ADVERTISEMENT

LHC Scores & Standings

Moose_31

Varsity
May 12, 2005
Sorry, i'm about 5 games late on this one. I would have figured 4_1A_2_Nv would have started this one. I guess just post them if ya got 'em.

hehe, i was thinking that you were going. I wasn't going to start it mostly because i took on a coaching position that requires me to be places on some nights of games so i wasn't going to be able to make it to all of the LHC games that i wanted too. blah, oh well.

Norwalk 3
Grinnell 0

Gabe Crall scored 2 goals and Eric May scored 1.

Norwalk plays at home versus Knoxville tonight.

Norwalk 4
Knoxville 0

Eric May scored a goal. Gabe Crall had one and so did Kyle Cummings.

Knoxville had their chances and in any other game would have probably hit the shots that they missed...

Norwalk returns 9 starters. They lost midfielder Rob Smiley and defender Austin Adamson last year. They have Austin's brother whom is a freshman that is playing some quality time as well as a few other players. The bench plays in pretty well too.

Kyle Cummings was out for a bit at the beginning of the season too. Norwalk has always been known for coming out weak in the first half and dominating the 2nd half. They should be very good. They lost to Xavier without Kyle Cummings in a PK shootout if that means anything to you or not.

wow... any info on either team?

Norwalk plays @ Pella tomorrow night pending weather...

Pella scored frist Boone came back with 2 goals Pella 3 goals before half 4-2 Boone scored 3 in 2nd half to win Last one with 1:10 on clock Pella had more shots on goal but too many just misses

wasnt there. i got off work at 6pm and i have an 8-10 page paper plus two other scholarships to apply for and finish up and the deadline is tomorrow.

Seems like Pella has fallen on hard times this year But its not how you start but how you finish that counts Giving up goals PC-2 OTT-6 Boone-5 Norwalk-5 not the way you want to start 1-3

Newton 6 Boone O Newton made Boone look like a first time program Boone didnt play the way they did in the first 2 games

Norwalk 6
Boone 0

This game ended at halftime due to field conditions. I didnt show up for the kick off, Varsity played first. I heard that Gabe Crall scored 19 seconds into the game with another goal shortly after. Norwalk went to town and controlled the game. Subs were in, im glad no one got hurt with the sloppy/slippery field.

PC - 3
Osky-2

Didn't rain for warm-ups, but poured like crazy during the game. It was very hard to see during the 2nd half when we were going into the rain. I felt like a human slushy during the game.

Yes sir.

Blake is the JV coach, and the assistant coach for varsity. He is a great guy to have around. Serious and funny.

Yeah, hes a pretty cool guy. I was lucky enough to be able to play with him when he played for Norwalk.

Norwalk beat PC on Monday. Wasn't there, i heard 4-0 or something?

Norwalk has an old rival in Nevada Thursday night at home!

Norwalk 2
South Tama 0

Much closer score then the game permitted. Terrible wind and a crappy field were also present.

Norwalk 2
South Tama 0

Much closer score then the game permitted. Terrible wind and a crappy field were also present.

I've got newton over norwalk in a shootout. 1-1 going into the shootout, and newton winning the shootout 5-4

Since when do goals count that don't even cross the 6yard box line?

Great call by the AR on that side. Not gonna lie. Way to be consistent. Jackass.

Norwalk didn't put it away. Newton boys have a lot of heart. Played hard all the way through the end.

Wow, i refrained from going into full detail only not to get destroyed and flamed on this thread. Good god. this was a horrendous game. Norwalk coach Dustin Kralik was not present. Credit Newton for sticking in it the entire game. Norwalk had 3 or 4 yellow cards, a huge on in 2OT being Brian Michelson. He went shoulder to shoulder and got all ball on a challenge and absolutely annihilated #12 from Newton and got carded. This comes about 15 minutes after a slide tackle from behind in the box by Newton that goes "Advantage" in Newton's favor when Newton never even touched the ball. Those are besides the point.

As far as the goal goes: Call me crazy but Newton had a cross go into the box that Norwalk goalkeeper Ben Smiley got both hands on. He falls FORWARD on the ground around the 6yrd box. There is a newton player in the goal and Smiley drops the ball in the 6box and Norwalk clears it to half. Newton is passing the ball around for what seems like forever only to hear a whistle blow about 10 seconds later and somehow a goal is awarded from the AR.

PS: I'm a certified referee and i do know the rules and i do have 20/20 vision. This was absolutely erroneous and horrendous all at once.

I talked to senior Gabe Crall after the game. exact words from his mouth: "We want something bigger then this." [In regards to the state championship]

Losses like these suck, especially for a team that has won conference at least the last 5-6 years in a row [I've been a part of 4 of those]

So it was frustrating to watch. Norwalk got awarded a PK very early for clearing Eric May out. Ideally, there should have been about 2-3 more PK's in Norwalk's favor awarded. This ref was afraid to make the call. the game was out of his league.

Once again, credit Newton's team for playing all out. They actually had a pretty good team and played their guts out against an incredibly talented norwalk team. So NO ONE can take Newton's effort away from them. Great job by both teams; effin terrible job by the men in yellow!

=> LHC Fan

thanks for the input. i havent been following my boys as much as i wanted to this year. and #12 is jason roskilly. 3 year starter for the cards. i knew that this game was going to be big for us. great effort by both teams and good luck to norwalk the rest of the way

Norwalk Tournament-

Quaterfinals:
Norwalk 2
Dallas-Center Grimes 0

Waukee 2 [OT]
Perry 1

DM Lincoln 1
Denison-Schleswig 0

CB Lewis Central [Not sure on the score of this game i think it was 2-0]
Nevada

Semifinals:
Norwalk 1
DM Lincoln 0

Waukee 1
CB Lewis Central 0

Championships:
Waukee 1
Norwalk 0

Norwalk was with out senior Gabe Crall for the semifinals/championship game as well. He had a personal conflict with the weekend but scored both goals in the first game against DCG. Norwalk played very well and had many chances against waukee. Kunze was just too good in the goal. Norwalk really didnt test him very much though. Can't wait for the last few minutes of the game to make your move. Great tournament and it stayed clear for most of the day but then the rain decided to show up for the finals.

i've got newton over tama on friday like 3-0 i think. newton plays knoxville tonight. last years score between the two was like 10-1 i believe. there was a redcard last year due to a nasty shot on jordan ray, so that may have had something to do with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT