ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Coaches Association playoffs

I am not sure what schools consider making the playoffs state? In my mind you have qualified for the play-offs however- It is FAR from "state". Which I would say the dome....... State to me is when the games move to a unique locations (Wells, Principal, UNI Dome)
So apparently before the Semifinals were moved to the UNI Dome, we never had State Playoffs?

As long as we're going to be ridiculous about definitions...

*8-game regular season, starting in week 0
*Everyone qualifies for the postseason
*First 2 rounds (64/32) are "regionals"
*Round of 16 starts "state" playoffs

AsThey have never done regionals long as we're going to be ridiculous about definitions...

*8-game regular season, starting in week 0
*Everyone qualifies for the postseason
*First 2 rounds (64/32) are "regionals"
*Round of 16 starts "state" playoffs
They have never done regionals, the closet they have to not calling it state is when they had 32 teams and the 1st round was originally called Substate.

To say the Final Four is State, is making someone feel good about a team that lost in the Semifinals

I misread your post and see where you were going with it, sorry

highly unlikely.......it takes three days just to play the 12 semifinal games
I know I was just figuring out that whoever thinks the "UNI Dome" is actually making State with 4 teams just because it is the Dome

Should consider that most all other sports that make State usually had 8 teams. So you would have to add the QTRs at the Dome to get 8 teams

I know I was just figuring out that whoever thinks the "UNI Dome" is actually making State with 4 teams just because it is the Dome

Should consider that most all other sports that make State usually had 8 teams. So you would have to add the QTRs at the Dome to get 8 teams
Playoffs equal state=Participation ribbon

I consider the first round of the playoffs as making state...... I think many would......
I consider the first round of the playoffs as making state...... I think many would......
I agree currently everyone in the playoffs calls it STATE, but if you expand call the first round sub state? M?y point was it doesn;t matter what you call it. allowing more kids to experience a post season in football is a good thing. Everyone makes palyoffs in Basektball, but only the 8 teams at the Well are STATE teams.

Last edited:
I agree currently everyone in the playoffs calls it STATE, but if you expand call the first round sub state? M?y pint was it doesn;t matter what you call it. allowing more kids to experience a post season in football is a good thing. Everyone makes palyoffs oin Basektball, but only the 8 teasm at the well are STATE teams.
Some people don't want expanded playoffs again. Most of those people want the path of least resistance, I don't know why, they did it before they can do it again

Some people don't want expanded playoffs again. Most of those people want the path of least resistance, I don't know why, they did it before they can do it again

Or, most of those people don't see the benefit of a 5th round of playoffs (which jacks up the schedule), all so a 3-6 team can go on the road and lose by 40+.

Reactions: Reasoned
Or, most of those people don't see the benefit of a 5th round of playoffs (which jacks up the schedule), all so a 3-6 team can go on the road and lose by 40+.
the only class where 3-6 teasm will make it is 4A . class A for example all 32 would have winning records. everything is alwasy thought of from the viewpoint of 4A and 4A is so Different than other classes

Reactions: dtk913
Guess what they were losing by close to 40pts in the Semifinals, so what difference does it make?

the only class where 3-6 teasm will make it is 4A . class A for example all 32 would have winning records. everything is alwasy thought of from the viewpoint of 4A and 4A is so Different than other classes

There were 4 teams under .500 in the Class A field the last time they had a 32-team postseason. And one of them (Danville) was 3-6.

Overall, of the 30 total teams at or under .500 that made the field in 2015 (all classes), only 5 won their first-round game. The other 25 lost by an AVERAGE of over 37 points.

Also, this is the 4A board so it would make sense that we'd be talking about 4A situations, no?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT