LHC scores & standings

NrwlkGrassFerry

Freshman
Feb 24, 2005
Scores I've seen are:

Pella over PC 5-0
Newton over Grinnell 6-1
Norwalk over Knoxville 3-1

Standings wouldn't mean much, but Tuesday night's game Pella @ Norwalk will be a big matchup for how the standings will turn out at the end of the year.

how on earth did norwalk get scored on by knoxville? pk? sorry i missed the game, ill be at all the rest. i had some pretty important things going on that night. plus it was cold :D

Yah, Knoxville scored on a PK, but i will add that norwalk also scored on a PK and if both of those were not to be called, 2-1 is a very close game between the two schools. It was the first game for both schools, and i'll tip my hat to knoxville, they came out with intensity, even after norwalk scored 20 seconds into the game. That intensity is what led to the pair of PK's and also Eric May recieved his yellow card with about 4 minutes left.

Both PKs shouldn't have been called. The game was clearly dominated by Norwalk, but Knoxville did have a 10 minute spurt where they dominated. A big reason for that was moving Adamson up and bringing in a sub. The game itself wouldn't have been a very good one to watch, let alone play in. Really cold, and somewhat windy..

Moose, you have an update on Newton?

sure. here's what i know.

our freshman are undefeated. beating pcm in a saturday scrimmage against idk who, maybe all their players (frosh, jv, varsity). who knows, who cares, its freshman. then they beat ames 5-2.

j.v. is dominant. beating dallas center grimes 5-0, ames 2-1, and grinnell 2-1. though idk if a team would call themselves dominant by beating grinnell with that score. we just had a lot of missed opportunities that game. but the defense really stepped up that game. (not mentioning any names... wink)

now for varsity. beat DCG 2-0. then losing to ames 3-1. ames is 2A ranked like 7 or something. but then we come back and beat grinnell 6-1. their 1 was from a pk i believe because our goalie tackled a guy is what the paper says.

Conference Play 2006:

Norwalk 1
Knoxville 0

Substate Finals of 2006:

Norwalk 3
Knoxville 1

both games were "close" in scoring but norwalk handled both of the games. i believe norwalk hit the crossbar several times during the first meeting of the teams. the second meeting was lights out. we were up 2-0 at halftime if i recall correctly.

im following this Newton team. they might be more talented then i was thinking. congrats on the win over DC-G. Norwalk beat DC-G 1-0 last year during the Norwalk Invitational. did DC-G happen to have their collars popped during the game like last year?

moose was you at the grinnell game ???? jv game was very close . v game was close untill the yellow cards flew 5 for grinnell 1 for newton . newton dose look very strong .

yes. i play defense for the jv. you'll see me as #39 in your programs. #1 in your hearts. and for dcg, yes, some had theirs popped, and i laughed at them.
This post was edited on 4/9 8:24 PM by Moose_31if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Pella 7 Boone 0 ...This was Boone's first soccer game ever and they played very well. They were extremely physical and play about like Grinnel I would say. They played just as good as PC (for a while) and could probably have a couple wins in the LHC this year

Knoxville 2
Pella Christian 1

It was raining/sleeting the whole game and very cold. Knoxville scored twice in the first half and PC score in the 2nd half. We just didn't show up the first half and Knoxville took advantage. I would have to say that we got more aggressive and won the second half. #16 (Phillips) for Knoxville scored one of their goals and I forget who scored the other one. It was a great game to play in, and I can't wait to play Knoxville again in the postseason.
This post was edited on 4/10 8:46 PM by soccer_kidif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Norwalk 1 Pella 0. Cumings scored in the last couple minutes from a punt by the keep and flick by Garrett Crall. Sounds a lot like the Kville/PC game.. not the best weather to play in. There were 5/6 yellow cards and 2 red cards (1 a side) given out.

Pella has a solid team this year. Pretty good rebuilding after losing a very good team last year. I would be pretty surprised if they didn't make the tournament this year.

When does Knoxville, Pella, and Newton play each other? Beginning or end of season?

It was a good game minus the weather and that stupid goal in the 78th minute. I think we were getting a little bit tired at the end of the game and kind of looking ahead to overtime. It didn't help that we got back from Boone at 11 the night before. Credit to Norwalk though for their great defense.

5/1 Pella @ Newton
5/11 Pella @ Knoxville

Our game against osky got rescheduled, and the game against chariton tomorrow got moved to newton.

in regards to the norwalk vs pella game @ norwalk. the weather was terrible. norwalk's keeper punted the ball half of the field, garrett crall flicked the ball through the last defener and kyle cummings chased it down and scored on a 1v1. credit to the keeper from pella for stopping SEVERAL good chances by norwalk in the last 10-12 minutes. pella did not seem to have much offensive strength. clayton boyeink from pella had a nice free kick that was just wide of the goal. both teams appeared to be pretty disorganized and there were too many bad touches. i think the weather was the culprit. pella was on their heels for the last 20-25 minutes of the game and norwalk was controlling the game.

brian michelson from norwalk recieved a red card and will sit for the game vs WDM Dowling Catholic next tuesday @ Norwalk.

Chip? from pella also recieved a red card.

Norwalk was the better team. I predict pella finishing 2nd in the conference, making state and loosing first round.

thanks for the credit. Chip Phillips did get the red card for Pella. All of the yellow cards in the game were bad calls might I say. I don't really see Norwalk being all that better than Pella, to me it seemed like the team that had the wind was controlling the game and really if there was less weather factor, it could have gone either way. We just didn't have enough energy in the second half to overcome the wind factor and push the ball up out of our defensive third. On a different note, how did Knoxville only end up beating PC 2-1? Was it a fluke or are they just not as good as last year?

Newton's game for today got cancelled. The second one this week. Everyone on the team is confused and upset by this call. Too bright out maybe? Not sure.

i do believe norwalk is the best team in the LHC. last year, norwalk beat pella 1-0 in conference play and that game was close. then in the substate semi's, norwalk was down 2-1 and even down a player [bryan michelson, once again... lol] and norwalk still equilized the score in the last few minutes of the game and won in the pk shootout. pella had a MUCH better team last year then this year. norwalk replaced their 4 starting seniors with new younger talent. norwalk just needs to get some experience in the "new kids." norwalk seems to start off a little slow every year and that is due to new faces on the starting squad every year. they work and improve throughout the season and look what it has gotten them, 3 consecutive tournament births.

your teams ability and skill should not peak at the beginning, rather the end of the season.

im not discrediting pella for having a strong program this year. i think its unfortunate that with the team you had last year-u had to meet up with norwalk to go to state... pella was well worth a state bid last year and this year you might have your chance.

who does pella have for "goal-scorers" this season?

The main threats will be John Lee, Clayton Boeyink, Ross Hogan, and possibly Tanner Lind even though he'll be playing more defensive mid

what happened in the PC/Perry game? who scored and was the game as close as the score was?

Norwalk 4
WDM Dowling Catholic 3
[PK Shootout]

The game was definately as close as the score shows. PC won the second half, but came out a little sluggish the first half. I think #10 scored one goal for Perry (Lee?). Our forward scored for us on a long hard rolling cross to the far post. Perry's defense played "boom ball" any time it came into their area. The key to beating them is winning the headers in the air.

Our JV beat them 4-2

The game wasnt as close as score shows. #10 (Leo) scored, his 8th goal in 4 games. PC got in scoring position maybe 4 times and only got 1. PC was outplayed pretty much the whole time, mainly because of our speed.

PerryWhite you are entitled to your opinion, and I would agree that you played better than us in the first half, but seriously you didn't have that many good chances in the second half. In my opinion Perry's defense was not that good. If you can pass it around them, you can score, and that is how we got ours.

so Norwalkgrassferry, what do the LHC standings look like as of now? and how good of a team is knoxville?

J.V.
Newton: 4
Knoxville: 0

Varsity
Newton: 10
Knoxville: 1

Newton scored 2 within the first couple minutes. I missed the knoxville goal, but shortly after an argued newton goal, a knoxville guy knocked over jordan ray #5 (left) and gave the knoxville guy (#21?) a red card on the spot. It was all downhill from there.
This post was edited on 4/20 11:17 PM by Moose_31if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

A pretty close guess would be:

Norwalk/Newton
Pella
Knoxville/Grinnell
PC
South Tama/Osky/Boone
(I'm not sure who's played who..)

Games that will tell the end will be Norwalk vs. Newton and Newton vs. Pella. Unless something pretty big happens, those will be the games that determine the top half of the standings.

10-1 is pretty impressive.. sounds like the red card and early goals just turned all the momentum to Newton and they never gave it back.

Any more info. on the red card? If you don't know his name, position might help.

he was #21 midfield maybe. because that's what jordan ray plays. we scored twice within the first 2:30. I believe we had 3 before the 5 minute mark. After the first half they were just playing keep-away.

Tournament at Hoover today.

Newton beats Indianola 2-0
Newton beats Polk 2-1 in a shootout
Hoover beats newton 2-0. their second goal was within the last minute is what i've been told.

J.V.
Newton: 4
Norwalk: 0

Varsity
Newton: 1
Norwalk: 4

I didn't get to see the varsity play, but i hear it was much closer than the score said. any thoughts?

J.V.
Newton: 3
Pella: 0

Varsity
Newton: 1
Pella: 2
2 ot's. very nice shot to win it. it just went over doedens head. i still cant believe it went in. jv won, so newton pretty much has the conference title sealed up.
This post was edited on 5/1 10:44 PM by Moose_31if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT