ADVERTISEMENT

MAC SOCCER

Sep 27, 2006
Who is bringing the most talent back?
Any surprises? New young players stepping it up and playing with varsity?

How will the season finish? Predictable as always or is this year different?

Bettendorf should be strong again. Charlie Schwartz is the main guy back, but they also have Billy Rembold and others coming back. It's hard to bet against those guys, since they haven't missed a state tournament since it's been around.

this is my prediction:
bett
north
p.v
muscatine
ns
burlington
west
central
clinton

can i see some others. to see what others think

ass lost everybody from last year and barely fielded a fresh soph team last year that wasnt very good, last year they only had schebler and a couple good defenders but there fresh soph team was terrible

its true they lost a lot of key players but they have a few returning and a couple of transfers and kids from foreighn exchange programs.. theyll be bad but the mac is weak other than bett, pv...

i dont think p.v will be that good this year, they lost their whole team from last year, they have matt kerking, and jordan yates at returing starters, thats it

Charlie Shwarts is the Junior Defender from Bettendorf? i think im wrong though.
This post was edited on 1/11 8:22 AM by SailorSoccer#1if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I re-posted this thread so we can have a "positive" thread of MAC soccer for the rest of the year. My take so far: Bett looks very good, PV seems a little down, North has disappointed and Assumption, Central and Burlington has surprised me.

What are other thoughts??
This post was edited on 4/28 11:16 AM by HawkeyeDennyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Central has really really surpised me too. People had them finishing bottom 3 in the MAC when now they are on the road to be top 3 in the MAC.

MAC prediction

Bettendorf
Burlington
Davenport Central
Clinton
Muscatine
Pleasant Valley
Davenport West
Assumption
Davenport North
North Scott

Bettendorf has the MAC. But Central, wow, where did they come from? They lost 2-1 to Bett, and 5-3 PV. After the program lost 6 would be varsity kids to moves (I myself included), quitting, or transfers, I'm proud of them. They're on pace to tie PV for 2nd in the MAC after PV's unexpected loss to Assumption and their probable loss to Bettendorf.

I think the race for 2nd will be tight between Burlington, Central and PV...we've lost to Bett. and Muscatine...Centrals lost to Bett and PV and PV has lost to Ass. and most likely Bett which leaves Burlington and Central who play each other this Tuesday and Burlington plays PV Thursday, so if Burlington can win both games this week we're a lock for 2nd with 2 conference losses

Hate to tell you this BHSoccer03, you will lose both next week and finish 4th/5th in conference. I will eat crow if you win one of those games, Burlington is better this year, but not ready for Prime Time. Prove me wrong and I will give you all the respect in the world. Good luck :)

Does anybody think Clinton has surprised after losing all of there starters but there goaile and sweeper

Yes, I do think Clinton has surprised for what they lost. The problem with Clinton and Burlington and other MAC teams, is that you need a strong youth soccer club and I see in the next few years these teams getting a lot stronger than in the past.

well well well HawkeyeDenny look what we have here...

BURLINGTON - 1 DAVENPORT CENTRAL - 0 !!!!!!!!!

perhaps some new thoughts on Burlington??

Burlington 7-3 overall (5-2 MAC)

From the sounds of it, Central dominate the game, plus a missed PK and break aways? I obviously wasn't there though, so there's room for rebuttal. Burlington's got an impressive record though, good luck against PV.

No room for rebuttal, Burlington won the game, so congrats and good luck going for 2nd against PV. I need to go to the store and find of what kind of sauce taste best with crow. :)

Bett 6 - Dav North 0

Game was over in first 8 minutes with 3 goals, Bett just cruised after that being Sr night and they played all their substitute seniors a lot.

Burlington 1 Pleasant Valley 3

Scoreline was misleading, two teams were evenly matched..Refs let the game get way out of hand...Burlington missed a PK to level the match at 2-2..PV tacked on 3rd goal with 2 minutes left in the game...

BHSoccer, every Burlington losing score that you report has been "misleading", lol. I didn't say a word when Central dominated you and you won 1 - 0 so you need to stop making excuses when you lose and "deal with it".

Good luck the rest of the year and at state... :)

Burlington - 4 North Scott - 2

Burlington 8-4 overall (6-3 MAC)...

Thoughts on Burlington's chances of making it to state???

1st round- bye
2nd round- Davenport West or Ottumwa
Final- Winner of games between IA City West, Pleasant Valley, Muscatine

Not happening; City West, PV, or Muscatine would beat Burlington at this point. Central loses 2-1 West, these guys stumbled down the stretch, kind of disappointing.

Central very much so disappointed, Burlington ended up a solid 3rd in conference. I hope Burlington makes it state because it would probably mean that they beat ICW and shut that FrostyMitchell guy up.

Burlington - 5 Ottumwa - 0

Iowa City, West - 6 Muscatine- 0

Burlington vs. Iowa City, West Substate 5 Final...perhaps HawkeyeDenny u will get ur wish...

How do you guys think North will do against Bettendorf! We looked pretty good against Central now we have our Seniors back.

BHSoccer- you guys are gonna need all the luck you can get, if they play you like they played us...That is a very very good team...not that your team isnt good, but we beat you...and theres no way in hell we could beat them.

2 weeks ago Bett scored 3 goals in first 10 minutes but I hope North shows up tonite so I don't waste my $6.00 on another rout. Good luck to both teams but there isn't any way Bett will be denied going to state for the umpteenth time in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT