ADVERTISEMENT

IHSSN

After the comment in the CR Gazette from the girls director, she should be fired immediately...if the boys director
Would have said something like she did there would have been a complete uproar across the state....she commented on the "unique needs" of the Iowa girls...as the parent of 2 daughters And a son I find her comments insulting to every girl and boy in Iowa

“Girls come to the table to participate for different reasons than boys,” she said. “When you talk with young boys, they focus more on winning. (With girls) it has to be fulfilling.”

After the comment in the CR Gazette from the girls director, she should be fired immediately...if the boys director
Would have said something like she did there would have been a complete uproar across the state....she commented on the "unique needs" of the Iowa girls...as the parent of 2 daughters And a son I find her comments insulting to every girl and boy in Iowa

“Girls come to the table to participate for different reasons than boys,” she said. “When you talk with young boys, they focus more on winning. (With girls) it has to be fulfilling.”

I'm sure she didn't mean anything ill by that. Seems like she is grasping for straws though. The girls' union doesn't do anything "special" for the girls. They do the exact same job. Running the leagues, putting the brackets together, etc...You could easily just cut half the jobs and go to one union. It would hardly be any difference to the kids, and the money saved could go to plaques/TV coverage/etc...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT