ADVERTISEMENT

MAC Predictions for 08

Well, it is Bett every year until someone knocks them off. Burl, PV, Central and Muscatine I think will be OK.

I think Muscatine will be the surprise team to finish 2nd if not 1st in the MAC in 08...with Arceo and Manriquez back running the show those two can definately lead a team..

I dont know i think ns can suprise alot of people this year with harrington and biddick along with 14 other returning letterman

I talked to some Muscatine kids over the weekend and heard they lost a couple players to the drug ring bust at Muscatine a week ago, not Manriquez or Arceo though. Muscatine's D is questionable, but they have a great offense. Bettendorf probably at the top again.

Where's the love for Burlington coming from.

Maybe it's that they finished 3rd last year. They only graduated 4 starters. Have Danielson and Webb who can score goals at will.

ns should have beat burlington last year, but the ns coach was retarded and put in 4 j.v guys who have never scene varsity playing time in a 2-2 game with 10 minutes left

with a new coaching staff and 16 returning letter winners including 2 returning captains and a 3 year starter at goalie the lancers should be much better
This post was edited on 12/12 12:11 PM by packerbid

NS should've beaten Burlington last year?? what a load of bs that is. We beat u guys 5-2 and I was a captain last year and remember standing on the sideline the last 10 minutes watching our bench players finish the game...

maybe you shouldn't insult people with disabilities, especially since you can't even spell the word, or a few others correctly, in your post.

Wow ur cool talking about spelling online..n i didnt spell retarded wrong...
This post was edited on 12/12 12:13 PM by packerbid

But in response to your claiming that you guys should've beaten us last year?? I'm interested to hear this..

u guys had a couple cheap goals..one time our sweeper somehow wiffed the ball and he missed a trap another time n we had 2 of our best players out for drinking

Cheap?? Your best players out?? I think we had 7 players make All-MAC while u guys had what? 2 tops? We came 1 game away from state and lost 1-0 to the state runner up in ICW...i don't think we did anything "cheap" against ur horrible team

no, he used a derogatory term for disabled people and spelled it wrong. Now he went back and edited it so it is spelled correctly.

seriously who cares bout spelling online on a forum? n north scott was a horrible team since we did beat muscatine and u guys lost to them? n it was 4-2 not 5-2 mr. captain who was on the sideline

Mr. Captain on the sideline who was 1st team All MAC last year, nice try if that was a shot at me...and so you guys beat Muscatine and we didn't...we beat Clinton, Assumption, North, West, Central besides you guys in the MAC...which of those teams did you beat again???

So there you go...you beat 1 team we didn't..we beat 2 you lost to, not to mention we beat you...and if you want to make those comparisons...substate semifinal- Iowa City West 6 Muscatine 0....substate FINAL- Iowa City West 2 Burlington 0...just sayin...

congrats on the loss man, u guys most likely matched up to ic west better than musky but u still lost to musky...oops i didnt spell muscatine right

C'mon guys, let's make this forum more worthwhile, ok? Let's talk about predictions for the 2008 Spring Season, and not a flame war of trash talking. We have more class than that. Last season is done, over. Players, Coaches, and Referees all made mistakes. Everyone had good games, bad games. So let's keep this more positive, ok?

One team I've not seen anyone talk about is PV. You can never count them out. They are always a well coached and highly conditioned team.

I don't know a whole lot about PV other than Jordan Yates graduating will hurt them but you're right, PV usually produces good teams but I don't see them finishing any better than 4th in the MAC this year.

I see PV 2, 3 or 4. They have a good program that re-loads every year. They are usualy right behind Bett. I don't know how Central, Musc., or Burlington will show up this year, so I can't make anything definite of them. At this point, 2nd place is PV's to lose. I have to reward them for consistency.

Any thoughts on the Davenport Schools (west, north, central, ass.)?...with the exception of central I would think the other 3 would say they had disappointing seasons last year, could west north or ass. surprise this year?

Let's work our way up.
Assumption had it's 2nd team all-conference midfielder transfer, and a starting forward transfer. They were very bad last year, and I don't think they will be seeing a surge in talent from any source. This program has gone down hill

Most of North's decent players last year were seniors. They will be looking at another down year. Their goal keeper is good however.

West will be middle of the pack MAC but they could surprise people. Didn't graduate too many people, and they have some athletes. Their core of talent returns, and they have potential for an exciting offense.

Central will be watchable. They lost four starters to graduation, but four players who will see the field have (transferre/move) been added. Most of the talent is younger, which could be a detriment.

I would think that West and Central should have good teams this year..

As far as goalkeepers go (NOT JUST A BURLINGTON BIAS) but Selleck Davis was the 2nd team All-MAC goalie as a junior and will be back this year..with Lopez of Bettendorf graduating 1st team all MAC is Selleck's to lose

Burlington and North Scott will be in the top half of the MAC and Zach Schermer from Bett will be a more than worthy replacement for Lopez at GoalKeeper.

No doubt that Zach Schermer from Bettendorf is solid and will prove to be a real thorn for a lot of forwards this year. Burlington has a lot of returning top talent and are indeed a real threat (I actually have them finishing somewhere between 2 and 4). But North Scott? I'm interested in your thoughts on this. NS has not had a winning record since Moses parted the Red Sea, no 1st team MAC picks (I don't think), and a completely new coaching staff....

Bett will win outright title easily. Central will give them the best competition with there style of play and also is the only other team with true soccer players. Muscatine will be good but won't have a chance vs bett because of weak defense.

And Burlington and North Scott are both WEAK. they'll both finish between 5-7 since there are no teams after bett, central, muscatine, and pv

Wow, tough words for Burlington and NS. Something to keep in mind, both of those programs lost only a handful of starters. Both programs had a lot of juniors starting last year and figure these two teams will have nearly all seniors.

Besides, Burlington had several All Mac players - most of whom are returning.

Out of curiosity, "Central has true soccer players" ? What does that mean?

Anyway, should be a pretty good season coming up. I'd expect a few surprises this Spring, like every other Spring.

How do you say Central has the only true soccer players? Wow who do they have that is that amazing? Some of them just play for fun. They don't even have a goalkeeper. I'm sure Central isn't the only team with true soccer players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT