ADVERTISEMENT

Location of Harlan/Heelan

17th or 18th and Hamilton....Hamilton is major Street off I29. Can't miss it to your right as you come north on Hamilton...just come up I 29 to Hamilton exit which is well marked and head north.

Ah so it's Heelans stadium? I didn't know it was called memorial stadium, unlike the other games listed on Iahsaa it just said the stadium name instead of the school.

Thanks for the responses though guys!

I assume the game will be at Memorial Field.. but w/ today/tomorrows weather w/ rain/snow, i'm not sure how good of shape Heelan's field will be in especially after just playing on it last night too.. so, there is a chance the game could be moved to Olsen Stadium which has Field Turf.. directions to that field are in the link too.. From listening the the game on the radio last night, it sounded like Memorial Field was pretty slick..

If Heelan plays at home, they should be required to play on their normal home field! I'm sure it would be an disadvantage for Heelan to play on a sloppy field or there would not be any discuss about changing fields. Sure, both teams would be playing on the same field, but it can neutralize speed and quickness, which I'm sure Heelan has!

They did move their 1st round game vs. Creston to Olsen stadium.. so I'm thinking it might happen again for Friday..guess we'll see what the weather does next couple days..

The reason they moved the first round game was based on the premise that if they played round one there, it would GREATLY tear it up because of how wet and sloppy the field was from rain and knowing you could likely have one if not two more games there......the state did NOT pay for thr rent of the facility at Morningside College.....so unless it is really bad Monay I don't see them moving Round 3.....though they could if deemed a game would be too detrimental to the field I suppose.....it isn't free to reseed a field in the spring......

You don't really think it matters do you? I mean both teams play on the same surface.... Harlan beat Heelan at Olsen a couple years ago under similar circumstances

If Heelan doesn't want to play on their home field and are afraid of tearing up their grass and will have to reseed it next spring. Let's move it too Harlan. We have no problem playing on our field again. We played first round on our field and it did get tore up pretty good. We played second round, and that didn't help it any. We are more than willing to play on it one more time. It will be fine to play on. Rain is done and it will have a couple days to settle out. That's part of the game, deal with it.

LOL.. are you saying that a sloppy field is a great equalizer? I wouldn't want to play Heelan on Field Turf either..

Originally posted by Klutter:

If Heelan doesn't want to play on their home field and are afraid of tearing up their grass and will have to reseed it next spring. Let's move it too Harlan. We have no problem playing on our field again. We played first round on our field and it did get tore up pretty good. We played second round, and that didn't help it any. We are more than willing to play on it one more time. It will be fine to play on. Rain is done and it will have a couple days to settle out. That's part of the game, deal with it.
It's a Heelan home game.As long as the state agrees to it, the Crusaders can play it on the mall parking lot if they choose. Deal with it.

This macho talk makes me smile, anyhow, there is one place we will not play Harlan.
We will not play them at/on - Dixon Path in South Sioux.

Anyhow, I would understand why there would be no team who would want to play against us at Roberts Stadium - renamed Olsen Stadium (a name change which I was not in favor of).

How many alum still wished it was called Roberts? Oh well.

I could care less where they play it frankly.....just glad it's in Sioux City. I am pretty sure both teams will show up wherever they decide to play it.....playground, Olsen, Memorial.....and the team with the fewest mistakes probably will win like the way most games go.....though I would like to think we got a few of the mistakes out of our system against Spencer.....11 penalties and three turnovers.......mistakes are part of the game at any level obviously.

Best of luck all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT