ADVERTISEMENT

GVC Recruiting

Lol don't be mad that I used the WWE for a comparison.

Besides, if it's gone to crap, it's only because you haven't been around to hold hands with everyone and talk about how great each team, player and coach is, especially in NW Iowa ;) (which is really why this Rivals site fell off in the first place.......in its real glory days, this wasn't a "sunshine and rainbows for everyone/ let's all feel good about each other" site.)

Okay...

(pulled out one of your patented replies)

I've heard rumors of next years class. anyone else? 2019 commitments. I think there are 2 so far.

I haven't heard that, but can anyone confirm?
I'm assuming you are talking GVC and not Garrigan. :)

If that is the case, seems really tone deaf given the recent climate.

Who are these players TopCoach?? Where are they coming from?? I’m pretty sure you’re just making something up now. But hey, I’m just down here in Southern Iowa and don’t know much.

When it comes to dunking only, Harouna is hands down the best Iowa has ever seen. I'm talking strictly from an entertainment perspective, which is what high school sports are, if you don't have a dog in the fight.

Ricky Davis my man. You must be a young buck. Dude was in an NBA dunk contest when he was in the league. He would regularly posterize Earl and Lohaus in the Primetime Summer League way back in the day when he was in HS! Had plenty of skill(not as polished as Barnes) but a way better raw athlete.

GVC is a lot of fun to watch, but it is pathetic they go to the recruiting extremes they do to win titles against rural 1A schools.

Reactions: Kraftwerk
several sources have talked about a 7 footer from Omaha - I was shocked to hear this. That will be interesting in 1A. I have also heard there is another Mali player already here with the family that hosts all the others.

A source at SE Polk told me the glenn family has twins coming to live with them. I guess grandview didn’t take them so they are going to ACA (not sure what school that is). I guess they are studs.

Curious if we'd be having this conversation if the GVC kids played at 4a school like a Dowling or a Des Moines East or North?

I think North has/had some foreign players this year.

Is it because it's 1A - is that the main reason for concern?

Curious if we'd be having this conversation if the GVC kids played at 4a school like a Dowling or a Des Moines East or North?

I think North has/had some foreign players this year.

Is it because it's 1A - is that the main reason for concern?
I think we would still be talking about it but the outrage might be dullened a bit. Bringing in players the way they have the last couple of years is not something we see happening very often, even in 4A. It just heightens things that it is also a 1A school that is doing it.

Reactions: mylameusername
EvilMonkeyInTheCloset. I can’t really say for sure if any of these schools recrtuit with certainty (except Grand view Christian). The only 2 private schools who i feel truly don’t recruit at all are St Mary’s and Prince of Peace. It is a bit odd how dominant garrigan has been in the past 4 years both in football and in basketball and the same goes for St Alebrts. But again, like I said, I just don’t really know because I’m not in that area really to know for sure
Let me just start out by saying I know for a fact that 4 of the starting 5 players on the Garrigan basketball team have gone to Garrigan since kindergarten 1 had an older brother graduate from Garrigan... 1 has had multiple brothers graduate from Garrigan... the other 2 had a dad graduate from Garrigan... the other transfered from a public school but after going to a catholic school that didn’t have a high school. So before the state tournament starts we can put to bed that Garrigans basketball team is NOT a bunch of “recruites” and that’s why they are so good the last few years. The fact that the starting 5 has been the same starting 5 for two years now probably helps.

Reactions: Anonymous111
I’m a current senior at GVC and I can say with certainty that we do 100% Recruit. Ever since coach stubbs has been here the school has taken a turn for the worst. Everything here is always about winning and about the basketball team. The faculty hardly even cares about the students who don’t do sports. Issa and Haraouna are great guys and we love having him here so don’t blame them. It the corrupt adults and coaches fault for all of this. Our school is under so much fire right now and for all of us who don’t participate in sports

Reactions: Anonymous111
I’m a current senior at GVC and I can say with certainty that we do 100% Recruit. Ever since coach stubbs has been here the school has taken a turn for the worst. Everything here is always about winning and about the basketball team. The faculty hardly even cares about the students who don’t do sports. Issa and Haraouna are great guys and we love having him here so don’t blame them. It the corrupt adults and coaches fault for all of this. Our school is under so much fire right now and for all of us who don’t participate in sports
Nice to have a insight view

I’m a current junior at Bishop Garrigon and we also definitely recruit. The school goes out looking for good athletes and brings them in.

I said it, I posted it, so it must be true.

You guys do all realize how silly this all is right? I’m all for different classes for private schools but let’s stop bashing teams and coaches just to try to make yourself and/or your team look better. Let’s get ready to watch some good high school ball and maybe actually think of productive ways we can make a change to Iowa High School Basketball...like a shot clock!!!

Who are these players TopCoach?? Where are they coming from?? I’m pretty sure you’re just making something up now. But hey, I’m just down here in Southern Iowa and don’t know much.
I thought you were a junior from Bishop Garrigon. Doesn't seem like southern Iowa to me.

I am a junior at Garrigan. I’m from Southern Iowa originally. It’s posted on a message board, so it must be true. Oh and I forgot to tell you that I did some research on the 7 footer from Omaha. He’s actually attending a CB St Alberts next season.

Just make separate classes for private schools. One class for small private schools and one for large. Problem solved. Everybody wins. And the boys in Boone make more money.

Reactions: S.E.iowahardwood
So I’ve done some research on this over the weekend. Across the state, there have been more new athletes attending different public schools then athletes switching into a private schools. (This is over the last 4 years)

Reactions: JustCourtney
So I’ve done some research on this over the weekend. Across the state, there have been more new athletes attending different public schools then athletes switching into a private schools. (This is over the last 4 years)
There are also way more public schools than private. Like I said before, very simple minded.

Who do you think I am? Of course I accounted for that in my research. I wouldn’t share if my research was tainted.

Anonymous, you are welcome to continue attacking me rather than partake in the conversation though. It doesn’t bother me. I’m just a neutral fan of Iowa High School Basketball with dreams of being a sports reporter someday.

Who do you think I am? Of course I accounted for that in my research. I wouldn’t share if my research was tainted.

Anonymous, you are welcome to continue attacking me rather than partake in the conversation though. It doesn’t bother me. I’m just a neutral fan of Iowa High School Basketball with dreams of being a sports reporter someday.
I would like you to post your research.

Just make separate classes for private schools. One class for small private schools and one for large. Problem solved. Everybody wins. And the boys in Boone make more money.

That’s too simpleton for this thread...if you ask Anonymous.

Man....Stubbs better get those kids back to his...errrrr....the school gym and figure some things out! If the dream team can’t stay out of foul trouble, a 3-peat could be in doubt.

Memo to them for next year’s recruiting class...better get a guard this time around!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT