ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa City West

Mar 7, 2008
They didn't rebuild, they reloaded. they are potentially getting a few key IN-school recruits. anyone with any ideas of who can beat them?

Valley plays Iowa City West at the Iowa City Tournment which I heard Valley has some in state recruits and I think one of the players on Valley is playing D1 at Drake

Let's IC West lost Osborn, Windauer, Penney (who was All State), Ritter, however they had A Ton of youngsters playing, last year, when they ROLLED to another State Championship game. They did get knocked off there by Ankeny, 1-0.

Zobeck in Goal again.......so, good luck scoring on them.

Keep in mind, only a miracle, got them past WDM Dowling Catholic in the first round... Also remember, that a lot of the other teams have good players too :D

Actually, Norwalk, twasn't a miracle, it was tough soccer and 2 goals that got them past a very good Dowling team. If you wanted to observe a Miracle, look at the shot the Ankeny player made that beat West in the final.

Keep in mind that since about 2003, Iowa City West has played in just about every 2A State Championship game. The one year they missed, they missed a couple of PK's in the Semi Final that would have put them in once again.

I watched every minute of the ICW vs Dowling game and apparently the better team doesn't always win. And Ankeny was the best team in 4A last year. Their goal was NOT a miracle. They deserved the title.

Thank you Mr Obvious;

So, Getting to the State Championship game isn't worth braggin about? Ankeny has won 1. Iowa City West has won 3 or 4, I've lost track.

Norwark has won what 1?

Bballer for life......is your Momma worth braggin about?

3dgrin.gif

Originally posted by FrostyMitchell:
Thank you Mr Obvious;

So, Getting to the State Championship game isn't worth braggin about? Ankeny has won 1. Iowa City West has won 3 or 4, I've lost track.

Norwark has won what 1?

Bballer for life......is your Momma worth braggin about?

3dgrin.gif

So Frosty.. is this thread about Iowa City West or Norwalk?

ok frosty, try scoring on Zobeck, i believe it was done quite a few times last year and in the state championship game. misels goal was not that "amazing" in the ship becuase it was a pretty much chip to the upper left corner becuase Zobeck was out of position. and since iowa city west has a bunch of in state recruits is awesome but i believe that none of them are going to the only division 1 school in iowa which is drake

Originally posted by NBAtrey:
ok frosty, try scoring on Zobeck, i believe it was done quite a few times last year and in the state championship game. misels goal was not that "amazing" in the ship becuase it was a pretty much chip to the upper left corner becuase Zobeck was out of position. and since iowa city west has a bunch of in state recruits is awesome but i believe that none of them are going to the only division 1 school in iowa which is drake

Youre right, however a couple of going out of state for div 1

Norwarrlk and Dowling are confused again.

The original poster said 'In-School' recruits. Suffice it to say, you are going to find out as the season goes on, what that means.

The Only Question is: WILL IT BE ANOTHER OFFICIAL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, (WITH IOWA CITY WEST) IN THE FINAL, ONCE AGAIN? THAT'S THE ONLY WAY FOR IT TO BE AN OFFICIAL 2A FINAL, IS WHEN IC WEST IS IN THE FINAL, AS USUAL. Sort of like the NY Yankees and the World Series.

I don't have a problem with someone predicting City West will be in the final again this year..what makes u look like an idiot is when you try and say that Iowa City West is the only quality soccer school in Iowa, because they arent.

Valley has more than Iowa City West?
I doubt it. And the last time they met in the Semi-Final, well Iowa CIty West PUNKED valley bad.......bad...........bad.

The ONLY Question for 2008 is: WILL IT BE AN OFFICIAL 2A FINALS with IOWA CITY WEST in the FINALS? As Usual.
cool.gif

Thought you might find this interesting Frosty......

Most State Titles:
Valley-4
Iowa City West- 3

Most State Title Appearences:
Valley- 7
Iowa City West- 5

Also, Bettendorf is either tied or higher in the rankings of every topic than Iowa City West.

Doubting is nothing, Knowing is much better.

Totaled & SoccrGEEK:

Since like 2003, WEst has DOMINATED.
So what, Valley won some titles when Soccer was first invented in Iowa.

Get Real...........DOMINATION...........Get use to it
3dgrin.gif

but how could anyone beat west when kyle zobeck is in the goal? i thought u win by scoring goals, and thats not gonna happen to any team facing west this year.

Didn't City West Lose a couple of games last year, which means Zobeck got scored on wow but I guess we will find out this weekend if he can shutout Valley

A great keeper is only a small part of the defense. Lots of great keepers get scored on by great shooters. Happens in the pros every game.

Good point, Rock Star. Sounds like you actually play the game and know it, unlike some of the other posters, here.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
happy.gif

Frosty, i cant remember, did you ever tell us who you are and what position you play or played for ICW?

When do the Rankings come out, in the DM Register?

Obviously, they will HAVE to HAVE Iowa City West ranked #1, because they are ALWAYS the DOMINANT team in 2A. Except that it is a Des Moines based paper, so they are often confused.

3dgrin.gif

I just can't wait till the season get's going so I can see Iowa City West lose because it's going to happen because they are not that GOOD!!

oH----oh..........I'm feeling pretty scared, being called an idiot by a 9th grade pimple popping pinhead.

BBallerforlife.........You be sure to not RUN AWAY later this year. Your mouth has already been open a little too much. You are confused, son.

alien.gif

for your info i am older than u and playing soccer at a higher level than u will ever.....so how about u keep your dumb biased comments to yourself because the only person who appreciates them is you
This post was edited on 3/31 1:37 PM by soccirr_freak

actually i appreciate them a lot more than your opinions.. and as for zobeck, he has had some position issues in the past, but he has learned from those mistakes and is now easily the best goalkeeper in the state this year. west has been in the state finals 3 out of the last 4 years. if thats not domination, i dont know what is. and, whoever said west got lucky against dowling last year must have forgotten about how dowling beat west in 2 ots and pks two years ago. talk about lucky

and here is some more bias a person from the same school as him ganging up...i dont care what anyone says... frosty says some very ignorant and very untrue statements.....the final isnt an official final unless iowa city west is there is just dumb....there are other quality teams in the state.... i never said anything bad anybody im just saying dont be so biased....it will bite u in the ass later
This post was edited on 3/31 4:41 PM by soccirr_freak

Originally posted by soccirr_freak:
and here is some more bias a person from the same school as him ganging up...i dont care what anyone says... frosty says some very ignorant and very untrue statements.....the final isnt an official final unless iowa city west is there is just dumb....there are other quality teams in the state.... i never said anything bad anybody im just saying dont be so biased....it will bite u in the ass later

This post was edited on 3/31 4:41 PM by soccirr_freak

I would say it is just as ignorant and dumb to keep posting replies to someone like frosty. everyone on here gets all worked up over his posts and that is exactly what he wants. youre just as much of an idiot for getting into an internet argument over who is the better soccer team. figure it out dude.

your right 2 wrongs dont make a right....but if u didnt notice i wasnt arguing who is better....i was saying keep an open mind and u shouldnt need to talk up your team....how about u figure it out dude.....and by the way u saying that is doing exactly the same thing u told me not to do......"posting replies"to mine....so u figure it out dude

Wessie and sirFreak:

It will ONLY be an OFFICIAL 2A Final if Iowa City West is in the 2008, as they have been since, oh say, 2003. Champs in 2000, 2003, 2005 Runners Up 2004 and 2007 Domination.........

sirfreak must still be stinging from gettin his hat handed to him by IC West. That would be my guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT