ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsley-Pierson

DarkThunder#61

All State
Sep 28, 2005
A shout-out to the KP Panthers (17-7) with the 60-52 upset win over Ar-We-Va to advance to the Regional Finals in 1A.

Not sure when the last time was they were this far in the playoffs. K-P's girls' program had been down for a number of years and in fact had only been to state twice ('62, '67).

However, they, like several other teams around the state lately have had something of a youth movement the last couple of years with 4 sophomore starters and one senior, who is 7th on the team in scoring. They have 4 seniors total, and a fairly good freshmen and 8th grade group moving in.

The Western Valley Conference boasts some pretty good players and teams on a side of the state that's already rich with basketball talent.

I agree. Actually I am surprised it took this long. Our LB sophomore girls maybe won twice between 4th-8th grade vs K-P. We always had a tough time competing against them. Good Luck tonight panthers.

Unfortunately, K-P's season came to an end last night. Lost to a solid Adair-Casey squad, 74-61.

I should've mentioned I was kinda partial to K-P as I've got two cousins, one a senior and the other a freshman, who play for them, as well as family there. I watched them in a preseason scrimmage over Thanksgiving and I could tell they were starting to turn a corner even then.

Tough to have your season come to an end a game before state, but with most of their team returning, they should be pretty good again next year.

There should be a lot of thank you's going to Randy Weise. He had a lot to do with KP's success this year he coached that junior class from 4-8th grade they learned a lot from him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT