ADVERTISEMENT

Gamestop....

It was ready for death. Sort of like how the Indians would decide they were old and tired enough to die. “It’s a good day to die.” Then they would climb a mountain and stay there till they did so.
So the wolves (hedge funds) moved in for the kill. Nature’s way was about to run its course only to find some damn neophyte “do gooders” interfered and in doing so, shocked Wall St. in the process.

My take is there are some shenanigans on both sides. Institutional investors can push market valuation around and it is up to the little guys, as in us retail investors, to understand their game and work around it. Is there some room for them to clean up their act? Sure. Is the government, in particular this group of misfits, the right group to resolve that? Shit no. They are going to fvck up the market if we aren't careful.

And as I said in another thread, tax the ashes that are left.

I didn’t know anything about it until thus post - fascinating dynamics
There's some press on it this week, go check it out. The dynamics of the institutional investors vs retail investors is a real thing. I honestly don't know what they can do about it without having a larger impact on the market that affects everyone. I am sure the Dems will try something though.

Reactions: dhetiger
Phuck the institutional investors who are shorting - stupid strategy for managers of investment funds for other folks. And if by institutional they mean just established Wall Street fat cats, then doubly phuck them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT