ADVERTISEMENT

Harlan?

Hmmmmmmmmm - 10-3 with losses to ranked teams that could have easily gone the other way. I beg to differ that they can't play. So talk about being able to play - what's Crestons record this year? Oh yeah and weren't you the one that kicked the PK about 80 yards over the goal basically losing the Creston game against Harlan last year. Sounds like Sour Grapes talking to me.

I'm a Glenwood supporter and I agree Harlan is good this year. They play physical, they are aggressive and they are much improved over last year. I'm glad they're not in Glenwood's substate bracket this year.

My prediction is that Harlan's substate final will be Spencer vs Harlan. I earlier predicted Harlan - Now I would give Spencer a very tiny edge. Only because it is going to be on Denison's field instead of a small football field. The bigger field will be to Spencer's advantage. It should be a great game.

first off all this thread isnt about me...but i gurantee im better than anybody on your team last and this and second of all i watched them play...and im just saying they werent that good...and if u want to talk about pk's even the best in the world can miss kick a pk...so im not ashamed of missing one...if u really want me to bring up sour grapes let me bring up past games where we got screwed

who is Soccirr_Freak now?

Harlan may not have the skill that other teams possess, however they always provide incredible athletes that are always in shape and not afraid to play physical. I wouldn't over look them.

hey man i never said i was the best...give me one harlan player??? I know im not the best im not even close....but hey i guess maybe compared to harlan players...which isnt saying much

Yes, Harlan is definitely for real. They are now 11-3. One loss was to Glenwood in a game which they had a lead for part of the time and ended up losing 4-2 in a state-type atmosphere. Another loss was to Carrol Kuemper. That was one of those games where nothing went right and came to shooting PKs twice. Their last loss was to St. Alberts in overtime with a few kids missing from their line-up.

Creston might be sour because Harlan played their worst game of the year and yet were still clearly the better team on the field that day.

Harlan has a tough first round game against Denison at Denison, which will be much tougher than the 4-1 rout earlier this year at Harlan.

Well Put Elidom3 - Now is when the 2nd season starts and I'm looking forward to some great soccer. It's been great watching the play quality get better in the district year after year. It's about to the point of "any team - any night" and that makes it way more exciting!

You know, who out there hasn't been jacked by the refs at one time or another? Those guys are human and make mistakes too. It's just part of the game. Some have learned to accept it for what it is and move on, and some want to be pissed for the rest of their lives and not let it go.

Enjoy the season !

hey man dont say anything about sour grapes with creston...im not even on the team...so dont make assumptions about a whole squad....all the stuff that was said earlier was by an individual....so just make sure that is clear

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT