ADVERTISEMENT

Light Family Fundraiser

Truitt16

Freshman
Oct 23, 2002
I wanted to reach out and ask for your help. I am helping organize a fundraiser for the Light Family in Mt. Vernon. Marsha Light is the wife of Mt. Vernon Head Wrestling Coach Vance Light. They have three children, Justin(7th grade), Reagan(4th grade) and Kalen(kindergarten). Marsha battled and defeated cancer five years ago. Unfortunately, her cancer has returned. I don't have all the details, but I know the cancer has returned and is in her liver. She started chemo a few weeks ago. Some wrestling parents and myself are organizing a fundraiser for the Light family. The proceeds from this fundraiser will go directly to the Light family to defray medical bills and/or other family expenses related to Marsha’s illness.We are going to host a kickball tournament, sell t-shirts and hold a silent auction to help raise money for the family. They are many ways you can help out. You can help by signing up a team for the kickball tournament, donate an item/s for the auction, purchase a t-shirt, make a donation to the Light family or help volunteer your service for the event. Here is contact information for the different parts of the event.

* The event is going to be held on Sunday June 3rd!! Kickball tournament will start at noon with concessions and silent auction going all day.

* Anyone interested in helping the Marsha Light family may send checks written out to the Mount Vernon Wrestling Club to the following address:
Mount Vernon Bank and Trust Company
c/o Mount Vernon Wrestling Club-Marsha Light Benefit
PO Box 188
Mount Vernon, IA 52314

* If you have an item/s that you would like to donate for the auction please contact Dan & Lisa Cannon: dan_cannon@msn.com.

* If you would like to enter a team for the kickball tournament, contact Aaron Truitt: atruitt16@hotmail.com
Teams must register before May 30th, however if you know you are entering a team please let me know as soon as you can.
This will help give me an idea of how many teams we will have for planning purposes.

* If you would like to order a t-shirt, you can contact Heidi Ryan: ryanfamily210@msn.com

* If you would like to volunteer for this event, please contact Dan & Teresa Cox: danncoxx@hotmail.com
Volunteers are needed for the concession stand, auction, umpiring, bringing food for the concessions and general help.

Please find it in your heart to help out a great family! Thank you for your time.
Aaron Truitt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT