ADVERTISEMENT

******GAME TALK: Regina vs. St. Edmond******

Probably a good point Pribs. Most 1A teams are lucky to have one good cover corner yet alone two. Plus most 1A defensive backs are used to supporting against the run 90% of the time. A good qb is the most valuable weapon any team can have but especially in 1A.

215# and others who count coaches.

Regina has 6 Varsity coaches. 3 on defense and 3 on offense. Most are volunteer. Coach Cook invites all of the junior high and jv coaches to be part of the playoff experience and stand on the sidelines. He also includes them on the playoff roster for recognition. That's how you build a program, from the bottom up. So when you say they have 15 coaches you are correct. Grades 7-12 and the majority are involved with the program on a volunteer basis. When you include your youth coaches in the overall success of the varsity program you get good coaches to come work with the younger kids. Solon does a great job of this as well. Kevin Miller includes a lot of his junior high and JV coaches on the sidelines for varsity regular season and postseason games. Look at what they have done.
This post was edited on 11/23 8:27 AM by cloudwatcher

Don't get me wrong, Regina is as good and as well coached Iowa high school football program as I can recall seeing. I'm not putting them down in any way. If it takes 19 coaches to be that good and they can both afford it and find them, more power to them. Very impressive for a 1A team or a 4A for that matter

"Being an assistant at Regina is a resume builder??? Lol. Good lord"

Its amazing what looks good on resumes these days. I used my coaching at that school on several resumes and one has already led to a job, and another one impressed a panel of 5 people so much (not even a coaching position) that I was pretty much hired on the spot.

Giving time back to the community and helping shape/influence the minds of our young people in a positive manner is a good thing.

Regina is a class act, and so are all of their coaches. Best group of guys I've ever been around, and the most I've leanred about football in the time I was there...and I've coached for 12 years!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT