conference is going to be completely up in the air. I would love to see conference standings but it looks like several teams do not have quikstats updated yet.

Who would of thought that Keokuk would be leading the Conference at this time of the year they're playing well no doubt and i'm sure they have a lot of confidence.They won one from Washington and then swept FF.

I am sure that Keokuk is a confident bunch of kids right now. Sounds like they are playing some good baseball. We have Fairfield Monday and Keokuk on Thursday so hopefully the Panthers can keep playing like they did in game 2 against Washington.

Any word on how things are going at Mid-Prairie today? Anyone?

looks like the boys from Mt Pleasant put together a few good games today beating IMS 14-0 and hanging on to a 5-4 win against Davenport North. The boys have scratched their way back to even just in time to play a double header this week with Fairfield on Monday night and Keokuk on Thursday.

anyone have any stats on this? who pitched?

I was not there but was told the broeker kid pitched the first game and remick pitched the second game.Thats all I know.

Keokuk swept FF?!?!?! Holy crap that is hard to believe. But good for them. they had a rough year last year.
What is the story with Fort. Madison this year? Good/bad?

Just as an FYI, I read in the paper that Muscatine beat #2 Ankeny yesterday and are 14-3. That may not be a bad loss, especially with how close they played them.

Its good to see Broeker and Remick eating some quality innings this early in the schedule. This will pay dividends as we get deeper into conference play.

It doesnt look like the stats are updated for Mt P yet but it doesnt appear that Jacob Dilks has pitched many innings this year, is he hurt or something?

Also agree with Bobcat that the losses to Muscatine wasnt a back breaker. Musky has a quality team and the panthers played them tough...

Originally posted by 3afootballrocks:
Its good to see Broeker and Remick eating some quality innings this early in the schedule. This will pay dividends as we get deeper into conference play.

It doesnt look like the stats are updated for Mt P yet but it doesnt appear that Jacob Dilks has pitched many innings this year, is he hurt or something?

Also agree with Bobcat that the losses to Muscatine wasnt a back breaker. Musky has a quality team and the panthers played them tough...
No Jacob Dilks is not hurt. He has just had control problems at times this year. And has only really been used in relief. My son said he was also suspended along with O'Donnell a few games. I must say I have never seen this many discipline problems as there has been this year...

The discipline problems are an issue. Surprised in the little amount of suspension for O'Donnell. Very surprised by that. Dilks was just for chew.

I am wondering who will pitch Monday. My guess Shull first game and Amos the second game. Fairfield will be tougher than we think.
But the boys are playing very well and are starting to get in a groove!
Should be a good game.
This post was edited on 7/14 8:31 PM by seiasportsfan

Ya just to clarify they won the first game like 3-0 and the second game like 19-2... Looks like they are firing on all cylinders.

Just checked out quikstats this morning and see the Panthers swept Keokuk last night 14-5 and 11-0. The boys are really coming together right now having won 10 of their last 11 games and an 8 game win streak dating back to game 2 of the Washington double header. With Washington splitting with Fort Madison (according to IAHSAA site) last night that should put the Panthers firmly in first place in the conference. I think Fort Madison comes to town on Monday so good luck boys!

Really cool the Mt Pleasant coaches are doing a good job of getting quikstats updated! I cant make alot of the away games so it really helps me keep up on what is going on.

Keep it rolling boys!

Coaches always do a good job on quik stats when they win 10 of their last 11 games.j/k

Somebody needs to step up in this Conf. and Mt.P has.

Washington is just about where Coach Miller said they would be and I look for them to get on a roll too.

Its all about keeping kids fresh for post season.

I really surprise that Mt.P would be playing a good North Scott tonight because they have 6 conference games in the next 7 days thats a load.

MP lost 10 to 7 and 1 to 0. Pretty good showing considering they were saving pitching for conference game on Thursday. Could be everything will come together for them the end of the season.

These were two pretty good ball games. It came down to who could make the most of opportunities and Washington was able to do it. We had a rough time putting the balll into play with runners on so that is never good but hats off to Steele and Henry they threw really well last night.

You are also correct in the fact that this conference is still wide open with a week to play, WOW!

It will be interesting to see how the seeding falls out and how they split teams up... not sure I understand how they picked hosts sites before having an idea on seeding? It all new so I guess we will soon find out.

BTW last night was my first time back to Washington since the field upgrades. They did a nice job!

Looks like Mt.P got a very good draw and get to play at home again.

Playing 4a teams really help this i guess.

Not sure I believe Ft Madison in first round is a good draw however I do agree that playing at home is a big advantage. I really didnt understand how they chose the hosts sites prior to seeding but wont complain about getting to play at home.

Good Luck in Osky! If all goes well we will get one more shot at each other...

Playing a 9-21 team at home is about as easy as it gets.

Its to bad that Eaves kid isn't still pitching for Ft.Madison i'm not sure why but he was good.

That record is deceiving, they have lost alot of games to some very good competition. Ft Madison will not lay down for anyone. 11 of their 21 losses are to 4A schools another 4 losses came at the hands of a ranked Assumption team and a Davis County team that could complete in 3A easily. All of this without thier ace...

Eaves as I understand it was ineligble for grades and is back this week. These guys will be a tough out. I think I would rather take my chances with FF.

I will have to admit they have played a tough schedule.

I wonder if that is true about Eaves coming back that will change things.I would think that would change the attitude of the whole team.

Quikstats.com is showing him throwing 7 innings last night in Keokuk only giving up 1 hit with 14 k's. Game 2 was apparently rained out. I would imagine we will see Eaves Thursday night down in Ft Madison and would think Wash will see him next week too. You are right this could make this team very dangerous and could completely change the complexion of the team.

No way Mt.P. will see him Thrusday that would be insane.To much risk to throw on monday and then Thrusday Plus they don't want you to see him before post season.

I think it will depend on how badly they want to try and compete for a conference title? You could be right on the money though, they may not want to show their hand before the district game on the 13th.

After reading the Ft.Madison paper i wouldn't be surprise if Eaves does throw tonight.

I don't agree but i have know clue how strong the kid is or what he throws.
You just hope the Coach knows what best for the kid.

I wont be surprised to see him take the hill either. I am sure they would love to end the season on a high note heading into district play, add to that the possibility of competing for a conference title. They will be very confident tonight I am sure. Hope the boys can stay focused and play good ball.

In regard to him throwing on short rest I would tend to agree. Then again each kid is different so maybe they feel like since he hasnt thrown many innings this year that he will be fine. I would hope that the coach and parents have discussed and are on the same page.

I think Washington has Fairfield tonight, is that correct?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT