ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Madison Situation

super_tecmo_bowl

Freshman
Apr 28, 2005
Fort Madison may either have a boys basketball job opening this summer or superintendent opening.

Bizarre behavior by the husband of the Fort Madison supt as of late. Their son, Max, was a junior on the basketball team last winter and did not see any varsity action.

Video of the Fort Madison Superintendent's husband going after the Fort Madison boys basketball coach, Ryan Wilson, recently in a summer game now at 18K views.

Tweet is below:

“You know why you are still coaching? It’s because of Max, he vouched for you. He said give him one more year. You were gone. That’s the only reason and then you treat him like that.”

Fort Madison media also picking up on it:

https://www.pencitycurrent.com/2019/06/16/school-board-needs-to-address-superintendent-concerns/

Last edited:
Assuming what the husband says in the video is true, I don't see how the Superintendent survives this situation. First, it's just generally a bad look for a school that already loses a ton of students to Central Lee and the Burlington schools in open enrollment. Second, again if what he says is actually true, she lets her husband and son have influence on decisions she makes for the school district. That's got to be a fireable offense. I mean, if this was a teacher doing this, he or she would be fired immediately.

For those of you who do not know, this is by far not the first incident involving the superintendent or her husband as the above linked KHQA story adds some detail on.

Geez I know you sometimes hear about stuff like that going on but to actually see it is pretty eye opening. What a jerk. Lady in the video says it all. Grow up.

Just to add to the above description, he's been kicked out of a baseball game before but not for yelling at the umps. He was yelling at the FM coaches so belligerently the umpires felt the need to have him removed.

And, that may be precisely what that family has done. Per the Pen City Current, there is a special board meeting in FM tomorrow and the only items listed on the agenda are:

I. Approve the agenda
II. Closed session to perform superintendent evaluation
III. Adjourn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT