ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa kids at NCAA'S

bigfridaynite

Varsity
Sep 8, 2007
A few Iowa kids competeing in the west regional at U of Texas today and tomorrow with a chance to run in finals at Des Moines in a couple weeks.
Last night Blake Irwin and Aaron Stockstell made it through 1st round in 800's as well has Ashley Miller.
If you want to watch it for free go to U of Texas track and field Starts at 5 o clock.
Blaire Dinsdale and Shelby Houlihan came up a little short in 800s im sure im missing more kids.
Kyle Dunn,Ethan Holmes and Keaton Rickels all made it through 1st round too in 400 hurdles.

Yes, there are a lot of Iowa connections at the NCAA Regional meet.

Univ. of Iowa Men: Ethan Holmes (Clinton) also qualified for the next round of 400LH. He and Dan Davis (IC West) will both be in the 110 HH today. Mullins (Atlantic) would have been but has suffered hamstring injuries on and off with the latest at the Big 10 meet. Kevin Lewis (Ottumwa) finished 43rd in the 10k. Matt Banse (Starmont) did not advance in the Shot Put.

Northern Iowa: Jarred Herring (Burlington) did not advance in the 100m

Drake: Omet Kak did not advance in the 1500m Kevin Harp (City High) did not advance in the Javelin

Katie Flood (WDM Dowling) was the top women's qualifier to advance in the 1500m.

I'm sure there are many others on both the women's and men's side with Iowa HS connections but just don't have time to sort through it all.

It is fun to see Iowa athletes move on to the next level and compete well. Some will advance to the championship meet in Des Moines and it will be an awesome meet with great competition and a lot riding on the line in terms of team points. Some athletes will represent their countries in the Olympics this summer.

Watch the men's 800, there's an epic battle brewing with Charles Jock of UC Irvine and Ryan Martin of UC Santa Barbara. They both went 1:44 low at their conference meet head to head.

Meaghan Nelson (Cedar Rapids Xavier) - advanced in the 10,000M
Danielle Frere (Muscatine) - advanced in shot put

I see Katie Flood and Ashley Miller made it through in the 1500. On the mens side Ethan Holmes made it in 110's and 400 hurdles thats awesome.Matt Banse in hammer and Jordan Williams in discus.
Anybody else I may of miss?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT