ADVERTISEMENT

harlan preview

birch was not a factor in this game, last year he made catch after catch...i am thinking lewis central had him covered like a blanket. harlan,s coaching staff is letting the gb call his plays, which i thought was not wise....korhorst , harlans offensive coach, usually calls the play, which he was a genius at.....sounds like big crowd in attendance..i watch it online, terrible, 720p, can u believe it....audio problems,,,and camera guy missed play after play...harlan tribune did not even have the pre game article, where starting line ups are given, etc....harlan should stem roll through their district, lewis central some tough test, where this game probably helped them a lot to prepare for uncoming games....indianola will be the tough one, returning qb, and good wr....

Last edited:
Your right Ronsss, the camera work and audio was off. I believe LC was in charge of the video and KMA was in charge of the audio- not sure. I felt the announcers were good but to your point the poor sideline guy's mic was in and out. I was grateful they covered it. I don't know about the play calling, but your defensive play calling was outstanding. Kept LC guessing , remember LC only led in this game for a little over 5 minutes so lots of back and forth. LC and Harlan both have outstanding QB's, and skill players. Should be a great ride.

Your right Ronsss, the camera work and audio was off. I believe LC was in charge of the video and KMA was in charge of the audio- not sure. I felt the announcers were good but to your point the poor sideline guy's mic was in and out. I was grateful they covered it. I don't know about the play calling, but your defensive play calling was outstanding. Kept LC guessing , remember LC only led in this game for a little over 5 minutes so lots of back and forth. LC and Harlan both have outstanding QB's, and skill players. Should be a great ride.
the tiger live network , been watching some of the grinnell (harlan,s opponent) vs benton game...grinell has soph qb, and replaced a ton of players...grinnell will have tough night when they play the cyclones from the looks of it, and not a lot of size....harlan,s district is probably one of the weakest in 3a, i mean, saydel, etc.

Last edited:
when does lc get their d1 running back for play? you got to give that moore kid credit, he was not too shappy...quess u are right, better to be able to see game, than none at all....i thought harlan broadcasted all games from fmctc, not sure what happen there....i am watching grinnell vs benton, about the only live stream i can find without paying.....grinnell has nice field, cannot say that about their team, lost a lot from last year, and freshman qb

Last edited:
Gotcha, I went to see Saint Albert vs Treynor. Really good game , Treynor won it on the last play. Falcons tried the hook and ladder from their 40 with .01 seconds left and it darn near worked-down to the 5 yard line of Treynor when time expired. Jonathan Humpal (LC-D#1 tailback) should be back in a week or two. Jonathan is a very explosive back, has current offers from Kansas St. and Iowa St. I believe he rolled his ankle against Underwood the week before. Tough game for him to miss!!

Harlan might be a decline in power when this class leaves, not sure how the undclassmen coming up are going to perform. cyclones has had great talent on the team the last 3 years...the offensive line had lot of new comers thursday night, played well, but the pass protection was not there like last year. ....harlan qb thursday night had a tough night, and he kept throwing to sears? harlans qb was hurried some from what i witnessed in the game, and due to pass protection. lewis central has a good defense, and had some to do with that...

the 2 biggest surprises to me this season, lewis central playing 1a underwood, and lemars wins over sbl....the harlan lose , knew that could happen

lemars vs sbl for those internested

Last edited:
I believe Harlan will be good for years to come. The younger Bladt's on top of things. I hate to see rural Iowa start to lose population but that's a discussion for another day/ Need Jobs in smaller communities for kids to come back to. I really hated to see Mickel's go in 2013. We always ate there growing up and loved the food when we came to play Harlan. LC played Underwood because nobody else would step up. They were supposed to play a 5A from Des Moines but they canceled. Underwood has a squad and will be a force to be dealt with this year.

my mom ate at mickels up to the time it closed...not sure what happen , not enough business or they sold out for commerical business,s....the last time i ate there, dang, 1969 i believe..i left harlan then, and only returned for one year in the 80,s.

Class 3A​

1. Harlan (0-1), lost to 4A-#1 Lewis Central 30-27

2. Solon (1-0), beat West Liberty 42-0

3. Humboldt (1-0), beat Webster City 14-0

4. Nevada (1-0), beat Boone 38-0

5. MOC-Floyd Valley (1-0), beat Sibley-Ocheyedan 42-0

6. Benton (1-0), beat Grinnell 35-0

7. Central DeWitt (1-0), beat Davenport Central 46-0

8. ADM (1-0), beat Gilbert 43-14

9. Hampton-Dumont-CAL (1-0), beat West Fork 44-7

10. North Polk (1-0), beat Dallas Center-Grimes 20-16

rankins 4a

Class 4A​

1. Lewis Central (2-0), beat Harlan 30-27

2. Cedar Rapids Xavier (1-0), beat Western Dubuque 31-14

3. Waverly-Shell Rock (1-0), beat Waukon 42-14

4. North Scott (1-0), beat Davenport North 47-7

5. Bondurant-Farrar (1-0), beat Ballard 36-7

6. Indianola (1-0), beat Ankeny Centennial 26-20

7. Norwalk (1-0), beat Pella 44-20

8. Iowa City Liberty (1-0), beat Iowa City High 36-19

9. Cedar Rapids Washington (1-0), beat Cedar Rapids Jefferson 47-6

10. Webster City (0-1), lost to Humboldt 14-0

Teagon Kasperbauer, i was shocked to see it...i have watched many cyclone games, and teagon is the first one to call his own plays that i know off....i did not like that call, the offensive coach is great at it. teagon had a tough game, he was under some pressure in this game

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT