ADVERTISEMENT

Is S.C East the Best Team in 4A

westside rules

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2016
Still undefeated and very balanced. Not sure who will/can beat them from the west end of the state

No. They have played a relatively soft schedule compared to other top 4A teams.

CBAL could get them from western 1/3

IC West and CR Kennedy are both very good. I think IC West is the better of the two, but we will see. What they play the tournament for.

I do agree that East schedule has been a bit soft, unlike football there are some decent teams on the east side of the state in basketball. A.L won't beat East, A.L. played about as good as they could and East played a bit above average... won't happen

Foul trouble, illness, injury. One never knows. But they gave them a good go first time around. Of course I believe game was at CBAL.

game was in Council Bluffs, was told that AL played as good as they played all year and EAST played so so. When they play again East by double digits most likely,

It's unfortunate that Basketball isn't stronger on the west side of the state, really hard to judge how good East actually is? The other S. C. Teams are average at best and other than CBAL not much to judge against.

How is Sioux City East not the best team in the entire state? Give me one reason why they arent. Basketball is very good on the west side of the state and there's nobody in any class that can tou the Black Raiders. Like i said, unless there are teams with 3 to 4 guys over 7 foot there is no way anyone can even compete with them.

I'm a fan as well but easy... the basketball on this side of the state isn't that strong I think they can make a deep run but in all honesty they could have been beat by a good but not great CBAL team earlier in the week.

We shall see

I find it funny that SC teams can critique the East side on football... That area has produced 3 RB's and a WR or two over the past 10 years and been pretty irrelevant in state.

I think the CIML is a little down this year. SC East, CR Kennedy, ICW, Dubuque Senior, and Bettendorf are my favorites right now. Obviously things will change as the season progresses, but these teams seem above right now.

In football there have been some good players ( last few years) but not good teams in 4A. Basketball is a different story.

I am referring to West side of Iowa vs East side of Iowa ( How Boon defines it for the playoffs for Football).

The west side of Iowa is very soft this year. The entire MRAC isn't very good outside of East who is pretty good and AL who is decent. East is the favorite to head to des moines from the west side, but I wouldn't say they are the favorite to win it all.... idk though.

actually my Heelan Crusaders should have taken CBAL down on Friday Night... East is the cream of the crop from the westside and it's really not a close 2nd

Heelan beat East tonite, 79-74. And it wasn't really that close as Heelan held a 35-22 halftime lead. Billings scored 11 points in the first half to account for half of East's scoring. He's far and away East's best player, and they're nowhere near the same team without him.

Heelan beat East tonite, 79-74. And it wasn't really that close as Heelan held a 35-22 halftime lead. Billings scored 11 points in the first half to account for half of East's scoring. He's far and away East's best player, and they're nowhere near the same team without him.
No he's not.... You clearly haven't watched many EHS basketball games this year

No he's not.... You clearly haven't watched many EHS basketball games this year

More than enough to draw those conclusions. Heelan did let P.C. Rees score 22 in the second half, but any 6-3+ post player who can move his feet could make him ineffective. Which they did in the first half.

Rees is good inside the paint and inside the paint only. He gets all his points on put backs or free throws. Elijah Hazekamp best player in MRAC. Can post up against when needed on big guys and can shoot from anywhere on the floor. He can also be point if needed. And his rebounds are off the charts. Rees is good, but definitely not the best. Jailen Billings runs the team for East, gets Rees those opportunities to shoot. Billings is best point guard in this area.

Rees is good inside the paint and inside the paint only. He gets all his points on put backs or free throws. Elijah Hazekamp best player in MRAC. Can post up against when needed on big guys and can shoot from anywhere on the floor. He can also be point if needed. And his rebounds are off the charts. Rees is good, but definitely not the best. Jailen Billings runs the team for East, gets Rees those opportunities to shoot. Billings is best point guard in this area.

I also like Billings a lot I'm just partial to Rees. With that said, I would take any of the 3 on my team.

Rees is definitely not the best??? That's bold! He's the leading scorer in the MRAC by more than 4 points per game. I realize stats don't mean everything but come on man. I can see why you might think Hazekamp is the best player but to say Rees is definitely not the best is a little absurd. He's for sure top two and that's a fact.

Rees is definitely not the best??? That's bold! He's the leading scorer in the MRAC by more than 4 points per game. I realize stats don't mean everything but come on man. I can see why you might think Hazekamp is the best player but to say Rees is definitely not the best is a little absurd. He's for sure top two and that's a fact.
I just think to be the best you have to be an all around player... shoot from the floor, dribble, see the floor, assists, and defend. I'll give you that he's the best post in Siouxland. Just my 2 cents.

Seed the teams for District Play
SC East (favorite from the west to make it to Des Moines)
CBAL ( Gave East a great game earlier)
SC West ( Playing Great Ball entering tournament play)
CBLC ( great record, weakest 4A schedule in the state)
SC North ( nice gym)
CBTJ ( won a few games this fall in football)

SC East took down CBAL tonight by 10 and it wasn't that close of a game. East definitely the team to beat from the West

I was also at the game and I thought Aidan Vanderloo took the game into his own hands in the 2nd half. That kid is fearless and fun to watch. I look for the raiders to be playing in Des Moines next month.

Seed the teams for District Play
SC East (favorite from the west to make it to Des Moines)
CBAL ( Gave East a great game earlier)
SC West ( Playing Great Ball entering tournament play)
CBLC ( great record, weakest 4A schedule in the state)
SC North ( nice gym)
CBTJ ( won a few games this fall in football)

After last nights fairly easy win over CBAL, there is no doubt East is a number 1, the question is "Should West be #2". Also can anyone elaborate on CBAL, a baller told me the starters are all transfers within the last 2 years?

I'm not sure SC East is the best team in 4A but they're the best team in Western Iowa. Coach Vanderloo has those believing in themselves. If they can ever start a game like they finish they could be really dangerous. Van Rees is the best player on the team, but last night CBAL did a good job containing him just 9 points. (his lowest of the season) It was nice to see the other guys step up like Billings and Vanderloo. Aidan Vanderloo is only a sophomore? WOW. He plays like a senior. Fun team to watch.

CBAL's entire starting 5 are all transfers, and they have all transferred within the past two years (pretty sure). I believe there's a few from Lewis Central, couple from Omaha (that just transferred this year I believe), and a couple more from surrounding rural districts around CB.

Interesting, I wonder what the draw is to CBAL, not trying to be ugly but it's not like they are known as a sports school or a basketball power.

Coach Isaacson. I don't know him, but he must be a good basketball coach (and persuader) to get these kids to transfer there. It's no secret, they recruit around the rural districts, CB, and the Omaha area. Not trying to start a debate about it, it's what happens.

It doesn't just happen in CB, it happens in SC as well. I like East or LC to come out of this district, but I could honestly see West or AL making a run too. This has been the most even substate I have seen in the last few years. The MRAC was also very even this year as well. It's been a fun year of bball.

I agree with East, I have no clue about CBLC, I watched them play East and was not impressed ( lost by 30) however their big man was out.
It's hard to gauge them, they have only lost 2 games but both were blowouts. It looks like they play A- 3A teams and rarely venture into 4A. Odd?

What is H-10? You got me thinking, why would CBLC not be in the same conference as East/West and Noth along with the other CB Teams?

I was not impressed at all with Lewis Central when they played at East. Now I understand they were without there big man, but I doubt he's worth 30 Points. If LC wants to gain any respect, they have to get out of the H-10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT