ADVERTISEMENT

In 2A - Western Christian or the field

The tiny little town of Hull will pull an Orange City / Winning Favor moment and crown two champions this year. You heard it hear first, but you know they are all thinking it in Hull!

Last year I would have taken this bet. It was really theirs to lose then with 2 dominant post players.

Western's good this year, but not as overpowering. Some really poor decision-making in crunch time by their guard court makes them beatable if you can hang around until the 4th qtr.

Originally posted by Jay Banager:
The tiny little town of Hull will pull an Orange City / Winning Favor moment and crown two champions this year. You heard it hear first, but you know they are all thinking it in Hull!
......and all the other towns that help comprise their student population. Don't forget about them. They count too.
wink.r191677.gif

Your comment doesn't really make sense.

Tiny town of Hull (town of 2000+)?

Why are you linking them with Orange City? If you're suggesting Western Christian pulls kids from Orange City....I'd say if that happens, it's probably rare. However, Western Christian does pull kids in from a 30 mile radius and some from close to the Minnesota border.

Originally posted by Jay Banager:

He was referencing the year both Unity Christian and MOC-FV out of Orange City won the championship in 2A and 3A.

I think Western has to be the favorite and I would probably take them against the field. They are just a really tough matchup for teams. If you don't clog the paint Van Lingen will feast on the low block but if you do Western has more than enough shooters to make you pay. Especially Miedema, if he gets hot Western is pretty close to impossible to beat. Add in a couple guards who can penetrate and get to the hoop and you got enough to give any defense lots of problems.

With that said I wouldn't be shocked if they lost in the semi's or finals. They are young and sometimes they play like it. They also have shown a tendency to not get out on shooters and can give up some 3's themselves. But I will say this, if they can win this year I would almost guarantee the three peat with all they are bringing back. Not a single Senior on the team.

Western has a few hurdles just to get to state.

I don't think that Coach Eekhoff & team look past the next game, but realistic chances of losing include Sheldon, who's looked really good & really bad this year and Sioux Center, who has all the physical pieces, but self destructed. Pulling themselves together & knocking Western off is their chance to salvage something positive out of the year.
This post was edited on 2/13 9:12 PM by VanderHoops

The collective strength of 95 teams versus Western Christian?

Clearly that's not a fair fight.....They should add all of 3A as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT