ADVERTISEMENT

LHC scores & standings

Got a final on the varsity game?
I heard Norwalk beat Osky 9-0 with Eric May scoring 3 more goals, I believe bringing his total to 16 or 17...not for sure.

HUGE win tonight

PC - 4
Grinnell - 3

We were down 2 - 3 and scored 2 goals in 10 minutes.

This post was edited on 5/1 10:35 PM by soccer_kidif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

nhswarriors.. the final score was actually 10-0.. they forgot to add a point on the scoreboard. After last night, every starting field player has at least one goal. May leads the scoring with 16, followed up with numbers like 9/6/5/4, etc.. Also, Duy Pham (senior) scored his first career varsity goal. Looks like the standings are going to end pretty close to this..

Norwalk
Pella
Newton
Knoxville
Pella Christian
Grinnell
South Tama
Osky
Boone

Gabe- saw last night that you guys went 4-4-2. coughenower and may up top? it took u guys 20 minutes to punch one in vs OSKY!! was kinda suprised that cummings and may werent up top with you and garret in the middle with smiley and coughenower on the flanks. any reason for the change in formation?

whos next on the list for norwalk for goals scored? Mays scoring a TON. you boys need to shoot from outside the 18. [hah, does norwalk ever shoot from beyond the 18?] adamson had a pretty sick goal and so did smiley.

my schedule says that the Norwalk Invitation is on 5/12 [next weekend]. do u know who all is coming to that tournament? i know perry, dc-g, waukee, denison-schleswig were all there last year. any ideas yet?

Pella/Newton game was a very close game. Newton controlled the ball more, but we had a better attack/defense. we went up 1-0 fairly early with a trashy goal, and had a chance to go up by 2 at the end of the first half but missed a PK. Newton scored on a bad goal early in the 2nd. Ross Hogan ended it in 20T with a rocket shot from well outside the 18 that hooked down under the crossbar. btw, jv conference title doesn't matter.

who missed the PK for the dutch?

the JV conference title does not matter, but JV itself does matter. many of those players will see time in the future on those varsity squads. great programs usually have great jv squads to build up players who need some improvement.

well for some whos skill level is only at a jv level, it does matter. sure it doesn't count for anything. but it gives some people something to fight for.

The way Norwalk started last night vs. Osky is how they would play against an opponent worth playing. We could have easily thrown Cumings and May up top and scored simply because they are fast. The Crall/Cumings/Crall/Smiley in the midfield allows Norwalk to have a very solid middle of the field where they can keep control of the ball. May just does his thing up top.. Coughenhour feels much more comfortable as a forward, so the switch to him up top isn't that he would be the top choice.. more that the formation has everybody in a spot they are very comfortable in.

may is fast. hes got an incredible first touch and a solid strike from both feet. funny how he played left defender as a freshman last year and didnt even get a conference mention in any shape or form whatsoever... easily will get 1st team LHC, maybe some all state mention and all tournament [assuming norwalk makes the state tourney again]

yeah. hes good.

I have no clue protect lol.. none of the team plays football haha. He's not the fastest on the team though. Adamson is easily the quickest in Norwalk High, and Van Horn and Cumings are similar in speed to May.

Pella 3 Grinnell 1
This game was waaaaaay tooo close. Grinnell scored first off a ratty cross just outside the 6 to another player who just kicked it in the corner. Pella scored about 8 minutes later with a good response. Grinnell had about 5 one on one opportunities. 2 that they just straight up blew it and missed open goal and 3 that I saved. We stepped it up in the second half and put the game away. This game definitely reflects a little tulip time hangover and not playing soccer at all for a week.

I watched most of the game, and I saw Pella's 2nd and 3rd goals. Quincy is right the game was tight. Grinnell got two yellow cards. Also had a free kick that went in, but the ref hadn't told him to play it, so it didn't count. Then one of their players started talking and got a card. A grinnell player also shoved a guy in the back that warranted the 2nd card. It was a fun game to watch.

I would have expected Pella to easily handle Grinnell.. 5 breakaways? Nice job not letting any in, but thats a little much for a team I expect to be in the state tournament this year.

J.V.
Newton: 7
PC: 1

Varsity
Newton: 6
PC: 0

I saw also that grinnells jv beat pellas jv 2-0. good job guys.

Pella: 1
Knoxville: 0

Not a close game, Knoxville packed it in and had very few looks on goal.
Pella clinches 2nd in conference.

oh yea? i pass through there when i go to cedar falls to see my brother. how did your team do this year? what teams did you play?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT