ADVERTISEMENT

******GAME TALK: Kuemper Catholic vs. Waukon******

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
I want to link this post on the front page so keep all game talk/updates/postgame talk here now! Also get your picks in before things kick off as well!

Based on a few series it looks like we might finally have another good title game after the A, 3A and 1A snooze fests.... hope it stays competitive.

I got no dog in the fight and something has to be pretty flagrant to take away the chance for a kid to play for a state title... but #8 from Waukon should probably not be playing the rest of the game... that was a WAY... WAY... WAY late hit on that TD...

Question for Waukon:

Do you pronounce it like the broadcasters are saying - walkon
or do you say Wau-kon (with the accent on kon)?

I've never heard it pronounced as walkon before.

Originally posted by LincolntwspFarmer:
Question for Waukon:

Do you pronounce it like the broadcasters are saying - walkon
or do you say Wau-kon (with the accent on kon)?

I've never heard it pronounced as walkon before.
The first...walkon.

Originally posted by CatcherForLife6:
Kuemper looks like they aren't playing like they have in the past, a lot of mistakes.
I think Waukon could say the same thing. A lot of turnovers in this game. Two very equally matched teams.

Originally posted by UnionFootballFan:
Originally posted by CatcherForLife6:
Kuemper looks like they aren't playing like they have in the past, a lot of mistakes.
I think Waukon could say the same thing. A lot of turnovers in this game. Two very equally matched teams.
you are probably correct, I didn't want to base my opinion on that since I've never seen them play before. At least this has been an extremely fun game to watch.

Very fitting last play to win the game. A FG that hits the goalpost to barely make it. Great effort by both teams. One heck of a fun game to watch!
This post was edited on 11/22 5:13 PM by UnionFootballFan

Definitely game of the finals. A FG for the victory hits the cross bar and narrowly bounces in. Trying the FG itself was surprising enough.

...and all of that after Waukon gets called for 12 men on the field and the FG is kicked from 5 yards closer. Then it hits the crossbar and goes through. Tough game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT