ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsley-Pierson

DarkThunder#61

All State
Sep 28, 2005
Just wanted to congratulate the Panthers on a fine season thus far, though it doesn't look like they're nearly done yet.

I have a cousin who plays on the team (family on my mom's side is from Kingsley), so I try to keep an eye on them when I can.

They have a solid top 5, led by Rachel Mercer, who appears to be a very capable shooter with 32 made threes at 40.5% on the year, averaging just over 13 ppg. They boast two solid post players in Kiana Phelps (who is among the top high school girls discus throwers in the nation) and a 6'2" freshman in Addison Hirschman (12.7 ppg). However, the main cog to their offense is 3-year starting point guard Marina Keck.

I believe they're looking at a school record for wins in a season as well as their first-ever conference title (at least in 5-player ball). They had a breakthrough season last year, reaching the regional finals before bowing out and this year, they're off to an impressive 13-0 start with wins over Lawton-Bronson, Woodbury Central, OA-BCIG, and a solid Sloan-Westwood squad.

They still have their conference tournament to battle through and a home finale against Sloan, but this is most likely a team that will get a top seed in its own region as they bid for their first-ever trip to Des Moines.

And if they happen to come up short this year, well that's alright because they return every single player for next year...........................................................................
eek.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT